Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do?

Usually shopping in the supermarket.

This takes your concentration away from those around you.

Self serve checkouts are a boon if you don't want to make conversation.

I often shop with just a smile of acknowledgement to other women.

Shopping for clothing is just as easy you don't have to say much, just hand the money over.

Forget credit cards, you could get busted.

Loyalty cards are in my femme name.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley090 View Post
    I guess it depends on how much courage you have to do some stuff. I mean if you have no problem interact with ppl and be out and about then you have dozen of options what to do. Otherwise your most "go to" activity will be trying get some courage and "go to" out of freaking door of your place, fighting your fear, as I do
    Javik. The truth is that the fear in your own head has built the barrier. Get out of your head! We were all there but what you can take from this thread is that it can be done and "courage" is not needed, only desire.

So, how do you get out of your own head? You must adopt a "I don't give a f@$k what the normals think" attitude. Cross dressing is not illegal. Cross dressing hurts no one.

By by the way, there is another member here from Praha. Reach out to her.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 12-15-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Interesting discussion, thanks ladies!

Quick story. Went out last night to a favorite restaurant, meeting a TG friend of mine for dinner. I get there much earlier, principally to enjoy a glass of wine and sit at the bar to chat up the bartender (a friend). So I'm sitting there in my sweater dress and leggings enjoying myself. The place was sort of empty when I got there. Over time patrons began filling up the place and I look down the bar and it is filled with mostly men, mostly laborers. No one paid me a bit of attention. The wine was wonderful, my friend delightful!

Later my dinner friend and I are finishing up and the restaurant owner (a local football hero) comes over to thank us for the business. We exchange bone crushing handshakes. A few weeks back I had seen the local high school team in a playoff football game (the owner's name is on the team pressbox) and we proceed to discuss the game and the team's subsequent loss. He thanks us profusely for the business. Again, sitting there in a sweater dress and looking pretty cute, if I must say so myself.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Such a great story Kandi, I just continue to be amazed at the ease you have with going out and just being you
    Thanks
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-16-2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

Leigh,

It only took about 50 years to get there!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Hello. My crossdress desires comes and goes. In the past when in the mood I would go out for meals and lots of shopping. An expensive hobby :-). Now I'm retired and drive for Uber part time. I'm currently "in the mood" to dress and drive dressed in 2" heeled boots, shapeware, blouse,slacks, fem sweater and a nice scarf. This time it's been a lot less expensive.

This year I have done all my Christmas shopping dressed. This is also the first year I enjoyed Christmas shopping. I like grocery shopping, and going to Barnes & Noble to get a coffee and read. I am pretty sure that sitting there with my legs crossed being quiet I pass quite well. My absolute favorite is my local Victoria Secret, the ladies there are super nice and when dressed I don't feel awkward about digging through the drawers. I was standing in line 2 days ago (not all the shopping was for gifts) and there was a man trying to exchange an item, he kept looking back at all the girls in line and apologizing. I am pretty sure it was for him because I have felt the exact same way. Dressed I blended in, chatted with the sales girl paid for my items and left without any awkward drama.

Good question Kandi. I have been out about 25 times and for me its the pinnacle. I have been out for dinner, clubbing, to a Lippy Lesbian bar, to bars, to dives such as Divas in San Fran, to all night restaurants, to late night creperies, sometimes all of the above on one night . I have shopped in a large shopping centre, walked around Sydney and San Francisco, had coffee with a friend and been out in large groups of girls.. for me the most special moment is the tingling I get all over as I step outside the door each and every time. The feel of the breeze on my legs, the touch of my hair on my shoulders, the tightness of my bra strap, the feel of my heels clicking on concrete, the pull of my handbag on my shoulder and the touch of my skirt or dress on my legs and the joy of been seen but not noticed.... I need to get out again!!!
    Last edited by Becky Blue; 12-16-2016 at 08:12 AM.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I don't care for bars and clubs (been there, done that).
    I like to shop, big surprise isn't it? We go to the mall, the movies, dinner or travel somewhere whether it's for the weekend or a vacation.
    A few years ago we took a "girls only" vacation and toured New England for a week. We went to the parks, Ben and Jerry's headquarters, the Vermont Marble Museum and lots of other touristy places. We ate in all types of restaurants and just did the tourist thing. It was wonderful.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I love to go to clubs, especially where crossdressers are accepted. Last night I went to a gay bar, that is "straight friendly" I was the only person dressed as a female, but all of the clients there were open to my presence. I had several glasses of wine and some good conversation. I do like to shop while dressed, but I do not want to inadvertantly encounter someone who might recognize me. One of my favorite experiences while shopping is trying on shoes.
    Love, Sabrina

Just to the mail box and maybe a drive around the block. I'm probably 20' passable in a silent movie (working on the voice thing...I've got zero voice talent so it will take a long time...and if I dropped 10-15lbs I'd probably be good to 15'). I'm not to the point where I have to nerve to go anywhere that has people by myself

Speaking of which...I nearly got bus-ted tonight...closest I've come since the "cop following incident"....

I was going to make it my "drive around the neighborhood" night. Put a LOT of effort into an "ordinary just coming home from the office xmas party" look. Even tried the new wig after learning to sew clips into it (it stays PUT)

I was just getting ready to step out when my neighbor pulled in, plopped down on his couch, and turned on the TV (he stays up late)...and his window looks overlooks the whole street.

Drat...needless to say, I was done for the night. I actually said "oh poo" and stomped my foot.

It's something I'm going to have to deal with at some point. I feel like I've reached the limit of where I can go with this boundry I've put on myself. Besides...I've got a LOT of nice stuff (far more than guy stuff), and it's a shame to leave it all hang in the closets.
    Last edited by Rachel Anne; 12-17-2016 at 01:21 AM.

Well Iv never been out yet so I have no idea!

But... Im going to break my duck soon. I have booked an evening out + BnB with these guys: https://translife.uk/translife-dress...mpanied-trips/

I wont spoil it and say when it is exactly... just first quarter of 2017 should suffice

If I remember I will come back to this thread and say what I liked best!

I go to church, have been to diners and restaurants, had my taxes done and have gone shopping and to malls. Even been to work dressed on Halloween a few times.
    Pretty much everything I could do in drab.

I have been to lunch in a chain restaurant and to several clubs. Other than that a couple of walks in town alone. Not really ready for prime time because of my height and build, can you say NFL linebacker. All the clubs were gay clubs.