Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What triggered your Crossdressing need?

What triggered your Crossdressing need?

Hello for me when I was 4 or 5 and my cousin Pamela convinced me to put on one of her dresses with the assurance no one would see me. Pamela was 3 years older than me and after she fastened me in the dress, she dragged me out of the bedroom and showed me off to her mom. My aunt immediately had Pamela take of the dress. My humiliation was intense. I'm not sure if this started it or I had the desire before, why else did I agree to put the dress on in the first place.

This has resulted in a lifetime desire to been seen when wearing any item of womenswear.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I was pretty much raised by my sisters since I was a surprise baby. My Mom thought she was done with my brother 5 years earlier. I was around them a lot. This was back in the 50's when they were wearing dresses every Sunday for church. The dresses had full skirts with bouffant petticoats and swished with every turn. Everyone visiting commented on their feminine beauty. Nothing I wore compared to what they could wear. It looked like such fun that I was not having in my clothes. So at an early age of 4-5 years old I wanted to wear what they did. There was a gold satin gown hanging in storage in the basement that I would wear whenever I had some privacy. When I was old enough to be left alone, I raided my sisters closet and draws every chance I got. They had to know since sometimes I ripped them or split the zippers but no one ever said anything. So the short answer is an inner need to be feminine triggered my crossdressing. I personally think it is part of a previous life as a woman drifting into this life. Yes, I believe in multiple lives that afford us the oppurtunity to travel through time growing as a person and a soul.

When I was about ten or twelve I would look through the Sears catalog at the lingerie section (my parents ran a pretty tight ship - it's not like my father had a stash of Playboy magazines around the house, so I took what I could get). After a while I realized I was just as fascinated with what the models were wearing as I was with the models themselves. It just grew from there.

Wow if I could answer that question I would be a Billionaire. I don't think it's any one thing or experience. For myself it started out as curiosity then gradually built up until it felt like the natural thing for me to do. The end result is who I am today.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Stephanie Julianna, my story is the same as yours!!! Exactly!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I know why I wanted to fully dress up and go out in public.
    I would lounge around the house in heels and a skirt; sometimes I would hang out in the front driveway (no neighbors) just lower half dressed up and upper not.

More than anything, I wanted to walk around in public in a skirt and high heels (at least 4+ inches).
    And I am not the type to go out partially done-up.

Others do that, cool, just not me.
    Then a wig, makeup, and dresses followed.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I can believe that in some cases, the girl wearing the pretty dresses and getting all the attention might be a factor. Not for me, though. My sister is a year and a half older and I can't recall that happening. But the catalogs and magazines, yes, I wanted to wear what those beautiful models wore, especially the makeup and high heels. As it turned out, my older sister and I were the same size (clothes AND shoes) for most of our teen years. Lucky me.

Aspiring Member
    When I was about 4 or 5 I found one of mom's bras in the laundry. So I put it on the rest is history. I did spent a lot of time with 3 girl cousin when we were very young, they are a little older, I always wondered if they dressed me up. Some day I may have to ask them.
    Sara

For me it was the desire to be like Princess Peach, which coincidentally happened after having a dream that I was dressed up like her. Just thinking about being her gets me excited, and crossdressing had been the next best thing, as my desire was to look like a princess. But now that my collection of feminine clothes is getting bigger and bigger, imagining myself as Peach does not mean as much anymore. I would still love to dress like her and be her for a few days though, and if a genie granted me 3 wishes, this would be 1 of them.

I don't really know. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. My mom just let me wear whatever I wanted, so that meant I spent a good chunk of my childhood in fluffy princess costumes. I grew my hair out for a while too, till I got sick of how tangly it was.

In high school our football coach suggested that we wear pantyhose that weekend as it was going to be around 25 degrees. Tried them on and was like wow, this feels so good and sexy. Years later and here I am.

