Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sales Assistants know what you are up to

I don't know if SAs generally prefer / enjoy serving crossdressers but... Here's two recent experiences (both en femme)

I went shopping in M&Co in Buckingham a couple of months ago. I saw a dress that I liked and asked one of the SAs if I could try it on. She said yes but I got the feeling that she was uncomfortable. A few minutes later one of her colleagues checked with me to see if there was anything I needed etc, very chatty, brought me another dress to try etc. I saw the original SA as I left the store but hot the impression that she was avoiding me. And, yes, I did buy the dress!

A month later, I was shopping in Leamington Spa. I went into 'Roman' where, again, I saw a dress that I wanted to try on. I asked an SA if I could try it on and got an enthusiastic "Yes". This young lady spent the next 30 minutes bringing me dresses, giving her opinion on sizes and fit, enlisting two different colleagues to help etc, etc - on a busy Saturday afternoon! Again I bought the dress.

Don't get me wrong, I've no criticism of the folks in Buckingham. The store there dealt with the original SA's discomfort (and me) in a professional manner. In both cases I got both assistance and encouragement.

I only had one time that I bought girly clothes and was at a Walmart and the SA was ringing it up and she looked at the size and then me. She asked, are these for you. I said yes. She said why do nice looking looking men do this. I did not have an answer just paid it out and left with my merchandise. That was years ago. But now wherever I have bought anything, It is always cordial and nothing said. Even at the thrift stores.
    Part Time Girl

I would figure for SA's they mostly see it as more commissions for them.

Sometimes I call the store in advance and ask the SA if I can get help buying some women's clothes for myself. You'll know right away if they are willing to help you and a good one will give her name, ask for yours, and tell you to ask for her when you come in.

When I first starting buying, I would hit the thift stores on 1/2 off day and i would end up with at least 2 carriages of dresses, sleepwear, bras, panties, slips and girdles.
    The SA's got to know me and actually pointed some nice items out to me on sale day.
    Only the old women customers would cast a disapproving eye over at me or when next to me.
    The SA's were nothing but polite.

My SO was shopping some clothes for herself and I was accompanying her. She was trying on a blouse and asked me to get one size smaller. So I went to the rack and tried to find on. A friendly SA approached me and asked if I need some help. I asked the size and she quickly found one. Then she aske me "would you like to try it?" I guess that I was so comfortable browsing with female clothes that the SA immediately read that I am no an average male shopping with his wife...

Not so long ago I was shopping for Vanity Fair granny panties (size 9) at Penny's, the SA who helped me offered me an in store coupon for half off! In year's past i would have need terrified to have an SA even approached me.

Cheers,
    Amy
    Last edited by AltairaMorbius; 01-07-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Earlier today I was buying leggins and a top. There was a young woman working the cash register. When she saw the items, her eyes bounced from them to me, to them to me, then she ranged up the leggins, and again looked at me... One could easily think that the leggins were my size, while the top was at first glance smaller; but what are the chances of any guy buying such things?

I've never even received a dirty look much less a negative comment while shopping. Usually I don't have a SA helping me shop, but the ladies at the cash registers have either assumed I was shopping for the wife or didn't care.

The only time I had help was at Payless where this nice young lady saw me looking and helped me find what I was looking for. She even advised me how to break in the high heel shoes I picked out. I thanked her for her sensitivity as I finished paying and was leaving the store.

Similar experience at Payless. They just want to help. I have bought boots and great sandals with their help

Junior Member Jennifer Michelle's Avatar
    I split my time between going to School in North Chicago, but I am originally from Indiana
    I've only bought women's shoes in person and that was at a nearby Payless. I have gone there a couple times, and I know at least one of the Store Associates knows me by name she even said how she would like to see how much shoe collection is coming along. So far i haven't bought any clothes in person, but I've traveled to the mall and went in a few stores and can't seem to find my size. So at this point my clothes are exclusively bought from internet sites. Thus far it is just easier to shop online over all, and I'm not as paranoid about someone seeing me. Though I have been tempted a couple times to go into Victoria's everything just looks awesome inside there lol.

