Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facial hair - curious

But Micki hundreds of millions of men shave every day, I don't think that the vast majority have ever cross dressed. If you are saying it is about shaving suddenly then the people around you would only suspect if they have a reason to surely?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I maintain stubble for three reasons. One, my skin reacts badly to regular shaving, two, there are several birthmarks on my neck and where my beard grows which makes shaving cumbersome, and three, my face would otherwise look like a baby's. For me it is a sign of masculinity I intend to keep.

Since I have no desire to present as a woman or as feminine as possible, and only wear women's clothes when I'm home, nothing stops me from maintaining it. I guess it might look strange, but then again, I might as well learn to apply make-up and buy a wig.

I'm in a dadt and my wife loves my gotee and I have no interest in trying to pass nor could I pass since I'm 6"1 and over 270pounds plus I love my facial hair because I think I look weird without it lol

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerreds View Post
    I get lots of compliments on my beard (including one from a 60s rock star, Chad Stuart of Chad & Jeremy) so I am reluctant to part with it. I have been thankfully endowed with great hair and legs, a pretty face, beautiful hands, small feet so other than the beard I register as female.
    OMG! Chad & Jeremy were one of my favorites. My mid-60s oldies band plays A Summer Song, and I wore the grooves out of their LPs. Pardon me if I go all Chadmania on you here, but are they still alive and well? Reunion tours?

Sigh. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be...

Now that I got my groupie gush out of the way, on the the OP.

Never. Blessed (from a TG perspective) or cursed (from my meathead nephew's perspective) with being part of a family with relatively sparse facial hair, a few hours of electrolysis (like, maybe 15) and daily plucking in the makeup mirror leave me with nothing there. No stubble, no shadow, whatever's long enough for the tweezers to grab is gone, and I can't imagine walking around with fuzz on my face. If I had really, really tried before the first hot needle hit the follicles, I might have mustered a Bad Teenage Mustache or wimpy chin fuzz at most. For as long as I can remember, what sprouted on my cheeks (including where sideburns usually occur) is no more than one or two strays here and there. I've had spit curls instead of sideburns forever.

My brothers both wore facial hair at times. My elder brother has had a mustache since his early 20s and seems now at 70 to have grown a full beard, while my late eldest brother sported a mustache from time to time. I'm convinced that there's something genetically different about me. Wimpy sissy kid, least athletic male in school, very late puberty, very little body hair, trouble with cis-het relationships, and finding myself on this web site more often than not.

Facial hair wasn't in the cards for me, and I'm eternally grateful for that. Tip o' the wig to those who have found their comfort zones straddling the stereotypes. Takes all kinds to make an interesting world, and a great beard topping a great dress is fine with me, as long as it's not me.

I can't grow much of a beard, and the family don't even like me having a bit of stubble particularly
    Would be nice to get rid completely
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Crossdressing is wearing clothing of the opposite sex. A male that decides to wear a skirt, dress, jeans, slacks, or whatever they choose, while foregoing the need to womanize themselves eliminates the time consuming, expensive preparation that is required to transform into a female persona. A man that can wear a dress or skirt while sporting facial hair is freedom and comfort. Unless the goal is to keep gender specific clothing for only women or people that look like women, crossdressing by all people should be encouraged.

I have a moustache and since I only dress at home with my accepting wife..I have and see no need to shave it off. Sure, when we do my make up and I put on my wigs it may look a bit odd..but who cares. It's just us-I have no desire to venture out. My cross dressing is part of our private lives. I have many breast forms of varying sizes and my wife critiques the look if I ask. Like many men, I like the big boob look and feel..but she prefers my B cups. I model..she gives input. To each their own. I did grow a goatee..and then a beard..it lasted a short time..as it did interfere. The moustache ...well it's part of me.
    My body is smooth but for the stache. My wife says in hose I have killer legs.

I think I can explain why for some of us facial hair is not a barrier to crossdressing- and that is that we can see ourselves as feminine and 'deserving' of the blessings of our feminine clothes, and we can be perky or effusive, or strangely light on our feet, without needing to see breast shapes when we look down. We don't see femaleness as equivalent to femininity, just that females get access to it. So we are claiming access and feeling it all, and wonder if more guys might not want to relieve themselves of the struggle of hiding their beards.

That said, being relieved of facial or body hair means one less thing to manage, and it is doable, unlike reducing the breadth of our shoulders or other aspects of maleness. I'd probably be glad not to have a beard, though it definitely helps break the cold winds. I do have it, so I go with it.

Some earlier mentioned this young wom! an with a beard who went with it and became a model- just to show that cultural stereotypes can be overcome whenever people have reason to agree.
    https://mpasho.co.ke/meet-the-female...holder-photos/
    I think she looks great! but I have a soft spot for beards.

I also find that when I am out people are relieved in a way that I am not trying to confuse their signal processing units cueing for 'female'- I'm just a man who is claiming some feminine space.
    We are all beautiful...!

I only get the urge to dress once in a while and usually in phrases. I currently have a 1/2 beard and have a feeling to dress. I'm married and my wife likes the beard. She is going out of town in a couple weeks and will have more opportunities to dress. I also want to go out, maybe a quick little adventure. Will I shave and loose what I have grown, and disapoint my wife. No. I'll go out wearing cute boots, leggings, and top.

For me my face has to be smooth to get the full feminine feeling. I don't feel the need for breast forms though. We all are different and we all have our own desires and our own ways to achieve those desires.

Becky Blue wrote:
    So I am very interested in why you chose do have facial hair but yet like to dress like a woman.
    Becky,
    The simple answer is: I do not dress like a woman, nor do I want to look like one. I just wear clothes that some perceive to be ``women`s``. I am a man.
    I`m working on a post that will give some insight on this subject. Coming soon.

