Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facial hair - curious

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Facial hair - curious

This question is directed at those of you who have facial hair and dress. I think each of us should be free to do what they want without being judged. But I am very intrigued by people who crossdress but yet have beards and or mustaches. Having facial hair is a conscious choice that men make and is a very strong signal of manhood. So I am very interested in why you chose do have facial hair but yet like to dress like a woman.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I decided to get rid of my stach when i decided to grow my hair out

I maintain stubble for three reasons. One, my skin reacts badly to regular shaving, two, there are several birthmarks on my neck and where my beard grows which makes shaving cumbersome, and three, my face would otherwise look like a baby's. For me it is a sign of masculinity I intend to keep.

Since I have no desire to present as a woman or as feminine as possible, and only wear women's clothes when I'm home, nothing stops me from maintaining it. I guess it might look strange, but then again, I might as well learn to apply make-up and buy a wig.

Just to recognize that women strugggle with facial hair, usually not enough to make work- but seriously, if the world can make room for these women, it can make room for us.
    http://aplus.com/a/bearded-ladies-rocked?
    We are all beautiful...!

I'm pretty closeted. I only dress in private & have a goatee. I hate that It ruins the look.

Fiona, if it ruins your look why wouldn't you shave it off?
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-14-2016 at 04:10 PM. Reason: no need tro quote post above yours
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Great initial question. I can grow a full beard and mustache in 2 weeks, and have a shag carpet on my chest, legs, arms. I shave my face and only wear clothes that hide all the rest. When I dress I want to look like a woman. That is just my preference.

I have thought about permanent hair removal from my face, and maybe even growing out my hair. In the end, in my case, I am a man, that wants to remain a man, that wants to look like and feel like a woman sometimes.

This forum/community is really helping me sort out my CD self, and plan a way forward.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    First off, I HATE to shave! I don't let it grow beyond 1/4" max. and then knock it down to stubble. Rarely smooth. I'm not out except to my wife who only tolerates and I don't go out. (not because I don't WANT to! ) So I only dress occasionally around her with no make-up as she has asked that I don't. Therefore, why shave for no reason? Under the circumstances, I'm ok with looking decent from the neck down.

When I did have facial hair it was because my SO liked it. Maybe it was also to appear masculine out of fear of being outed? Now days shaving is a daily routine as I don't want even a stuble.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I have a moustache and since I only dress at home with my accepting wife..I have and see no need to shave it off. Sure, when we do my make up and I put on my wigs it may look a bit odd..but who cares. It's just us-I have no desire to venture out. My cross dressing is part of our private lives. I have many breast forms of varying sizes and my wife critiques the look if I ask. Like many men, I like the big boob look and feel..but she prefers my B cups. I model..she gives input. To each their own. I did grow a goatee..and then a beard..it lasted a short time..as it did interfere. The moustache ...well it's part of me.
    My body is smooth but for the stache. My wife says in hose I have killer legs.

Crossdressing is wearing clothing of the opposite sex. A male that decides to wear a skirt, dress, jeans, slacks, or whatever they choose, while foregoing the need to womanize themselves eliminates the time consuming, expensive preparation that is required to transform into a female persona. A man that can wear a dress or skirt while sporting facial hair is freedom and comfort. Unless the goal is to keep gender specific clothing for only women or people that look like women, crossdressing by all people should be encouraged.

Reality Check
    I don't see facial hair as a very strong signal of manhood, a man can certainly be a man and "all man" and still shave and look neat and clean. I often wonder why some older men wear a beard, it just makes them look even older.

I too wonder why someone would dress as a woman but not shave. Especially those who go out in public wearing women's clothes.

I think I can explain why for some of us facial hair is not a barrier to crossdressing- and that is that we can see ourselves as feminine and 'deserving' of the blessings of our feminine clothes, and we can be perky or effusive, or strangely light on our feet, without needing to see breast shapes when we look down. We don't see femaleness as equivalent to femininity, just that females get access to it. So we are claiming access and feeling it all, and wonder if more guys might not want to relieve themselves of the struggle of hiding their beards.

That said, being relieved of facial or body hair means one less thing to manage, and it is doable, unlike reducing the breadth of our shoulders or other aspects of maleness. I'd probably be glad not to have a beard, though it definitely helps break the cold winds. I do have it, so I go with it.

Some earlier mentioned this young wom! an with a beard who went with it and became a model- just to show that cultural stereotypes can be overcome whenever people have reason to agree.
    https://mpasho.co.ke/meet-the-female...holder-photos/
    I think she looks great! but I have a soft spot for beards.

I also find that when I am out people are relieved in a way that I am not trying to confuse their signal processing units cueing for 'female'- I'm just a man who is claiming some feminine space.
    We are all beautiful...!