I can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience from a SAS. Now, I'm not naive enough to think that it could never happen. But, in my experience its less common to have a bad experience. They usually either don't bat an eye, or make a comment about how pretty the clothes are. Hoestly, I think I feel more anxious about it than they do.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

I learned early on that I have credentials that tends to get any SA's attention! They are called Visa, Mastercard, American Express! Most Sa's work on commissions and I have found that they much rather deal with male customers who make decisions and buy something rather than those who browse and browse and leave lots of clothes to be refolded and re hung - without buying anything. I am a regular at certain ladies stores and there, I am called by DonnaSue!

I have been told that the Lane Bryant stores are sensitive to men shopping for ladies clothes for themselves so I checked out one of their stors on a recent trip into San Antonio. As soon as I entered the store a SA approached me and asked if she could help. I told her I was looking for a 46b bra and she showed me the only style in the store that size. As I was looking at it she told me that my wife could return it if it did not fit. I then told her it was for me and she did not hesitate and asked if I would like to try it on. We went into a fitting room and she hooked it up and adjusted the straps. I liked the fit just fine but the bra had too much padding door me to wear in a stealth mode. She said she would be right back and came back with some bras in 44c and an extender. I tried on about 6 bras and settled on the one I liked best. I will try to shop there often.

John

Junior Member pantyhoselvr kendra's Avatar
    All of the SA that i have encountered have been very helpful, I always shop with the wife and that probably helps

Couple of years back I bought myself some Rosie lingerie from M&S, the cashier said "You've chosen well, very feminine". I said "Well that's the idea". She went on to say that she wished her partner would buy her something like this, then offered me a gift receipt. When I said "That won't be necessary, thank you", the look on her face was priceless.

I was in a store ("Earth, music and ecology", weird name i know) with my girlfriend and i saw those really beautiful shoes. I assumed there wasn't my size but my girlfriend told me to ask. So i asked the SA in a stuttering local language if there was big size (mine) and she went to the back to see. I was really happy when she came back with a box. While trying them she told me they looked really beautiful. It was the perfect size and they were in sales, perfect. I finally bought them. Other SAs were looking at me but they didn't say anything beside "thank you for your purchase !".

Another time i wanted to buy a short, so i went to a store with my girlfriend again and built up the courage to try them in the changing room. It went well, the SA (a man) had a curious gaze but never asked any question and seemed more bothered if the size fit or not as it probably was the biggest one they had.

That experience (among others) proved me that SAs only want to help (and also get some money), i recommend asking the SAs for some advice before buying something, it can be really useful and can save you money. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

I love shopping at La Vie En Rose. The sales associates there have been wonderful. They always approach me to help and when they find out the clothes are for me they really get into it. One newer girl once said that if my wife removed the hygiene strip she couldn't return the item. I winked and said it's for me a I know it fits. She had no reply

I find myself going to Goodwill and the last time I went I saw someone I knew and I was looking at shoes and I acted like I was buying them for a craft project. Ya know, wine bottle holder or something. But I have had that feeling. I go to the superstore early in the morning when it's generally older people working. One day I bought, a bra, 3 different pairs of panties, pantyhose, and something else. She gave me this look, never forget it. It wasn't an evil look it was more of a look she knew and she was one of those kinky older ladies so more of a "I know what you are doing. Bad boy."

I actually have more of a worry about someone I know see me than the sales person. For all they know, you have a girlfriend or mom sent you on a errand. I always find it entertaining when I put up panties or whatever.

Aspiring Member
    For the last couple of years I have always been open, saying I'm buying for myself. Sometimes I just browse, get what I need, and go to the cashier. But if I'm looking for a new dress or outfit, I ask the SAs for help by telling them approximately what I'm looking for, and my usual size. I'm known at two stores, and the SAs let me use a fitting room, and bring me some suggestions to try on. I've also bought a bra from one of them (they cater to plus-sized women), and was fit by the SA. A couple have even seen me in bra, panties and pantyhose while helping me try on/adjust clothes. So far I've only shopped in drab; but I'm working up the courage to shop en femme next time, the last SA that helped me encouraged me to.

