Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ankle brackets under hose

Ankle brackets under hose

I stopped for gas this am wearing my usual drab but wearing hose and black heels when I went to pull away a lady was going in the convenience store wearing the same heels with a skirt and black hose. I suddenly needed a drink I went in and was behind her in line as she was paying and she went out to pump gas. She appeared in her early 60s (I'm 55). I pay and go out and as I walk past I say I love your heels she smiled and said I like yours too. Anyway my question is she had an ankle bracelet under her hose. Why not outside?

Sometimes less is more so I wouldn't wear an ankle bracelet with nylons and definitely not with leggings or tights. Any ankle bracelet that is a little on the chunky side and not smooth should probably be worn outside the hosiery. That would look weird. Just my opinion.

Reality Check
    Was it a court ordered ankle bracelet? One that tracks the person's location? If I had one of those I would try to hide it too.

I think you have an opportunity here. Go find the cutest ankle bracelet you can find and try it both ways. Then you'll know and have a really cute accessory to boot...

My guess is that she was in a hurry and it was just easier to put her hose on top of the bracelet than to take it off, put the hose on and then put the bracelet back on.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I've seen GGs wear them inside hose for years. Doesn't look as good as outside.

I've seen this quite frequently too. Always wondered why. I always wear mine outside.

The reason is to not lose the ankle bracelet. We all know that sometimes the clasp comes undone and if your out and about, you lose what might be your favorite bracelet. Myself, I don't have high end bracelets and such so if they get lost, they get lost and is the reason I wear them on the outside of my hosiery. If I had a really expensive one, I would wear it under my hose as well.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    To me it's a fashion faux pas, but then to me ankle bracelets are tacky/chav in the first place...
    I used to have a short attention spa

If you must wear an ankle bracelet, it should be worn on bare legs. From what I have seen, only CD's wear them with hosiery. You might as well wear a sign on you back that says "Transvestite."

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I've seen that too, I don't get it. When I wear an ankle bracelet with hose it it on the outside. I don't think they are tacky or advertise that you are a transvestite. Being a tacky transvestite advertises you as a transvestite.

If I wear an ankle bracelet which is rarely, it's always out side my hose. I'm concerned it might snag my precious hose. Around here, the key to successful going out is to blend in. An ankle bracelet will draw attention.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    I've seen that too, I don't get it. When I wear an ankle bracelet with hose it it on the outside. I don't think they are tacky or advertise that you are a transvestite. Being a tacky transvestite advertises you as a transvestite.
    Hi, I'm curious, what is your take on the difference between a transvestite and a croaadresser? Thanks, NancySue.

a long time ago, ankle bracelets meant something. Usually it was a "promise" and bought by a suitor, not to be removed until the next step (engagement or promise ring) was given. Thus the pantyhose went over the jewelry. For awhile it was a friendship thing too. If a woman bought her own ankle bracelet, she was free to put it on and off as she saw fit. It was a symbol of status...and in some corners marked "ownership"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lorileah,
    Thanks for the explanation and clearing that bit of history up.

One thing I would not want to wear is an ankle bracelet with a bright orange suit. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My wife would not wear an ankle bracelet as she said it was a sign of a prostitute! Yes and pierced ears were once a sign of a slave! It all changes at society's whim! Wear what suits you and go on! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I have never noticed anyone wearing an ankle bracelet under hosiery. I have a few cute ankle bracelets that I wear , even a matching pair that my wife and I have worn . I seldom wear hosiery any more at all as it seems it isn't the style as much now . Typically , during the summer I wear shorts or a skirt with sandals and love to wear an ankle bracelet then, with no hose. Seeing some one wearing hose, unless they are dressed up for an occasion , is so uncommon now . So seeing someone wearing an ankle bracelet under hose would seem strange to me.

I'm going to say might be an arthritis or ionic type things. They need to be on your skin to do any good. Just my guess.

Definitely gold jewelry. Definitely a nice looking lady (not a cd). Just thought it was odd. Very nice looking at 5:30 am.

Hmmm...I should take a closer look at my wife. To the best of my knowledge, she's never been a prostitute or a transvestite. She has worn an ankle bracelet now and then, just as she she's been known to accessorise with other types of jewelry. As I recall, it was always worn over her stockings, but I suspect that's just her preference.

Personally, I like the look, so I'll likely acquire one for myself at some point in time. Doubt it will label me a crossdresser any more or less than some of my other noticeable characteristics will. The again, maybe I can find a "CD" charm to attach to it. I mean, why leave them in doubt??

Karen

As to "CD charms," does anyone know if the CD-symbol jewelry (circle showing both arrow at top right and cross at the bottom) which once were being made available on CD.com still exist or where they might be found?

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    IMHO there is no difference between transvestite and crossdresser, I just thi k crossdresser is a nicer term.

Reality Check
    I agree. It's somewhat like "black" and "colored".

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I don't know. Maybe she had a bad experience where an expensive or cherished ankle bracelet was lost. At least this way it just falls down in your stocking.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Years ago my wife would wear an ankle bracelet and hose. I asked her why the bracelet was under her hose and not on top. She explained fashion dictated it went under hose or on bare legs. She also said "Only prostitutes wore the ankle bracelet on top of their hose. (Her words)" She also explained the need to remove the bracelet and the challenge of the delicate clasp with nails before removing her hose was too cumbersome. Made sense to me, but I wasn't about to start looking for prostitutes to validate her story, I just believed her.

That's my understanding, I'm sure everyone has a different experience.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

you know,I have a hard enough time finding bracelets that fit around my wrists: I don't think there's much chance an ankle bracelet would fit around my ankle

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    There is a lot of "myths" surrounding ankle bracelets that have surfaced in recent decades.... from only hookers wear them to only women who have an "open" marriage ware them ....etc.

I remember a time when it was the custom for all women to wear them over their gartered stockings .

Then somewhere along the line, it became sort of a fashion statement to wear them under panty hose.

IMO, they look ridiculous under stockings..
    It's on of those stupid fashion trends..... like wearing a sweater on your back with the arms tied around your neck..

If you honestly think that it looks better "under", then go for it but, don't do it because you are some sort of slave to a dumb fashion trend.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 12-17-2016 at 12:33 AM.