Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man in a dress or the inside woman?

Man in a dress or the inside woman?

A subject the bothers me in the last day (after another meeting with my wife).
    When you get dressed, are you "A man in a dress", the same as you are all the time only in a different cloths (and a wig, breast, make up....) or do you become "The Inside woman" that hides in our every day life?
    I am sure that it different for each one and that there are even more "ways" to be then just those two.
    So, let's hear you - what is it for you?

I tend to be a man in a dress with my wife, I do walk like a girl etc. But I make no attempt at a fem voice, it would be too much I think, she is good with me being dressed around her, I don't want to push my luck.

Banned Read only
    I'm a dude 24/7. I happen to dress like a woman from time to time but my brain doesn't change. I don't have an "inner" woman. I do have an inner cross dresser.

Same for me, I am just a guy, that prefers to dress in women's clothes.
    I really prefer my looks when dressed in women's clothes.

Really dont like the way I look as a guy,

but inside I am still the same person, all guy
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

This has been gone over in other threads but I wonder if she is trying to ask if you are transsexual and feel you are a woman at all times and hide that fact from others.
    I remain a man inside, but I do try, when dressed, to look feminine, act feminine, think more about society expects a woman to say or not say, as understood by an observant man.
    Hard to say how my social interactions are doing, as I have only been with others at Tiffany Club once. Wife does not want to see or know about Ellen.
    Hugs, Ellen

Aspiring Member
    I am a Male attracted to Female clothing, I am not pretending to be a Woman nor do I want to be one.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Im a Man in a dress But when i put on the dress i want to look the part even though i dont look it in my minds eye i see me

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I was born male but nothing about me is male

The only thing that changes for me is my outside presentation.

Aspiring Member
    I am with the majority, dude in a dress.
    Sara

Definitely a man in a dress; there is no inner woman in me. I don't try to embrace feminine manners, voice, apply make-up, or attempt at specific walk in heels either. And as I have said elsewhere, even if I were given a complete makeover I would have trouble identifying as a woman. For me it's only the clothes. I would really love to wear them in my everyday life.

I love wearing bras though (38B), but that's as close to a feminine figure as I get. Other than that, the only thing that changes is that I either cross my legs or keep them close because of skirts and dresses, I never do that when I wear my ordinary clothes.

For me its the woman in me getting to come out

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I am also a man in a dress, although I want to look as femme as possible I never lose sight of the fact I am male. However, I would spend far more time than I do dressed if I could, even weeks at a time. As I get older the desire to dress seems to be getting stronger, which I find a little puzzling.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Aspiring Member
    I guess I'm an outlier on this topic. I'm an androgynous person dressed the way I prefer. If it's one or the other (because few societies accept in-betweens), I prefer the female side; always have. So "man in a dress" doesn't describe my self-view or internal sense at all. My living situation is outwardly cis-appearing because I love the female person who married me knowing about my conflicts from Day One and still has never flinched about it after 15 years, because our economic and social circumstances allow few alternatives at our advanced ages, because I'm a grownup capable of patience and discretion, and because I know all too well what a minefield transitioned life can be.

When I'm presenting as male, that's the mask for me. "Man", applied to me, makes me cringe every time.

For me, it's very much a case of becoming a woman so far as is practicably possible, to the point that a therapist who knows both of us told me that it was like two different people. It's a complete "getting into the role". The guy is off doing something else. That's just how it is for me.
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People

Banned Read only
    Just a man in a dress.

Put another notch in my lipstick case for "man in a dress". I have little interest in pretending to be or look like a woman. I just want to wear the clothes. But I will try anything once.

It's a combination of both. Physically, a man in a dress, but then on the inside i feel, and want to feel, much more feminine. It's a strange, and very confusing state of mind.

Read my Signature line.

Yes, I'm a man in a dress. I rationally know I am a man, not a physical genetic woman. I'm NOT a woman and can't BE a woman. I don't wish to be a woman. I've observed the life cycles of real human females through my mother, wife and daughters, and gained tremendous wisdom and insight by it. The real lives of real women are far more tough than looking pretty; which is the piece of womanhood I grab for myself.

BUT......
    There is a force inside me; an inner voice. It's distinctly female but it's MY voice. I don't believe myself disturbed, schizophrenic or otherwise mentally ill either. It's not a separate being living within me. It's not a woman trapped in my man's body. I never had a separate female name for my inner femme being until I needed one on the Forum. It's Me.
    And it's amazing how and when she - this spirit within me - moves me and even serves me. [I've been in a handful of life threatening, near death situations and almost every time the hand and voice that guided me was Her. It would take a lot of beers and time to relate the many sea stories and comical anecdotes of when my inner "Woman" took charge.

Something animates my desire to assume a female form and I know its internal. If I knew the source of it, I'd crack the code to my attraction to women's clothing. Like many of you, I find it quite difficult to adequately relate that sense of inner woman and how it feels; yet I know "she" exists
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I do not believe I have two people inside me - love the cloths but they do not change the persin

There is no woman inside me, Im a man, no More no less, allso when i've stuffed myself in to a dress, heels, makeup, wig and what have you. I dont have a shift in interest when I dress, I still order parts for my car or motorcycle, or read a book about WWII.

I have, since i was a kid, allways been facinated by women and their beauty and Grace and their fashion. In fact Im so facinated by it all that i want to try it for my self, or play along if you will. And I Find the transformation facinating and liberating.

But I just dont know why it has such a huge impact on my mood and general wellbeing, when Im deprived from dressing up for a longer period of time. But I like it, I think it's Great fun.

They say that imitation is the biggest compliment. So I guess in a sense Im trying show my great appresiation of woman. However I know that unfortunatly, to some, it can come across as a mocking of women, wich is sad because thats the last thing I would ever want to do.

Louise.

Silver Member
    When I am dressed, I am ME i n my fullest, most complete form. I am not fully at peace unless both sides of me are allowed to participate in my life. In my day, I was given a full helping get of male privilege and, quite frankly, a part of me enjoys it. Now, though, when I have a chance to express my femininity, I get a feeling that the life force of the universe is permitted to flow through me and nourish me. When I'm in male mode, that life force flows around me rather than through me and I feel more isolated.
    Last edited by suzanne; 12-11-2016 at 04:12 AM.

I am a practical woman who understands that I was born male. I am good at what I do and good at being a man but I have always felt like that is a role I have had to play my whole life. My particular brand of transgender dsyphoria is not severe enough to drive a transition or worse.

I do not have an "inner woman" - I am just a man with breasts who likes to wear bras and panties.

I too fall into the dude in a dress category. While when dressed I do try to emulate a woman, mannerisms and the like. My brain still retains all my male factors such as situational awareness. And at 6'1" 240 pounds it is tough to disguise the fact that I am a dude in a dress.