This is a common question, but be careful with cause and effect and biased subsets. Many other boys are dressed up by sisters or try on the mother's clothing, yet never become crossdressers. This Forum is a biased subset. Those who do, may end up here. Not every person who kisses a same sex person as a youngster goes on to be a homosexual. The cause may be genetic and then influenced by the environment. So some, like docrobsherry, may have lived for 50 years without the needed environment for their level of genetic predisposition. Others may have more predisposition and developed it based on their own internal feelings. Gender identity and sexual orientation are not the same, but may both have the same process of genetic and environmental influences. IMHO - your mileage may vary
    Hugs, Ellen

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation It began in my 50's!

I blame it on the hormonal prostate meds they put me on. But, I'll never know for sure-----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I blame it on the hormonal prostate meds they put me on. But, I'll never know for sure-----
    We will probably never know for sure, but I am glad you found this outlet for your great style!
    But consider how many other men were put on same drug, yet are not Sherry or some other outlet of CDing. So what about you made you react differently? Was it just a lower testosterone/higher estrogen levels that were needed to trigger the possibly genetic differences in us predisposed to crossdress?
    Hugs, Ellen

I started at 60 and am way down that "T" spectrum road getting deeper as I go along. My trigger was prostate cancer and the negative side affects of incontinency and impotency. So, this new me is a substitute for what I lost and a discovery of something that may have been there forever just waiting to be ignited.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I started by raiding my sisters undies drawer when about 13, she was two years older, and it just grew and grew. I don't know if this was a trigger but when I was five my mum was getting me dressed for school. I had no clean underpants so my mum made me wear a pair of my sisters knickers. I protested loudly, but when I got home I just kept them on. It is one of the earliest memories I have, funny it should be that one.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    Steph,
    Everytime this question comes up I just hope one member can relate to how my Cding started, so far it just hasn't happened . I've just been reading through some replies in the TS section about GD and I'm beginning to think I should go through my story there.

It happened almost sixty years ago and yet I still live with the gut feeling or inner need 24/7, it should have been laid to rest long ago.

Of course I can't say for sure but when I was about eight my older sister dressed me up in her ballerina outfit and after that I couldn't get enough.
    I put it on when ever no one was around, As I got older I tried to stop quite often but the desire to dress always won.

DAY ONE!
    Attachment 270164
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 12-16-2016 at 10:36 AM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Birth was when I had no choice in the matter!

All I know is that when I was four or five I tried my aunt's skirt, then left it at that for a few years without ever wanting to do it again. When I came into puberty, I tried my mum's pantyhose and shoes a few times, then left it at that again for a few years, not thinking about doing it more. In my early 20s I asked my then girlfriend if I could try on some of her skirts, tights and heels, then I asked again, and again... Needless to say I have been hooked ever since. She would joke in a good way that I really have a thing for them.

I guess I have always been fascinated with skirts and tights and how they make legs look. Maybe I wanted to have some of that for myself.

I happily remember my first experience as if it happened yesterday. At 8 or 9, two older sisters lived next door to us. I went over to play. They were playing "dress up". I watched and was fascinated. They asked me if I'd like to wear something. At first, I declined, but, for some reason, I changed my mind. The first thing I wore were some old nylons and high heels. It was an "alka selzer" moment. They felt so good. I couldn't wait to dress again. Next, came mom's hose. It's progressed over the years to 100%, but all types of hose (pantyhose, nylons and thigh highs) remain # 1. Today started with a black 6 gartered OBG and sheer RHT nylons plus everything else. 👠👗💄

Banned Read only
    Absolutely noting "triggered" me into cross dressing. Opportunity made possible my innate cross dressing nature to be experienced. That's it. I was a cross dresser when I was born. I acted on it when I was about 7

Being an only I have no idea what directed me to try on mom's things the first time. I just remember doing it and feeling so happy. I started at 5 or 6.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Looking back, a combination of scenes from my early childhood involving fem clothes contributed to me wanting more as a teen. There were also scripts from my mother that had something to do with it. But who really knows for sure?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Aspiring Member
    Birth. Sharing a room with a one-year-younger sister for the first ten years (she became a dress-hating tomboy; go figure). Trying on Mom's nylons one time at 5 or 6.