Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facial hair - curious

This has been a fascinating thread and thanks for so many responses, the general theme seems to be that those of you with facial hair love it and in many cases your SO and family like it too and as such its not a problem to dress and feel great. It seems that very few people go out dressed with facial hair.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Just to recognize that women strugggle with facial hair, usually not enough to make work- but seriously, if the world can make room for these women, it can make room for us.
    http://aplus.com/a/bearded-ladies-rocked?
    We are all beautiful...!

It's too much work to clean shave daily for the sake of adding 1% more femininity to yourself. I say 1% because it's 50/50 between men with and without facial hair so it's not like you are shaving your manhood off your face.

it's also the reason I don't shave my legs anymore, takes like a good hour.

Now if I were to go full femme in public I would do everything in my power to hide the male so that I blend,

But when solo, I sometimes even put on a wig with lipstick with a beard, It looks weird at first but you get used to it eventually,

Stumbled upon this. "Hot Men With Beards in Women's Clothing."

https://www.facebook.com/Hot-Men-Wit...6032128845899/

Quote Originally Posted by redtea View Post
    It's too much work to clean shave daily for the sake of adding 1% more femininity to yourself. I say 1% because it's 50/50 between men with and without facial hair so it's not like you are shaving your manhood off your face.

it's also the reason I don't shave my legs anymore, takes like a good hour.

Now if I were to go full femme in public I would do everything in my power to hide the male so that I blend,

But when solo, I sometimes even put on a wig with lipstick with a beard, It looks weird at first but you get used to it eventually,
    Really? I know that shaving is a bit of a chore but shaving every day is no great hardship. As for it contributing only 1% to feminity, your logic is rather faulty.
    Firstly, the percentage of men who do or do not sport facial hair is irrelevant to whether loosing the facial hair enhances a crossdresser's feminine presentation. It's not men whom we emulate but women. The vast, vast majority of women do not possess any noticeable facial hair and those who do tend to be very conscious of it and do their utmost to eliminate it!
    Secondly, the proportion of men who sport facial hair varies between cultures. In countries where beards are part of the cultural norm, the proportion will be much closer to 90%. In places like the UK & Ireland, the proportion will vary between 90% and 10% depending in the locality!

Personally I think sporting facial hair or not comes down to why one dresses in the first place.

I crossdress because I enjoy the wearing the clothes whereas others here crossdress to become feminine and present as a woman. For the latter I can see that having facial hair is a complete anathema but for me it is not an issue. Perhaps if I were to go down the route of a wig and make-up then the situation might be different but until then (if ever) I will keep my beard.

Is it possible that men with facial hair are just crossdressing and not emulating women?

I think so Billy.

Perhaps I'm the odd one out here but I'm not sure I am trying to emulate a woman when I'm dressed - I don't think even without my facial hair I would be at all convincing.

If you had features that would allow you to pass, would you want to?

To be completely honest Billy I have no idea.

Perhaps if I was able to transform myself into a presentable woman then I might think differently. But having to work with what I have now makes that extremely difficult so I'm content with the ways things are.

The length of my full beard is a sign when I was last out en femme in public (as I shave when I get ready for my outing)

I do dress in-between just for myself and then I don't shave.

For the discussion on masculinity:
    For FtM adding a beard is one of their main ways to express their transformation.

Monika, I think that you nailed it in one with your last sentence!

What about people like Jacob Tobia, who "crossdresses" but also has very visible facial hair? I don't know Jacob personally, but from what I've read about them, I gather that they don't shave because it's part of who they are.

I could never go out in public with 5 o clock shadow or without shaving.

Monika, I think your post is 'nail on head' when you are dressing for yourself its only relevant how you see yourself.

Mirya, Jacob Tobia is a genderqueer advocate he is deliberately blurring gender lines.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Junior Member pantyhoselvr kendra's Avatar
    I have a beard and mustache in the winter only because i work outdoors and helps keep my face warm

My attitude is what ever makes you feel good/comfortable. For me I'll not shave for a few days and enjoy the manliness in the scratchy beard for a few days and the I'll shave for a dressing session. I think I get a closer shave after skipping a few days. When I dress it is usually about blending and passing as much as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I have a mustache and goatee, I love my man look, but I do love my woman look too, it's a tough fence to ride. I do occasionally shave it all off, and take advantage of those times to really doll up with make up. I do know I love who I am, but also love who can be in private. I may end up shaving and just keeping it off,

My hair is fairly long (see "beauty" thread) and I always make sure that my face is clean shaven. I've also started laser treatments to get rid of my beard once and for all. I really like the overall result. For me, to be feminine means no facial hair.

Non-binary/Questioning
    I've had a beard for 30 years or more at this point. I wear it for several reasons, including that it's easier to keep it than to shave it and I think the shape of my face is better with it than without.

I wear female clothing because I identify as non-binary and it helps me express that aspect of myself. If I had the kind of face that could pass as female, I'd probably chop the beard off and try doing makeup and whatnot. But, since I don't, I don't. That said, I'd also be perfectly happy if wearing a beard and a dress was socially acceptable.

I know people are going to find this hard to believe, but I swear honest truth that I posted this thread on Dec 14 out of curiosity based on some posts here. Until then baring a fancy dress party I had never seen a bearded person in a dress. Since then 14 days later i saw a man with mostly shaved hair a well kept beard and moustache in a red dress outside a Cinema Complex (see my other post). Would you now believe that this morning whilst parking my car a young guy in a blue dress and a longish beard walked right past me. That is two different people in the space of 2 weeks, what is going on!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Do you recall what the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy had to say about "careless talk"? Look what you've started!

I know Judith, its my fault i have triggered some kind of special force
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    I know Judith, its my fault i have triggered some kind of special force
    Thanks! Keep doing what you are doing!!!

I for one have been propelled along my path quite nicely, and I hope we all are seeing more light in the forest now!
    Last edited by phili; 01-10-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    We are all beautiful...!

IF I were to shave my beard off I could easily pass but my beard is beautiful, I get many compliments on it so- for now- I will keep it.