Thread: Wardrobe malfunctions?

Wardrobe malfunctions?

I've been here several years and if there's one topic I've not seen expanded on before, it's wardrobe malfunctions....you know, the broken high heel, wig gone flying, zipper stuck while using a restroom...you know, THOSE things -and I know the lot of us MUST have SOME stories to share.

This year, I've had not one but two....yes, two! The first was getting out of my car in PDX for a night out with a few friends. Wearing a well-worn Rago 1294 OBG and non-stretch Berkshire stockings, as I lean/twist out of the car....I feel a rear garter pops loose. Get out and very subtly reach back to refasten the stocking to the garter and lo and behold....the garter and the little strap sewn to the girdle has come off -at the girdle! I survived the night by rearranging the other two garters (side garter pointing further to the back, front garter more towards my inner thigh) and the fact that I was wearing a longish dress which covered my obviously drooping stocking top.

Second was a bra I bought for a dress that is sheer above the bust line, thus requiring a strapless bra. I ordered a longline strapless which seemed to fit perfectly and I soon found -after an hour of wearing the ensemble- that my forms would slip down INTO the bra...the cups would 'bow' a bit when I sat down or otherwise placed my arms forward (as in a dinner table) and the forms would gradually slip down into the bra itself instead of staying in the cups, requiring regular (and as sly as possible) reaches into the cups from the top of the dress to pull the forms back up into their proper place. One night and never again that bra!

Okay, your turns!
    Hugs
    Helen

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I had two wardrobe malfunctions as well. The strap on my wedges gave way while exploring downtown Victoria during spring vacation. I had my back up pair of 5" heels (really is 3" ith the hidden platform). The other time happened during the Dolly Parton concert. Due to the combination of lack of elbow room and the tacky grip of the seats my dress zipper split open in the middle three times. I was able to slyly fix it the first two times but the third time wasn't able to. I had a couple of safety pins stored in my purse in which I used to tack the dress so it would not fall down and then slipped on my light coat. It didn't hamper me from dancing the rest of the concert.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I had one recently not really crazy but I was trying on a dress and as I was taking off my sweater somehow I hooked my wig my arm got caught somehow and I finally manage to take off the sweater wig comes off and an earring goes flying off
    on the floor. I just laughed and thought only a CD could understand.
    Oh and the dress was beautiful but didn't buy it

I had a similar experience with my forms slipping down my long line bra. I was able readjust them, only to have them slip again. When I got home, I pitched it. My solution was to wear only underwire bras including strapless. Problem solved. I love the feel of underwires including the bending over and "scooping". I, too, have Rago OBG and garter belt. Occasionally, for some reason, one of the garters, usually the front ones, will come undone. With slacks, I usually let it be. For me, these experiences help me move another step closer to the feminine world. Nothing like "been there...done that".

One that sticks in my mind happened several years ago. I was on my way with my GW friend to attend a special function for a well-known vocal group. We had walked a few blocks on sort of cobble stone sidewalks. As I started up the steps to enter the function one of my heels broke. So, for the entire time I was at the function I was stocking-footed. I met many people for the first time but every one was too polite to say anything about my not wearing shoes.

After the function was over my friend and I left to go to a local bar that she wanted to visit. Luckily, I had a pair of flats in my car. I had to walk several blocks in my stocking feet to get to my car. Of course, the feet of my nylons were shot by that time but I put on my flats and joined my friend and another of her friends at the bar.
    Hugs, Carole

I was at a Xmas party. A couple of friends came into the hall and I went to say hello and my skirt fell to my ankles. OOps

I was wearing a bra under my t-shirt, the bra was one that you could remove the straps and make it a half bra. I didn't realize the strap at the front disconnected and the strap was hanging below my shirt at the back. My wife noticed it and asked me what was that pink thing hanging out of my shirt. We were in a mall and I don't know when it disconnected and it was pretty busy, so let's just say it made for an interesting view from the back.

Silver Member
    Years ago I went to an event with my wife and several women friends. I had on a bra and a camisole under a fairly sheer shirt. With the dancing and all one of my camisole's straps kept slipping off my shoulder. I would just reach up and pull it back into place. Well, one of the women recognized the move and said, do you have a strap that is slipping? I assume that she could see the outlines of my lingerie under the shirt. I reached in and adjusted the strap while she watched.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wow you ladies have had some winners.
    Can't say I ever had a malfunction with clothing. It may happen at some time in the furure however.

More of a breakdown than malfunction when the right side bone from my corset came up through the top and dug into my skin. I kept trying to push it back down and into place but after a few hours I gave up and folded some tissue over it to soften the blow.

Garter strap coming loose has to be the number one grrr for me. So hard to find garter belts with good strong metal clasps. Temporary nails coming loose is definitely number two. And refastening a garter strap with long nails on is an exercise in maddening frustration. I guess runs in my stockings would be #3, especially when caused by a bracelet snagging them while I'm sitting. Another frequent problem for me, I don't have pierced ears so I buy little clip-on adapters but they come off way too easy. Other pet peeves are heels that don't have good arch support, bras that don't keep everything (including themselves) in place like they should, cheap zippers and costume jewelry that tarnishes.

Does your water-balloon-breast bursting open and drenching you in two quarts of water count as a wardrobe malfunction?

Quote Originally Posted by Petra1 View Post
    Does your water-balloon-breast bursting open and drenching you in two quarts of water count as a wardrobe malfunction?
    Winner thus far!
    LOL!!!!!!!

I cut off the tights to make opaque or patterned thigh highs, and since the shorter ones pull a garter belt down, and I have to make it so tight it isn't enjoyable, I turn to sock glue, using Elmers' kid washable glue. Works really well for feeling light, holds and washes off instantly when its time to undress.

Had the glue fail while on a museum visit, and another time while on transit- and with every move the top hems inch down and .....had to move fast and locate an out of the way spot to lift my skirt and reapply the glue [I keep a glue stick in my clutch]- But I take it with good humor- the mechanics of dressing are what they are!
    We are all beautiful...!

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I thought last week after seeing the therapist that I would take her advice and go out in 50/50 mode.... wearing women's flats, a red satin blouse and gray women's trousers. As I got about 300 yards from the car headed to the pharmacy, I felt a draft at my back and realized the pants were falling down, exposing the lace waistband of my panties. The rest of the walk, I had to hold them up by hand. Lesson learned- walk in new pants while trying them on!

With me the elastic on a long skirt gave away at a dance one night.

Back in those days a slip was all the fashion so I danced in this pastel blue slip for part of the evening.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Does falling off the bed in my hotel room and snapping the heel off my brand new gorgeous shoes count? Now before anyone gets any ideas, I was simply trying to show a Girlfriend my new shoes on my webcam and couldn't get the cam to point to the floor so climbed on the bed... I call it my DB moment!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I have always loved long stockings with the lacy elastic stay-up band without garters. However I learned the hard way that they do have a life span. I was at the mall one day and it was pretty crowded and I was moving along with the masses when I felt the left stocking band somehow decide to roll over and start to slide down my thigh. I tried to take slower and smaller steps with the hope of getting to the ladies room to fix it. That didn't happen. In short order the stocking had completely gathered down around my ankle. A few people chuckled and I ducked in to a store and found an empty aisle that allowed me to hike it back up enough until I got to the sanctuary of the ladies room. I use garters now when I want that shear stocking look for evening wear.