Thread: going on could become addictive

Aspiring Member

going on could become addictive

I have only been out twice and interacted with muggles. Last week I found myself with a couple opportunities to dress at home, I passed up one day because I was thinkong it is a lot of work for a couple of hours. I was wishing I had chance to go out somewhere. Unfortunately I will not have another chance until spring. I am still hesitant to go out from home. I never figured that this would ever happen as I have always been very content dressing at home. Just random thought for the day.
    Sara

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    There comes the point where you want to experience more than the home has to offer.
    Pretty common for this to happen so when you get the chance go for it.

What do you mean "could be" addictive? It IS - a.k.a. the creeping "pink fog", which now has you firmly in its grasp.

What Tracii said...

If you wanted, you could wear panties every day. Better than nothing.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I don't like to freely admit it but yes going out dressed is addictive but I think for me it's more then that, I really enjoy expressing this part of me, doing it at home is fine but out an about is way better

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Going out dressed among Vanillas is stressful and not fun for me. Yet, I do it quite often. How?

I go out to T friendly clubs and T events with other dressers. Which IS fun, not stressful, and very addictive for me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

While I've been out quite a few times it's always been while away from home with the exception of 3 times and all were during the hours of darkness and extremely nerve racking. Hence when I get the chance to dress at home, even if I know I have say 6 hours to myself, after about 3 hours I find myself returning to drab. I've done my chores, had a bite to eat, perhaps even spent a bit of time on here but once I run out of things to keep me occupied being dressed seems somewhat pointless.

When I can get out I can happily spend 12-15 hours out and about as I have a reason to be dressed and things to do.

As others have said, once you go out you'll find that there's always that little voice in your head urging you to go out again. Don't say you weren't warned!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Forget 'could". I've said it many times here. Once you go out you will never stay in again. The euphoria of going out in public and being accepted as you dreamed you could be is instantaneously addictive and life long.

Banned Read only
    Leigh & Stephanie, I know what you said is true because I do it.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I first went out fairly recently after years of hesitancy, and immediately wanted to do it again, and again, and again!. Addictive, possibly but there's no going back now.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

My random thought for the day: GO.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Ive still not been out yet, but Im actually really excited to do it and cant wait. Hopefully its a smooth process once I do dive into the outside world.

Ellie xx

Congrats on getting out and about and yes it is addictive! Been out for a drive mostly dressed once. Went for a transformation and spent 4 days en femme at a bnb and went wig shopping in a large city! Probably will not get out again until next year! But believe me, I will get out! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Once I walked out the door, I haven't wanted to stop. Every time I go out, my confidence grows and I want to do more and more. I also makes me want to take myself to new levels.

When you have the opportunity take it!

Reality Check
    I think you will find that the more time you spend dressed as a woman, even just at hoe, the more comfortable you will be when you do go out. You won't feel awkward with your wig, you won't keep bumping into things with your butt or boobs, etc.

So, if you have the chance, do it.

Addiction is defined as habituation plus withdrawal; I.e., it takes a higher dose to get the same effect, and not getting it hurts. So yes, initially addictive. But not as dangerous as alcohol or smoking. With a little common sense, you can have fun going out more and more. These days, I find great satisfaction In dressing like a girl in public, wearing age- and situation-appropriate clothes. Do find skirts & dresses much more satisfying than pants. Would like to do it more often, but maybe there's a point where one doesn't need higher doses. Habituation and hence addiction would cease!

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Yes, it becomes addictive. But this is a good thing, not a bad thing. But this addiction is not the end of the journey. I dress virtually all the time at home, and I refuse to change just to go out for a few things. Or for a lot of things. Eventually, going out en femme isn't much different from going out in drab.

Well, except for the fact that the clothes are much, much, much nicer.

I have not dressed in several years as my wife is not too much on board. However, she is OK with my getting my nails done, mani, every 2-3 weeks,with gel coating pedi 5-6 weeks. red on my toes, pale pink with matte top coat for every day wear. She thinks they look better than her nails. I am happy as polish has always been my thing. My nails pic is on my profile. I don't know how to add it as my avatar are
    Last edited by Jennifer4cd; 12-19-2016 at 04:20 PM. Reason: my avatar