I can't grow a beard at all. But i do shave my peach-fuzz every week.
    If i could grow one, however, i wouldn't if i'm going to get dressed. Not a fan of that look tbh
    Why grow a beard if i want to look like a woman?

I can't grow much of a beard, and the family don't even like me having a bit of stubble particularly
    Would be nice to get rid completely
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

When I wake up in the morning I get dressed. If I put on womens clothing I get cross dressed. The tactile sensation received from wearing a dress is quite strong. The look is also pretty and feminine.

I know some women who vary the amount of makeup they apply. If they apply none, are they cross makeuping (I made up that word)? No, that was a joke. Makeup has more to do with the look or trying to pass than the feeling you get from it sticking to your skin. But, when you look into a mirror or know you are hiding your appearance from others, the feeling in your brain can be quite strong.

There may be some here who think a man without a daily shave and makeup is disgusting. And if you are trying to look like a woman to others those should probably be done. But, if you are putting on a dress at home and want to skip the makeup, you are doing a disservice to nobody. You aren't hurting their "cause". If you like your facial hair then by all means keep it.

I just want everyone to be happy.

Becky, yes I supose it is puzzeling to many , but have you ever thaught that some of us are in a position where being outed could bring our world crashing down around us and leave us in an impossible place . Some of us are not able to "make a new start" so we have to make the most of what we got. And then again some are just hiding behind thier facial hair because it s safer that way! Many would love to be able to go out and mix , even with other CDrs but its never going to happen. We are all different, even though joined by a common bond, some are free many would dearly love to be free but each of us does what we can, when we can.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather Chasen View Post
    Becky, yes I supose it is puzzeling to many , but have you ever thaught that some of us are in a position where being outed could bring our world crashing down around us and leave us in an impossible place . Some of us are not able to "make a new start" so we have to make the most of what we got. And then again some are just hiding behind thier facial hair because it s safer that way! Many would love to be able to go out and mix , even with other CDrs but its never going to happen. We are all different, even though joined by a common bond, some are free many would dearly love to be free but each of us does what we can, when we can.
    Are you saying that shaving your face would out you as a crossdresser? Are there no men in your part of the world who are clean shaven?

I agree with your statement about being outed causing problems but I can't see how shaving your face every day could possibly out you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Are you saying that shaving your face would out you as a crossdresser? Are there no men in your part of the world who are clean shaven?

I agree with your statement about being outed causing problems but I can't see how shaving your face every day could possibly out you.
    You obviously have never sported facial hair for any length of time. People ALWAYS notice no matter if it's just a stubbly goatee or a full on ZZ Top, and the first words out of their mouth is ALWAYS "Why did you shave?" And if you have a significant other it's even harder to deflect.

But Micki hundreds of millions of men shave every day, I don't think that the vast majority have ever cross dressed. If you are saying it is about shaving suddenly then the people around you would only suspect if they have a reason to surely?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    You obviously have never sported facial hair for any length of time. People ALWAYS notice no matter if it's just a stubbly goatee or a full on ZZ Top, and the first words out of their mouth is ALWAYS "Why did you shave?" And if you have a significant other it's even harder to deflect.
    I have a friend who has sported a moustache for almost as long as I've known him (at least 25 years). One day, several years ago, he decided that he fancied a change so he shaved it off. His wife was horrified, to the extent that she refused to speak to him or cook for him till he grew it back! I have another friend who has sported a beard since he left school at 18. He told his wife that he intended to shave it off for charity. Her response was, "fine, and I'll match whatever you collect but only when you grow it back!" He did and she did!

People notice and SOs care! However, the vast majority of those who notice/care will not imagine crossdressing to be the reason unless there is some other, unsubtle, clue!
    Last edited by Judith96a; 01-08-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Junior Member Jennifer Michelle's Avatar
    I split my time between going to School in North Chicago, but I am originally from Indiana
    I have a full beard currently lol But when I do intend to dress fully I usually shave my face completely. I still consider myself a man though a man with a crossdressing fetish lol. In addition beards are in style on males and I am still trying to get a girlfriend lol Hopefully one who can handle my crossdressing

This has been a fascinating thread and thanks for so many responses, the general theme seems to be that those of you with facial hair love it and in many cases your SO and family like it too and as such its not a problem to dress and feel great. It seems that very few people go out dressed with facial hair.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

IF I were to shave my beard off I could easily pass but my beard is beautiful, I get many compliments on it so- for now- I will keep it.

My hair is fairly long (see "beauty" thread) and I always make sure that my face is clean shaven. I've also started laser treatments to get rid of my beard once and for all. I really like the overall result. For me, to be feminine means no facial hair.