Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sales Assistants know what you are up to

When I bought a wedding gown at a thrift store last year the SA said "it's nice to see this gown getting a new home"

I wonder what kind of home she was thinking it would have?
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 01-18-2017 at 07:55 AM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Most of my experience with SA's has been in dance wear stores and swimwear shops for one piece swimsuits. Once the sales agent knew I was purchasing for me, it opened up a whole lot more chances to try on outfits in the store. I really enjoyed trying on turtleneck leotards and tights and stepping out to have the sales assistant zip me up and unzip me after I modeled in the big mirrors in the store. Same in the bathing suits.

I like to shop in person for clothing because of the excitement of discovery. I do shop on line also but it is a sterile experience in comparison. Always give the SA's a big smile and I am prepared to chat with them. I ask how they are, how busy they have been and comment on good looking clothes. When done politely and openly -don't be creepy- they will always respond to someone being pleasant.
    If asked I will acknowledge that the item is for me but I don't preface the conversation with that information. Working in a large store can be very dull and so I believe we should always try to make a person's day as pleasant as possible. Also I feel a responsibility as a cross dresser as I feel that my behavior reflects on the cross dressing community and I don't want to leave a bad impression and have the assistant believe that all crossdressers are boorish or rude.

Aspiring Member
    I had one occasion when buying panties and the SA gave me that knowing look. I gave her a quizzical look in return and she said "I'm saying nothing.". I said "I'm just buying a gift for my wife". She said "That's what they all say". I said "They're for my wife. These are size 8. I wear size 12". Stunned silence followed.

(UK sizes BTW!)

I've always shopped in guy mode and have purchased everything from cosmetics, lingerie, dresses and shoes. I've never had an issue or have I ever had a SA ask if it was for me. The only time I've volunteered that info was when I went to purchase a wig. I was tiered of the cheaper looking ones so decided I would purchase one from a wig salon. No one said a thing and were very helpful with me trying many on. I would go back to that store for another in an instant!
    Just trying to be the real me!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by caitlyn louisa View Post
    ... Does anyone else enjoy being 'caught' ?
    You can only be 'caught' if you are doing something wrong.

I am required by my wife, to tell the SA's that "this is for me". She makes me do that to provide some humiliation, which she knows that i love! (but not at that uncomfortable moment!)

These stories amaze me. The one and only dress I own I bought at a charity shop. I don't know how I did it. The male cashier could not have been nicer though. The panties and bra that I own I bought at stores with self checkout.

In the last little while, I have given up on the fears of shopping. I used to go into the store with a list and say they were presents for the wife, Now I just go in pick up want I want, pay for it and leave. If they do have any idea it's for me they have not said so yet.
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

Long, long ago when I was in a Fredericks of Hollywood store (In regular guy mode.) browsing around, I viewed a display shelf of various colors of opera length satin gloves. I picked up a pair and examined the color, quality, etc. Next thing I knew, a sales associate came up to me and asked if I wanted to try them on. I didn't want to create a scene and have other customers looking at me trying them on and so forth, so I politely declined and continued browsing as normal. I love satin gloves. Whether the SA knew they were for me or not, I don't know, though I suspect she knew they would be because at the end of the browsing, I bought 2 pairs of gloves and she thanked me for shopping and she hoped the gloves would fit me well.

One time I was at Penney's to purchase some Vanity Fair panties. The SA asked me if I needed some help. I said yes, even though I knew exactly where my favorite panties were located. The SA were very helpful, as she showed me the various styles and colors. I asked her what size would someone like me would wear. She then took a pair of panties off of the rack and held them against me. I was in heaven! As I checked out, she complimented me on my choice of colors. In retrospect, I wish i would have had the courage to ask to help me pick out a nice bra. Anyway, I am quite sure that she knew who the panties were for. I did give her an outstanding rating in the online review.

I have gotten so that I will only shop for women's clothing when I'm in full battle dress.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

When I was younger, I use to think that having a wedding ring on would make excuses so much more easier/plausible...

Now I'm married, if its for something I'm not trying on, I usually take it off - just to keep them wondering!

Thought about this question a lot. I think the reason this comes up so often on the boards is that thoes of us not out have a special relationship to SA's. For many of us that are not out, the SA is the closest person to have a little visibility to our deepest secrets. They may be the only person that know about our private side. They may be the only person other than a significant other as to the style of clothing, shoes or intimates that we buy. Whether we tell them it's for us or for someone else, we leave knowing that at least one person may know about our secrete. The excitement of nearly confessing or at least sharing my purchases with the SA has always been terifyi g but also exciting for me. I love when they complement my ability to put together an outfit or make that little joke, "so is this for you or are you in the dog house". I generally don't push it unless I get a very welcoming reception. I think we overlook the intimacy that we share with SA, if it is know to them or not. I know that in many cases they are the only person that knows that I purchased a certain blouse, skirt or heels that no one else may ever know.

I like a 36B bra, they are not a common line in the style I am looking for and I have been asked on a number of occasions if I wish to try one on for size.

Yep, sure every time for me.

This has had nothing to do with me being in drab and admitting my personal interests.

I think they just know, or did they smell the perfume I am wearing? :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I never shoped in victoria secrets en femme or in drab,I may do it en femme I know my bra and panties size so I was just thinking of asking the SA for my size.But if she asks if I would like to try them on, I will not miss on the opportunity.

Last week I went to three different stores where I asked the SA if I could try some clothes on. SA's ranged from slight surprise to incredibly helpful. I do find that younger SA's tend to be less surprised. My experience is, if you are nice, they will be nice.

quiet girl in lingerie Jennifer Soames's Avatar
    I have had only positive reactions from SA. I think many of them love a change frog the same old stuff. I very recently visited a store that had moved location and I missed where they had gone. I was greeted liken a long lost friend and the SA, daughter of the owner, recalled the lingerie sets she had sold me. This was four years later.

We had a great girly time and she was soooo nice. She fitted me with some lovely bras and I left feeling very affirmed that I was accepted and respected.

Its an individual thing for each SA but overwhelmingly they just want to have a nice day that is interesting.