Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What triggered your Crossdressing need?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nothing I can think of sent me on my way.
    Triggered is just a flavor of the month catch word.
    When I hear the word "triggered" I think of some green haired feminist yelling at me.

I really think it started with the little girl down the street, my name sake(First name only). She was playing and pulled her dress over her head, like little girls do. I wanted that dress so i could play like that. Then trying on mom's panties(way too big) at a young age! Wearing panties in puberty. Wearing panties 3-4 times when I was married(wife totally disapproved!) Wife passed away and shortly after the dam broke! What caused it? Who knows? Not even scientists and doctors can tell you for sure!!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    "Crossdressing need"?
    Interesting need.
    Fun-ness while young? For sure.
    Playtime with my sisters was extensive with me being the only boy.
    Compulsion to experiment going for the full look? Yep
    Copying their look that I saw everyday along with the girls at school just enticed me even more.
    A need?
    Opportunities presented (and some created by me) to crossdress as much as I could.
    The conscious decision to go for a complete look without Halloween being an excuse?
    Enjoyable experiences to be shopping for my own female clothes was part of the journey.

Me, I had no sisters just two much older brothers. I can remember playing around with my mothers clothes when I was really young. Then when puberty hit I started playing around with lingerie. Then it just went from there. It just felt normal and like I was satisfying a need (for a lack of a better term) to wear women's clothing.

As others have stated, I was born this way but having 3 older sisters and being exposed to female things on a daily basis is it any wonder that I would just gravitate to wearing the trappings of womanhood.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    It was just that mysterious lure of the forbidden contents of my mother's bra drawer.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

No trigger for me. I was born this way.🌺

No trigger for me either. I was born this way and in a time that was you have to be a man. Strange time to be different. However I was different.
    Part Time Girl

The sun raise, !

Can't say there was a trigger. For almost as long as I can remember, I have had an affinity for a feminine things. Sure, at puberty another dimension to it came storming in, but the desire was there well before that point. I can remember wanting to use mom's hair dryer (the desktop model with hose and bonnet) when I was maybe 5 or 6. Nail polish about that time too. Since that time, the feeling that comes with dressing has never gone away.

Not really a trigger but at around 5 I invented a game called pretend I am a girl. No sisters so asked my mother to put a ribbon in my hair, played the game often for the next few years. I even had a name. Always wonder what would have happened if I had an older sister, presuming I would have asked to put on one of her dresses. We moved countries and I stopped playing the game I guess.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I was born
    Age of 4, my sisters clothes just felt right for me
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Hello ladies thanks for the replies. I'm sorry if some of these questions are a little predictable and old for those longtime members.

However it appears that most feel it started at birth and at around 4 or 5 it manifests itself. So is it just the way the DNA goes together. Being a CD is like have blue eyes or red hair.

I occasionally agree with the past life theory. I have a huge fascination with 50's fashions. I was thinking multiple lives as a girl, getting more girly each time, then next life as a boy and some of the girly feelings holdover. Also multiple lives as a boy gets you the manly man.

Don't take me too seriously just my way of looking for answers.

I remember being a little, little, boy wondering what it would like to wear panties and have long hair, although my hair was long enough for the day. I remember "tucking" at age six or seven in bed with tightly squeezed legs. By 11 or 12, I was borrowing my sister's panties for short periods, and by sixteen, wearing her panties under my jeans at times. I, like what appears to be the majority, had some female identification and pull when young.

I don't think that I had a real trigger, I remember looking at the catalogs like Sears and Penneys and wishing that I could wear some of those clothes. Also I remember looking at Playboys at my friends house and wishing that I could look like that.

When you're a kid you don't know who or what you are. You figure you're just a kid.

Looking back on childhood I must have been effeminate, even pretty as a boy. I recall many men in my dad's circle (mostly miners, mill workers, etc.) mocking me about being pretty and being a sissy. So, a sissy I must have been. A sissy-boy is what I was, and I figure I was genetically programmed or predisposed to this in some manner. I don't think of that life condition as being a trigger; just a background condition.

One thing I vividly recall from small childhood was an attraction to Mom's MAKE UP. Reading the forum I get the idea that panties were the gateway item for most men, but for me I think it was makeup and face paint. Panties and girls clothing came later, almost in my teens. Loved the look that make up added to my already soft, boyish, apparently effeminate look as a lad. I recall being 'caught' at least once by Mom [surprisingly with no strong or scolding repercussions!]; and often she "knew" because of how her stuff was disturbed. And of course, make up didn't require that I fit into Mom's or my sister's sizes, and was readily available

The other thing I believe was steering me was HAIR. I was a child in the 50s and 60s, and long before The Beatles made long hair popular I begged for long hair. I hated the way dad (and the culture) made me wear my hair. I SO MUCH wanted to wear my hair LONG like my sister, and never understood WHY she was allowed to let her hair grow and I could not. Nearly every Haircut was cause for crying, for a fit, for a fight (sometimes physical force used to subdue the hair cut victim); I would hide, etc. It was awful. A lot of anguish every time for years. It was MY hair and I wanted to wear it the way I wanted. In my mind's eye, from my earliest days, I saw myself in long hair, and had no way of explaining that to my parents.

