Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Facial hair - curious

I have almost a year long goatee, it drives my wife nuts. I told her the quickest way to get rid of it is to invited my gurl self out on a date

I had varying beard styles for a few years, but when I accepted that getting all dolled up was a part of me I shaved it all off (actually everything except the hair on top of my head + eyebrows lol) and didn't look back. Having facial hair would kill the whole experience for me

Check out Conchita Wurst, the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest winner.
    As for me, I haven't shaved my mustache since 1972. It would be an international incident. Cross-dressing was sporadic and closeted for decades. Just not worth losing the mustache for a "1-night stand".
    Now I CD a lot, and go out in public fairly often. I guess that makes me "genderqueer", although I don't like the term, and don't do this as a political statement about freedom to transcend social standards. I just straddle the fence because I have a foot in both camps.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Everyone have different "level" how much they express their feminine side. Some put on skirt or pantyhose and they are happy. Some of us go by "All or nothing" rule. So whatever floats your boat. Another thing,check this out - crossdress. See that? CDing is focused on clothing (or i guess it is). I am not sure if complete change and stepping on other side of mythical border is still considered as crossdressing
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

Ashley, I think the word crossdressing is used more generically and arguably if one puts on makeup and a wig you are crossdressing.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Many men you watch on your television set are wearing make up and, if confronted, would probably argue that they are not cross dressing.

Sadly in Fransisco its as if the women have a big chip on their shoulder they dont want to be objectified by make up( oh how they need it) but honestly the men are emasculated most of the time cant tell the differences of men or women. I am also a licensed cosmetologist and my best client who is 70- he is not a cross dresser. He gets a spray tan and uses a little foundation and dyes his hair at the notice of a gray and a mani pedis (clear matte). He has to project youth for his job, he said his ideas are important yet people would think he was old or stale if he projected that image. I see several trends with both sexes, there is a National Geographic about young peoples gender identity. But, older people want to stay relevant by looking young. If there are too many men (SF) women and men morph into a gender blob. no fun no glitter no hair.Make up is a tool for everyone.

Aspiring Member
    I had a beard and moustache for about 25 years. It didn't bother me that much when my CDing was confined to staying indoors. I don't spend my whole time looking in the mirror, so as I can't see my own face, it didn't bother me.

I first stared venturing outside in the winter, and I got away with it by wrapping a scarf around my face to cover the hair. It wasn't enough for me (and there was always the risk that the scarf slipped down), so a couple of years ago I shaved them off.
    Fortunately, I have fairly light coloured hair and my beard doesn't grow extremely quickly, so I don't get the blue shadow that many men get. I wouldn't grow it back now.

I had some sort of facial hair (full beard, goatee, or mustache) for over 30 years. I was kind of talked into shaving it off by my brother and my wife, as it had gone salt and pepper gray. When I shaved, my wife had never seen my face totally shaved since we first met. One of the reasons that I didn't shave it off is the fear of a tornado of pink fog, and that's what happened. But, in retrospect, that was a good thing. With facial hair, I always looked like a man in lingerie, a man in a dress, etc. After shaving, I could look like a girl. The first time I did a makeover transformation, I was shocked at how feminine I could look. It was the beginning of my upward climb to womanhood, including the whole shebang, makeup, forms, wigs, hip pads, etc. It led to my first adventure out, and now I'm out and about with other DC girls about once a month, sometimes in safe environments, and other times fully exposed to the real world.

Now, looking back, having facial hair was locking me in the closet (maybe just a slightly larger one) and keeping me from exploring the whole world.

Just my experience.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 01-19-2017 at 09:49 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I had some sort of facial hair (full beard, goatee, or mustache) for over 30 years. I was kind of talked into shaving it off by my brother and my wife, as it had gone salt and pepper gray. When I shaved, my wife had never seen my face totally shaved sine we first met. One of the reasons that I didn't shave it off is the fear of a tornado of pink fog, and that's what happened. But, in retrospect, that was a good thing. With facial hair, I always looked like a man in lingerie, a man in a dress, etc. After shaving, I could look like a girl. The first time I did a makeover transformation, I was shocked at how feminine I could look. It was the beginning of my upward climb to womanhood, including the whole shebang, makeup, forms, wigs, hip pads, etc. It led to my first adventure out, and now I'm out and about with other DC girls about once a month, sometimes in safe environments, and other times fully exposed to the real world.

Now, looking back, having facial hair was locking me in the closet (maybe just a slightly larger one) and keeping me from exploring the whole world.

Just my experience.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you Steffi at last!!!!! An explanation that I can get my head around. That makes perfect sense, keeping a strong male sign certainly limits ones ability to look really feminine. Perhaps facial hair is in part denial by some.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you Steffi at last!!!!! An explanation that I can get my head around. That makes perfect sense, keeping a strong male sign certainly limits ones ability to look really feminine. Perhaps facial hair is in part denial by some.
    I read the book, "The Second Serve" by Dr. Renee Richards. It is an autobiography about her MtF transition. As a male, (s)he kept his beard as a way of staying male. Shaving "his" beard off was on the path to her transition. Not that you have to transition. I don't plan to. BTW, did you look at my profile pic. I thought I made a pretty hot chic back then when I was all dolled up.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have a beard. After not dressing for some years when I dress it's lingerie and in private for my own relaxation. As I don't dress fully it's never been a concern to me but if i was intending to let others see me or go public I would shave. But after wearing a beard for over 20 years I think it would raise a lot of questions amongst family and friends if I did shave.

I have a goatee. If fits with what I do for work in an image kind of way if that make sense. The more I dress however I am contemplating shaving it off. I've had it so long I wonder if I'll think I look silky with out it. It definitely ruins the dressed image for me and I am tiring on it being ruined. Hope that ma some kind of sense

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I thought I made a pretty hot chic back then when I was all dolled up.
    Love your profile pic Steffi. How long ago was that. We never get much time to chat.
    Are you going to make it to the FEB meetup.

I am not a fan of facial hair with crossdressing but to each their own.

I don't really like the idea of crossdressing with facial hair for me personally, but I admire those who are comfortable enough with the idea to do it. I think it's just because I prefer not to have facial hair in general.

Those of you with facial hair, do you agree with Steffi, that facial hair could be a way of holding you back and not letting the girl out too much?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec