Thread: Dressing an infrequent desire how about you

Dressing an infrequent desire how about you

Hello how often do you fell the "need" to dress?

My name is Steph, I'm a new member, again. I'm 62 and have been dressing for as long as I can remember. However my desire/need to dress comes and goes. I can have no desire to dress for months then something triggers it, maybe seeing a nice dress on the TV or out shopping with my wife and seeing a fantastic top. Then the cycle starts again - back to wearing panties and a nightie to bed, building to more and more items over the next few weeks until I'm out shopping and dining completely dressed with wig and make up. This goes on for another week or more and then I start to feel "silly". "There is no way I'm passing" and quickly the desire leaves and all my clothes go back in the garage. Male mode can then last from a few weeks to over a year.

Reality Check
    I dress for part of the day nearly every day (fully dressed, wig, boobs and hips) but there are times when my wife and I will head out on a trip and be gone for weeks. No dressing during that period and I don't really miss it. Well, I miss it a bit but I don't have the mental issues some folks here report when they don't dress for a while.

A lot of what drives it is feelings. Many times in the past I would think if I were a girl I could do this or that. Becoming a girl by dressing in a sense fulfills that if even for a little while. The key is getting in touch with and accepting ALL of our feelings even the ones that society has told us are "forbidden" to us. It also make us more of a full spectrum person emotionally and that is really a win-win situation for us. Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi Steph,

My dressing habits are very similar to yours. In the past I have gone for long periods (sometimes years) without dressing and without the need to do so, then for no discernible reason the urge will come roaring back (pink fog) and I will become obsessive about it. This is difficult as my dressing opportunities are limited which leads to frustration. Right now I'm out of the fog but still actively enjoying every opportunity I get.

Elizabeth
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 12-08-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Before I was able to be at least comfortable with my desire to wear women's clothes, there was a lot of shame connected to it for me. Just like many others, I tried hard to either suppress the longing, or simply ignore it. When the pent-up frustration bursted out it was in many ways, for example in dressing several times a day or habitual browsing online clothes shops instead of carrying out my obligations.

Because of the fact that I don't live alone, the opportunities to dress are still few and far between. However, or should I say luckily, I've come to terms with my crossdressing; I no longer attach shame or disdain to my doing it. That's not to say I would have no problem telling anyone, it's more in the way of I'm okay like that, I'm not bad for wanting to wear a nice dress, at least in my own eyes. That enabled me to simply look forward to dressing when the opportunity presented itself or I feel the need and enjoy it instead of worrying and feeling bad for it.

Now the urges aren't as strong as before, far from it. There is a certain desire to dress when I see a woman in clothes I would want to wear, but I have no problem embracing it, for lack of a better word. Maybe make it a point to remember what clothes she wore and next time I'll try to buy something similar.

Honestly I really can't say how often I feel the need to dress. Sometimes a few weeks can pass by without feeling it; sometimes every time I am alone the idea pops up in my mind. But knowing that I can control it and my attitude changed, I can let the opportunity go and be happy.
    Last edited by Lucy23; 12-08-2016 at 03:20 PM.

My wife and I play dress up about twice a month. Recently since I started looking a CD forums I have been under dressing just a bit more often.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Late afternoon and evenings every day if I'm sure I'm in for the day. Luckily, my best friend who is most likely to stop by after work is also a CD, so I don't have to change.

I don't think it's really an urge. I do it because I like it and because I can. It allows my center to hold.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I'm a seasonal dresser since most of the styles and fabrics I like would not be as pleasant to wear in warmer weather. So Fall, Winter and Spring are my favorite times. However, since I under-dress most of the time I don't get as crazy as I used to. I dress when I can which hasn't been in a while since my wife retired. But that being said, there is nothing like getting all dolled up and going out completely dressed. There is simply no substitute.

Silver Member
    I feel the need to dress every day. My current situation permits that. After my morning ablutions I dress completely in my girly clothing selected for the day, plus forms, thigh-hi stockings, wedge sandals or flats and jewelry. I just gotta be me, every day, and I love it! If I have to leave the house, I will present in boy mode, but will be underdressed to the max.

Mine is now as Lucy has mentioned below x
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I only ever fully dress and have been doing so since my mid teens. I'm now in my early 50s and dress at every opportunity, it would take something very special to give up any Diane time. The longest gap I had was six months, not through choice. Right now I'm in a hotel and this is the fourth consecutive evening I've been able to dress, I really wish I could stay here for weeks.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Your experience mirror's mine, except I haven't gone out yet. But it starts out of nowhere and grows and grows then goes away. I used to dread the intense feelings but now I embrace it. I even miss it when it wanes. Having met a non-judgmental and encouraging woman has helped put things in a much healthier perspective. Thank you for sharing Steph.

Banned Read only
    Steph,

I may not get the chance to dress every day but the need is there 24/7 no ebb and flow. That silly feeling has gone away now I've found myself , I feel that only happens when you try and deny your needs, or you try and satisfy a DADT situation.

Hi Steph, welcome back.
    Frequency??? Daily to some degree, starting with panties, shaper and bra. Sometimes more (like today) or sometimes less. Having a supportive, helpful wife is fantastic.

Daily for me. In one way or another I'm dressed every day. Perhaps not full on with makeup, but most certainly I'm me every day.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aspiring Member
    Frequency of desire is a hard concept for me to digest. It's a compulsion that never leaves. I leave it when I have to. There is no "wanting" or really even "needing". It just is, 24/7. Denial and distraction only go so far.

I am at least partly under dressed almost every day. Once home from work, I'll change into "feminine casual" more often than not. Kelly is a bit of a slug some days and just doesn't feel like bothering with makeup, wigs and pads. Not that I don't love those things, but it all takes time and energy I often seem to lack.

Steph, my desires ebb and flow too, but they are much more erratic. Sometimes the desire starts slowly and builds up intensity until I am desperate. Other times it can start at a high level and stay there. Sometimes the urges go as quickly as they come. Sometimes dressing and even going out create even more desire. I never feel guilt or regret or silly afterwards. For the last 2 years the desire has never left me and was very full on for almost 4 years before disappearing for 3.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I am like you Steph. Similar age, and I'm on and off. The frequency is years in each "state". I'm in the "off" mode now, and only occasionally will slip on a bra or heels. I dearly miss the euphoria I know I have when I'm in the on state, but I cannot just switch modes. There is a clear difference in the modes. When I am in "on", I cannot subdue the effort required to dress somehow. In "off", it is take it or leave it. And now, I have a home situation that will tolerate the need, so it is me, not the environment.
    Such a quandary we were issued in life, eh?

Thanks for the replies and insight. It appears just as there is a wide spectrum under the "Trans..." umbrella then also a spectrum under the cross dresser label. Thanks again ladies and enjoy your version of being a CD.

When i was younger the urges (as i call them )came and went as long as i could get over the guilt or remorse from what i did .Now being older and finally accepting 99% what i do i dress way more frequently and enjoy it more
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo