Thread: For Those Who Use Public Laundrymats...

For Those Who Use Public Laundrymats...

How do you get by laundrying women's clothes, panties, bra's, lingerie & etc... Do you dress like a woman at the laundrymat or do you embarrassingly do all your laundry dressed as a guy?

Interested in hearing funny experiences, too!

--- My brother cheated me out of my 3 story house inheritance, so I gotta do all of my laundry at a laundrymat. I am considering finding one special laundrymat location where I laundry in femme, but I hardly wear women's clothes anyway!

Banned Read only
    Kate, sorry about your inheritance; what he did is stealing and severed a relationship with you, maybe forever, it will never be forgotten. People that do this and it happens quite a lot have no guilt or honesty. They are cold hearted, have no shame or guilt, self centered and all for them selves. It's an honest person we admire. Hind sight is have a will and all parties read it together while all are alive and have an administrator that will honestly and quickly execute it.

Just go to a laundry mat dressed anyway you like and wash your girly things proudly and fold them on the table. Push your self to get over any embarrassing feelings and you will feel good that you did it and proud of what you wear. People might glance but really don't give a hoot. It's a very comforting feeling when a CD does what he wants in public and has the confidence in himself to dress as he wants and not have to dress to satisfy others. Does anyone out in public dress for you??????

I've had to use them on occasion while traveling. I just go about my business and no one has ever said anything. I simply treat a pair of panties like a towel or a pair of socks. They were dirty. I washed and dried and folded them. One memorable trip: I happened to strike up a conversation with an attractive middle age lady. We chatted as our clothes first washed, then dried. Then, we shared a table to fold our stuff. I vividly recall getting lost in conversation, then pausing to notice that she was folding her panties, while I was folding mine. We just kept talking like it was an everyday occurrence. I'm sure she noticed, but never indicated that she did.

I think most people that can't do their laundry at home are always doing theirs and someone else's at the same time, men's, women's doesn't matter and I am pretty sure no one is watching to see what your putting into the machine or that it is yours. I know when we lived in an apartment it was a shared laundry room and i didn't care who saw what, for all they knew it was my SO's. Thank GOD those days are long over though, it got expensive.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Why would it be embarrassing to wash women's clothes at the laundromat? You think nobody has ever taken their spouses/children's clothes to wash at the laundromat? You're really overthinking this.

When I used to go, it was nothing special for me. Kind of fun in a way to pull panties out of the dryer, shake the wrinkles out, then fold them. Hardly anybody cares to look.

I'm assuming you've never been married if you would feel weird washing and folding women's clothes in a laundromat.

Any laundromat ought to work. People don't care about the clothes you're washing.

When I lived on the NW side of Chicago, I used the one washer and dryer in my apartment building. The only thing that anyone cared about was if I took too long to get my clothes out of the washer. A couple times when I was a little slow at getting back to the washer to put my things in the dryer, someone else took them out and put them on the folding table so they could use the washer.
    My name is Carol.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would wash them and not worry what any one thought.

I have just recently had to go to the laundromat a couple of times. One time there was only two other people in there and a hand full the next. Like someone else said if any one see any "female" attire. The will just think it is your wife or girlfriend's. We as CDs are too much in our own heads.
    Lots of luck and love to you!

I use a laundromat at least once a week. I wash my lady clothes with my regular clothes. Use to have that embarrassment thing, but I realized it was me thinking that everyone somehow magically knew they were mine. Once I realized I was being foolish, the sense of embarrassment vanished.

Like someone else said if any one see any "female" attire. The will just think it is your wife or girlfriend's. We as CDs are too much in our own heads.
    Yep. I quit worrying about it a long time ago.

Silver Member
    If you really have a hangup about it buy a cheap wedding ring. Then they will think you are a great husband helping his wife.

I've never had a problem with washing clothes in a laundromat when traveling.

As Stephanie M and Micki said, married men do this all the time! Men's, woman's, or child's makes no difference, everyone needs clean clothes! And as was said you are over thinking this! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Kate do you look and judge others by their laundry in a laundromat?
    If not then they won't care what you are washing.
    I find it amazing how homophobic some are on this forum.

Silver Member
    You might want to consider just hand washing your lingerie in a sink with some Woolite at home. It can help them last longer, especially your bras.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    If you really have a hangup about it buy a cheap wedding ring. Then they will think you are a great husband helping his wife.
    ^this. Inexpensive rings on fleabay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/7mm-Gold-Tun...2JNuriRFuVbSdA
    $9.99 with free shipping. Any size. This one is tungsten carbide with gold color, so remember, if you injure the ring finger, get it off quick as normal ring cutters in emergency rooms wont be able to cut it off.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 01-24-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I would be embarrased to wash undergarments at a public laundrymat myself. I'd wash those items at home in the sink at hang them up to dry. It's better to hand wash silky stuff and bras anyway. Washing women's tops and skirts wouldn't bother me in public, but folding panties… I'd rather not.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Another fun thing here getting posted that would have never crossed my mind, I rarely am ever faced with using a public laundry unless my machines are down.

