Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you wear in the workshop?

What do you wear in the workshop?

I know I'm not the only one who enjoys woodworking or auto mechanics, I love spending time in my basement shop.

But what to wear? Woman woodworkers I've met dress like lumberjacks and it does make sense- shops aren't often heated in winter, all power comes from the feet planted on the floor so heels aren't safe nor do they have steel toes, and who wants sanding dust in a wig?

My own solution is lumberjack underdressing - wooly tights for warmth, camisole and bra with forms, lipstick and earrings, maybe a shot of perfume. With work shirt, jeans, sturdy shoes, and a hat, always remembering the Monty Python lumberjack song...

What about you?

"Safety Glasses"

When I was in my teens I would wear woman's high-waisted dress pants quite often when working on cars.
    I don't think anyone noticed since I never tucked in my shirts.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 12-15-2016 at 02:27 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

None of the above Jackie just plain male clothes to keep me warm.
    Would not want to spoil my female clothes now would I.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Aspiring Member
    My shop is also in the basement, but it is a walk out basement and anyone can come up and walk in unless I lock the door, and then they would be looking in to see what I am doing as the lights would be on. Can only underdress which I do to varying degrees depending on what I am going to be working on or how I feel. I have some wood working tools but mostly I have machine tools. Lately I have been working on a 1964 Cub Cadet garden tractor and the snowthrower that is going on it.

Sherrii you could put in a steel door with no windows for security
    hugs
    Ronda

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Always a bra. My nipples could cut glass when they get very cold.

Last night I wore Nine West Dishevelled boots, woman's jeans, one of my guy t-shirts, bra and water balloon falsies. Wife was out of town. Locked the door, and had an emergency plan in case someone stopped by. My wife is never gone so it was a special time for me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jackie, I seam to remember something about Crossdressing and Power Tools, And it didn't end well.

Just guy clothes in the workshop......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Depends if the wife is away from the house. If shes around I wear my male stuff with the exception of panties. If she is gone then I prefer wearing some older tattered female clothing plus a bra.

Aspiring Member
    Strictly all guy zone. I only have dressy women's clothing and I would hate to ruin anything.
    Sara

For me the workshop is in front of the mirror trying new makeup looks!

Panties and a bra for sure! Then old jeans and a t shirt.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Cover the window of the door if you are worried about it.

Panties. But I do everything in panties. The rest is drab. Women's clothing is the "good" stuff.

The only thing in my workshop is needlework, fabric, thread, etc. No need for special clothes.

I have two different types of workshops, one is for welding and metal working, the other one is a wood shop where I do deer antler mounting and some woodworking things. Both are buildings behind the house so I only under dress while working in them. If someone drives up I'd probably see or hear them coming but if I'm running a machine I might not and then get caught.

I spend a lot of time in my basement workshop. A lot of what I do involves paints and glues which are a risk to any kind of clothing. Also soldering and other electronics work that can involve heat and nasty chemicals, not to mention the power tools. So it's mainly worn-out pants and T-shirts with holes in them for me. I do wear panties and women's trouser socks all the time, which don't come off when my work clothes go on. Occasionally a pair of ear studs -- but no dangling or loose jewelry that might get caught on equipment or pose an electrical risk. Certainly, rubber soled sneakers or other safe, flat shoes. I want to be comfortable and injury free so I'm presentable for my next outing, so the shop is basically a gender-free zone.

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Cover the window of the door if you are worried about it.
    I have windows to deal with, I covered them years ago for other reasons. Lock the door, but friends have the door code for the overhead so I need to remember to shut it off. I keep a jacket and a pair of work boots handy. Last time someone stopped by they banged on the door, I hollered to wait a minute, changed boots, tossed the falsies in the garbage, pulled on the jacket to hide the bra and answered the door. Any questions and I just had my hands full at the time.

My woodworkshop is a detached building on my backyard. Usually I keep male clothing but bra and panties are my normal underwear.

Aspiring Member
    Ronda,

Yeah, I could cover the windows and lock the door. But then I would have to change there if I wanted to answer the door if someone came and as it would take a while to change that would cause questions too.. And there would be a lot of questions if it was obvious I was there and didn't answer it. And there are 4 full size and 3 small basement windows, I would lose a lot of light by covering them too. It would be fun to dress in the shop, but it just isn't worth it.

Beautiful Ellen. Is that a bodysuit your wearing?

No, seamless cami from Venus with black jacket. Black leather skirt. Safety glasses on top of head.
    or wearing them
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...3&d=1461542592

Then there is the lumberjack look
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...4&d=1461542663

I wouldn't want to be around with other lumberjacks cutting down trees with me dressed like that!
    Hugs, Ellen

Lol! In truth, if I am doing hand tool work in my woodshop, a long skirt, an older blouse, thigh highs, ballet flat slippers and fully underdressed is my first choice! Love the photos ClosetED!!!

Summer, T shirt and jeans, sneakers. Winter, t shirt, sweatshirt, and jeans, sneakers or boots if it's snowing, gloves if it's colder than a witches you-know-what.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.