Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest CD Fears

My biggest fear is being recognized while being out on a bad make up day!

My biggest fears?...
    1. Losing my wife's support.
    2. Being recognized. (I am a retired police officer)
    3. Friends (non cops) finding out.
    4. Family finding out.

That the wrong people find out the wrong way
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Being laughed at, not laugh with.
    Friends, associates and family finding out.

I have no family fears because they all know and I just went to a family party dressed and those that had not seen me as such were extremely supportive. I do have some fear that a few friends would find out, but think they would accept. But, my real fear, and it's happening, is that age will restrict me. I currently have a medical condition in my foot that means I will never be able to wear heals again. This changes my look and clothing selection. I am an older dresser, soon to be 75, but do not look it. So I am afraid that my time being Alice is drawing to a close, at least as to goung out. Old agw sucks.

Alice, adapt, overcome, go shopping! Time for a new look, not for saying goodbye...

I suppose my only fear is that my family might think I'm weird, though I doubt it. My kids are all quite non-judgmental. I did tell one of my daughters-in-law that I like nightgowns and slips (I wanted someone to know), and she was quite matter-of-fact about it.

Banned Read only
    I do not want my children and family to find out I'm a cross dresser. I have found too many people are ignorant of cross dressing and would assume the wrong things about dear old dad. I am cautious about venturing out fully en femme. I choose to be an in-home cross dresser. That is my comfort zone. My wife knows, but, is not appreciative. So my biggest fear:

1. My wife will predecease me and I would have to decide how to reduce my wardrobe.

I would not want my kids to find twenty plus Xerox boxes of femme garments in the closet. Maybe it would not be so bad since my wife and I share the same sizes. But, 147 dresses dad never donated? Or the 400 plus slips? And those size 12W and 13 high heels?? My mind is imploding.

Interesting thread ,
    as I drop further into the t/g abyss I think those that know me would accept me more if I came out as total t/g rathr than just a c/d don't know why i feel like this but there appears to be more of an aceptance level on the t/g side these are just my thoughts and I realize there are a lot others here who feel differently

Phyllis, I agree. I feel like gay or TG are all accepted more these days. But as a bisexual I feel less accepted by straights and gays. Only my wife knows I CD, and she is still working on accepting it. Julie

not being accepted that is really it for me...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

My biggest fear:

That unisex clothing will really catch on.

What's the point of being a crossdresser if you don't look any different?

Platinum Member
    Hi Julie, My biggest fear is not being able to dress anymore......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!