Selerba, i look forward to your post, I would hope it explains why you wear clothes that some perceive to be women's.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Read this entire thread. Because I've had some form of a beard at least in winter since I was 20. My SO always wanted me to (got a mean "you didn't ask me if you could shave" once) but now since it is mostly gray, she would like for me to keep it close cropped or shaved down to a mustache. I haven't even gone to the later in about 12 years. The last time I did completely shaved the 1st thing I saw was my big nose. Family trait! So I'm nervous about that. But I do want to at least try Tara's lipstick advice and the facial hair will ruin it.

I've had a beard and ponytail my whole adult life. Everything from very short to ZZ Top. My "dressing" is mainly for comfort and sometimes a little style. No attempt to pass or communicate with my inner "woman". I guess I could easily go "underground" if I ever shaved as I suspect no one would recognize me. The beard doesn't detract from the comfort of not-pants and actually enhances the appearance when wearing a kilt.

Aspiring Member
    I am currently clean shaven, but I did keep a mustache for most of my adult life.

The way I see it, my sexual orientation is straight - heterosexual.
    My gender identity is male. Even when crossdressed, I still don't see myself as female.
    However, I do have some gender dysphoria. As a child I thought the girls had all the advantages in life, and I grew up thinking that my mother would love me more if I was born a girl. I continued thinking that females were better people than males through puberty. I loved everything about females, and considered being male as a sort of handicap in life. Crossdressing just made me happy.

I think my crossdressing is more related to that gender dysphoria than my sexual orientation or gender identity. So having facial hair is no deterrent to my crossdressing.

Hi all,
    I am new to this site and have been reading some of the threads when I spotted this one.

Yes! Yes I am a crossdresser and yes I have facial hair and I have no desire to be clean shaven.

Personally I don't feel the need to pretend to be a woman - I would not be very convincing even if I tried - my crossdressing is just something I enjoy in private hair and all!

I'm 61. Had a mustache since 1978 and goatee beard since 1995. I realized new years day how much I hated facial hair & shaved it smooth! Btw I have been shaving legs and arms for about a year.🌺

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Also I would like someday to present as female. I consider myself transgender.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    I'm 61. Had a mustache since 1978 and goatee beard since 1995. I realized new years day how much I hated facial hair & shaved it smooth! Btw I have been shaving legs and arms for about a year.��

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Also I would like someday to present as female. I consider myself transgender.
    Whilst I don't think I want to get rid of my facial hair I do shave the rest of my body.
    I have been using an IPL device for the past two years to reduce the growth which seems to be working. I can go a couple of weeks between shaves and the regrowth is not much at all - in fact in places there is no hair at all.

Chiming in again- I have had a beard since the second day after my first shave, which I had eagerly awaited doing, only to be dismayed that it grew back. Decided that my beard was part of me and needed to be preserved- needs only light trimming occasionally.

Hair is huge in every society, as it is a sex-linked plumage characteristic, to be styled and shaved and pomaded and etc for various effects. I don't like makeup on women and am the all-natural type. I think my facial pores are large and shaving my beard wouldn't make much difference in my appearance, without extensive covering with makeup, and then my facial shape, etc would undermine all that, and ... so the obvious choice is to go with the facial hair and stake the claim that we are all beautiful!

I actually believe and practice that- so I'm happy for those that use lotions and potions to be beautiful, and I but I'll always think you are more beautiful without it. And beyond beautiful, feminine if you are feeling that way. Same thing for manly shape- as a designer I'll find a way to drape you that is feminine- no shape changing needed!
    We are all beautiful...!

I have a trim beard but I love to dress female when the mood strikes. I cannot pass at all, but I really want to go out dressed. What do you think?

I have a mustache and have had it for years. Me wife and the drandkids do not like it when it's not there. Only my wife knows I dress and I don't go out dressed.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    You obviously have never sported facial hair for any length of time. People ALWAYS notice no matter if it's just a stubbly goatee or a full on ZZ Top, and the first words out of their mouth is ALWAYS "Why did you shave?" And if you have a significant other it's even harder to deflect.
    I have a friend who has sported a moustache for almost as long as I've known him (at least 25 years). One day, several years ago, he decided that he fancied a change so he shaved it off. His wife was horrified, to the extent that she refused to speak to him or cook for him till he grew it back! I have another friend who has sported a beard since he left school at 18. He told his wife that he intended to shave it off for charity. Her response was, "fine, and I'll match whatever you collect but only when you grow it back!" He did and she did!

People notice and SOs care! However, the vast majority of those who notice/care will not imagine crossdressing to be the reason unless there is some other, unsubtle, clue!
    Last edited by Judith96a; 01-08-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Recently my wife was complaining that my mustache tickles he nose. The next day I shaved it off and left the chin hair. The future of my facial hair is in question.

The obvious answer for those with face hair who want to go out and not look TOO out of the ordinary... a kilt. All the perks of having that cool breeze blowing up your legs plus you can "underdress" with a half (or full, I guess) slip under and call it a kilt liner. Panties are optional. If you really need to cross dress, find a kilt that has buckles. I want to remember that men's kilts buckle on the left, women's on the right. Kilts and beards were made to go together like panties and thigh highs.

Junior Member Jennifer Michelle's Avatar
    I split my time between going to School in North Chicago, but I am originally from Indiana
    I have a full beard currently lol But when I do intend to dress fully I usually shave my face completely. I still consider myself a man though a man with a crossdressing fetish lol. In addition beards are in style on males and I am still trying to get a girlfriend lol Hopefully one who can handle my crossdressing