Silver Member
    One never knows. I've had mostly no problems. Been asked who they were for and said me. One time the girl waiting on me ran off the floor. Never saw her again. Other times SAs have been very nonchalant. A couple time when bra was obvious SA refused to accept the clothes were for me. Funniest was when I went to buy a bra and SA kept saying your wife would like this. I told her it was for me. My projection was obvious she started laughing and acting like she was looking for the hidden camera. A few months ago I returned a pair of jeans for my wife and picked up a couple pairs of panties from online sales. The girl acted like she had a hot potato. I reached in and pulled them out and put them back. She acted embarrassed.

Aspiring Member
    I've only been laughed at once and that was nearly 30 years ago, at a lingerie shop. Even back then I had a couple of lingerie shops that knew me and were more than kind and accepting. One young SA was so nice I'd drop in from time to time just to chat when I saw it was quiet in the store and she was very kind. I was wrestling with gender issues back then just as I am now and she was a good listener and offered good advice. The shop where I was laughed at had something sexy I wanted to buy (I forget what, I think panties, bra and garter set), and was run by two older ladies. Never went back. Vote with your feet and your purse! Another store was a very high end lingerie store where I was encouraged to try things, and they said they had several male customers. Again, very kind and courteous service. Once in a department store when buying a packaged set of panties the sales lady said "you might find these on the big side for you" in a very nonchalant way. She was right. Another department store where I bought a dress, the cashier, very young and pretty, probably read me, gave me the sweetest smile, and sincerely thanked me.

It's 2017 and I wouldn't give the time of day to a place that laughed at me.

Last weekend I bought some clothes at the mall. I was looking at leggings and the sales assistant told me they were one size fits all. I told her they were for me so I was unsure about fitting into them. She immediately told me to go try them on. I had a bra on and my breast forms in a coat pocket so I slipped them into my bra and then I asked if she had any tops to go with the leggings. She then proceeded to find about seven tops for me to try on. Eventually, we found one that we both agreed looked great on me. Sadly we also found two that were pretty but too small.

Banned Read only
    I have never had a bad experience with a sales assistant as well. I do most of my shopping in the juniors department at Khol's - great selection of what I like to wear at really super prices and they give you really nice discount coupons through the mail. Other places I find really good quality clothing at great prices are: TJ Max, Ross, Marshalls, Walmart (which is the place I buy all my tights - Hanes opaque shear to waist for $5.88 - they're fabulous. I also occasionally buy some costume jewelry and I also buy almost all of my makeup and makeup remover there as well and I love their self checkout stations), DSW for boots or booties, and JC Pennys on line for boots, jewelry, panties, and costume jewelry - I have all items shipped directly to the store and pick them up in customer service on the second floor. One other place locally is a consignment shop called Plato's Closet. On rare occasions, I'll find a cool skater or flounce skirt in there.
    Every once in a while, when I go through a checkout line, and I'm buying skirts and tops, the sales lady with say "these are really cute, they're gonna look great on you" and then I just chuckle and say "I think so too, I have quite a few just like these and they not only look great on my, they're so very comfortable as well". Then they chuckle and say something like "buy the way, I have an extra coupon I can scan right now for an additional 20% everything off today!" I say "Wow! I really appreciate that and when you give me the receipt today if there is a survey site to go to and put in a survey on you, make sure to write down your name in my survey and put a note in there to let your manager see my very positive survey of how you helped me so much today and how nice you were to me today!" I always make a point to go to the site that day and put in a good word for the sales clerk!" They don't have an easy job and don't make a pile of money in retail sales so anything I can do to give them some positive feedback is important to me and to them! That's it for today...Oh yeah, I also buy some makeup at our local Walgreens. I have a lady who always does a super job of answering any questions I have and she always gives me a heads up as to the best deals of that day going on in the makeup section...Now that's it for today...thanks for reading my post...Sincerely, Scarlett

The only time I bought a skirt I told the sale assistant I wanted it for a fancy dress party. She didn't bat an eyelid and measured me.