Thread: What's with all the CD'ing in K-pop?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

What's with all the CD'ing in K-pop?

I was aware of a bit of that going on with this, but not to this extent, after recently looking into it a bit more.

I couldn't imagine something like this happening in the US, for example...

(Those are GG's at first. The guys come on stage about 1:30 in...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVTtCSMdIgg

I can't see it happening here either but then again stranger things have happened I liked it and at least they did it right, looked gorgeous, and didn't make a mockery out of it as most guys doing drag or Cding do especially for TV or Movies.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Laurababe, have you heard about the band Versailles? A part of the so-called visual-kei movement. If you don't know what it means, just look at the picture below. That's Hizaki, guitarist of the band.

But it's not only a japanese thing; there is an idol band in China called Alice Weiniang, an all-guy cosplay group who dress as women and perform. Check their video.

I too don't see it happening here in Europe either. There were however several drag performances in various talent show, but that didn't end very well...
    bdcf775e164d082f5f35eece55cd0de3.jpg
    Last edited by Lucy23; 12-13-2016 at 07:49 PM.

From what little I've seen of K Pop, I'd say the boys are quite androgynous to begin with, seems like the kids who are into K Pop like that aspect of it. I've seen several videos on Youtube of K Pop boys dressed as girls, so it's apparently is part an approved of the scene.

There was also a girl group from South Korea called Lady that was all post-op transexual women.

My name is Carol.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    The Japanese seem to love cosplay and crossdressing more than most cultures, but I think it's very much a thing for young people. Basically they are an ultra conservative and conventional people, but elaborate costumes and stylised make-up have always been part of their culture. I may be wrong but I think Koreans are copying the trends rather than originating them.

Thanks for the links, ladies (or should I say Lynx Ladies). Sadly the choreography in all these videos is very poor- far more could be made of these beautiful creatures.

I seem to be in a minority in this forum, preferring androgynous looks to full-on hourglass femininity, so Japanese figures appeal strongly to me. I hope to go there one day.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The first video is just a prerecorded soundtrack and the girls are doing a bad job of lip syncing.
    Probably not their vocals anyway.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-14-2016 at 01:02 PM.

The weirdest thing is the music is aimed at little girls aged 7 to thirteen and their Mums who pay for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hell-o Laura,
    If I'm up late doing something around the house I'll leave Kpop
    on the TV. It's just something different to listen to.
    Up to a out a week ago, I really had no idea of the amount of CDing
    that was going on in the videos on the show.

Here's a litte test I found for those who might be unfamiliar with Kpop.
    https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...mob-MF003&tt=b
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!