NOW...... my recent re-awakening came as the result of LEGGINGS. I bought some legging tights for bike riding on cold days. Loved them. Knew I would. The Spirit of Ilene, somewhat dormant for years, awoke. Next thing I knew I was wearing panties too (again). And then the Fatal Day when I crossed the threshold and bought my first very own personal dress (about 6 months ago).
    Hasn't been the same since..... thank God.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-09-2016 at 01:36 PM. Reason: don't bypass the word filter
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

It was the same for me. Growing up I struggled with being a man, but I never truly identified myself as wanting to be female until later in life.

No trigger for me. I took to dressing like I did to walking, bike riding, and football in the park. The calling has always been there, and I would dress as often as I could and not get caught. While I understood that it would not be accepted, I wasn't born with the ability to shut down the desire to dress. Over the decades I have learned to adapt and accept myself and dressing.

This is the age old question of nature versus nurture and it is what drew me to this site. Answer is, I don't know. I can imagine that there are or were truly millions of young boys who were exposed to lingerie in their early years and perhaps there were close to the same number who may have tried on an item of lingerie. However, it seems as if only a small fraction of us kept on wearing the lingerie - or any other female garments. Personally, I have always been interested in trying to figure out why I am different and why do I crossdress. Am I alone or perverted in some way? That's why I came to this site to read about the stories of others to hopefully affirm my "normalcy". Well, I guess I am a "normal" crossdresser but I am still no closer to the answer as to why I continue to be drawn to crossdressing after many years and no closer to knowing why I started except for the fact that when I was young, putting on a pair of panties was a tremendous sexual rush.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have 3 older brothers and my Mom said she was hoping for a girl when I was born.
    That is irrelevant of course but I always felt different as far back as I can remember.
    I always played with the girls in the neighborhood and very few boys because I thought they were gross.
    I do have an older brother who is gay too but we never talk about being gay just regular life stuff.
    Some relate it to a piece of clothing their Mother or Sister had which sounds odd to me but hey if that is how it was for you then OK.

Looking back, I never had the stories of others while growing up. I did not play with dolls, or hang out with the girls instead of the guys. However I always had troubled fitting in the male world. It was later in life that I felt I would be happier as a female and dressing as a female.

I grew up in a time when women wore black high heels and red lipstick. I was mesmerized any time I saw a woman in public, or a teacher in school, take out a compact and touch up her lips. And the tap-tap-tap of high heels turned my head to look every single time I heard it.

Then one day I entered my mother's closet. A bit later, I was wearing her yellow silk evening dress, her black patent pumps with three-inch heels, and her Revlon lipstick. My world would never be the same.

Whew I love when this question comes up. I see that there are so many similarities as to when the crossdressing curiosity first occurs and some similar stories as to were it evolves to. But the answer as to why??? it occurs to me still the great unknown (at least for me).

I have pondered this question for may years without finding any good reasons. The best I can do is just accept that I have this desire without finding a "reason or cause"

Thanks for all that share there thoughts and experiences here.

I wonder if a question that asks: How many times have you thought to yourself 'why do I have this desire to crossdress?' could be answered?

For me the answer is .......... as many times as there is stars in the sky... or maybe I would answer I can't count that high
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I grew up in a world of women, with my mother and two gorgeous older sisters forever dressing up and glamorizing themselves. My mother, and sisters too, once they became teens, never left the house without the perfect outfit and full makeup. I always knew I was a bit different, not who a young boy was supposed to be... awkward from day one, hated sports, etc.. But when 14 and quite alone, in a moment of rare clarity I realized I too could do what they did. When I did, when I first put on my mother's clothes and pressed her lipstick to my lips for the first time, I came to be. No longer an awkward teen boy, but a newfound ingenue. It was a glorious and frightening day.

But to specifically answer the "What triggered your crossdressing need" question, I'd have to say watching my insanely gorgeous older sister putting on her lipstick. Like that song from A Chorus Line, I realized I could do that!
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've seen a lot of answers that say 'I was born that way'. I suppose in reality we all were. But somewhere, around 5-6 seems to be common, there is that first incident, not so much a 'trigger' of 'Oh, I like girls clothes', maybe it's more a case of finding somethings that says, yes this feels right, and you know you want more. It then takes whatever amount of time to fully manifest iself after that incident, 2 years or 20 years . Just my two pennies worth.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....