But the time(s) I have gone I never gave it any thoughts, just washed my things and went on about my day.

I have even used laundry service at hotel / cleaners and have never had any questions about why I had all these ladies garments that need laundered.

To most people it's just laundry and after all they are not women's clothes they are mine.
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Aspiring Member
    In the past I often took my girlfriend's clothes to wash along with my male clothes. Nobody bats an eyelid.
    Just go in with confidence, load the machine and go about your business. The more embarrassed or unconfident you look, the more likely you are to attract attention to yourself.

Banned Spammer
    Thats right Holly.
    If you act alike its nothing thats exactly what it will be nothing.
    Being worried about it just shows your homophobic side.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Why would it be embarrassing to wash women's clothes at the laundromat? You think nobody has ever taken their spouses/children's clothes to wash at the laundromat? You're really overthinking this.
    It isn't like Kate to over think things.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Kate, sorry about your inheritance; what he did is stealing and severed a relationship with you, maybe forever, it will never be forgotten. People that do this and it happens quite a lot have no guilt or honesty. They are cold hearted, have no shame or guilt, self centered and all for them selves. It's an honest person we admire. Hind sight is have a will and all parties read it together while all are alive and have an administrator that will honestly and quickly execute it.

Just go to a laundry mat dressed anyway you like and wash your girly things proudly and fold them on the table. Push your self to get over any embarrassing feelings and you will feel good that you did it and proud of what you wear. People might glance but really don't give a hoot. It's a very comforting feeling when a CD does what he wants in public and has the confidence in himself to dress as he wants and not have to dress to satisfy others. Does anyone out in public dress for you??????
    Uh, thanks for your concern about my inheritance. During that time I lost my house there were two songs that rang a bell in popular music - "Hey Brother" by Avicii and "Locked Away" by R City / Adam Levine. 2014 was the worst year of my Life... Both Parents died and my evil brother wrote a contrived Trust where I lost the house and it granted Dictatorial Power of my brother over me. Also, my brother rang a campaign of evil emails to all of my relatives to discredit me and make me look like a fool, baby, gay, and incompetent. He and his wife even tried to get me locked up in a Mental Hospital. ALL FAIL. On my mother's deathbed, she saw the future of my brother's relationship to me and she said, "Angel, be nice to your brother. Jesse, forgive your brother..." When my mom said that I said to myself "oh shit, shit is going to happen..."

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Because I still have a bit of "DUDENESS" in me, and Dudes aren't sissies washing their "girly laundry."

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Kate do you look and judge others by their laundry in a laundromat?
    If not then they won't care what you are washing.
    I find it amazing how homophobic some are on this forum.
    Nope, I'm not really a judgemental / Vain / Prideful person. But if I see a woman washing and folding sexy lingerie... um... wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    You might want to consider just hand washing your lingerie in a sink with some Woolite at home. It can help them last longer, especially your bras.
    I have no home or even an apt for rent in Chicago. I actually lived 1 year homeless, - but my minivan converted into an "RV" is my home! There is one laundrymat that I like very well where you can soak your laundry in a bucket, since they provide FREE water from a sink. I don't know of any other laundrymats like that yet.

But don't worry, I am NOT a "homeless begger" or "werking gurl," - I got SSDI and a partial inheritance that keeps me alive. Yeah, and I still wear my St John high class clothes!

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    ^this. Inexpensive rings on fleabay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/7mm-Gold-Tun...2JNuriRFuVbSdA
    $9.99 with free shipping. Any size. This one is tungsten carbide with gold color, so remember, if you injure the ring finger, get it off quick as normal ring cutters in emergency rooms wont be able to cut it off.
    Thanks for the idea on ebay rings. But I actually need a "Lord of the Rings" - Invisibility Ring... Just hope the Ring Wraithes don't go after me, and I hate the paranoia I get feeling I'm always being watched by Sauron!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    It isn't like Kate to over think things.
    And to tell the truth so truthfully even though it hurts!

Have you ever considered joining the Chi Chapter of Tri Ess? It sounds like you might benefit from a bit of support and in-person friendships with others in the community. I used to be a Chi Chapter member and it really helped me when I needed some support.
    My name is Carol.

When we bought our first house, it didn't have any appliances. We could afford a refrigerator, but not a washer or dryer. I had a shorter commute than my wife, so I did all the laundry at the laundromat weekly. This lasted for 6 months until we could afford a washer/dryer. It was easy, because the panties really weren't mine.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.