Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Others like me who like nightgowns and slips

What's not to like? I only have one night gown and I don't wear it very often. I have more slips and don't wear them that often either. But they are heavenly garments.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Bought a short , mint green, Miss Elaine nightgown yesterday and I'm wearing it now. Slips then nighties were the first items I used to buy back in the late 60's early 70's

I love wearing full slips. When I was younger, I bought a bra slip. that was the ultimate!

Son and wife left town after lunch today and I thought I was going to dress up in full dress...too lazy just threw on a nightgown and panties instead. Very comfortable.

I love long silky nightgown. I wear one every night even during the hot summer night here in Texas.

Yes, love gowns. One thing I don't like, however, is elastic under my pecs. Been trying to find a new gown that is silky without the elastic. Very hard to find nice ones. Currently wear silky, stretchy guy's PJs to bed.

I wear nightgowns to bed every night. I have different colors and length. Favorite colors are red and pink

I love slips, nightgowns, panties AND dresses!

The Amanda Rich gowns sold on the HerRoom site have no elastic. They are loose and free-flowing. I buy the 2X size - the more silky material the better. They are super-soft and light as air. They are a bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion, and they sometimes put them on sale

I am lucky enough to be able to wear satin nightgowns (with forms) to bed every night.

While I do like all the other things. I just love coming home after a long day or evening of being out and about and slipping into a nice satin princess gown for bed. For winter, fleece lined. Summer months, the light nylon. I would be lost without them.

I also have a few satin mumu's or caftgans if you prefer to call them. Which I will wear around the house when I am feeling truly lazy.

I have about 5 icollection satin chemise slips which flow like water and look and feel so sexy. [con- crummy plastic slider clips] I was horribly disappointed to perspire too much when sleeping in them! But I love to wear them on every other occasion I can find!! Getting up and making breakfast, sitting in bed reading, gliding around with the swishing of the wonderful flared hemline-- yummy.
    We are all beautiful...!

When it comes to nightgowns and slips I have a good assortment of both. Most of my slips are full slips (no cotton). Nightgowns are another matter altogether. I have quite a variety of nightgowns in various colors none of which are cotton. I would have to say I wear a nightgown to bed and sometimes during the day. A lot of times I will wear a nightgown, bra, gel breast forms (not silicone breast forms), garterbelt and stockings to bed. When I get up in the morning I may stay that way or change into a full slip and a dress or skirt and blouse and spend the day dressed that way. I never ever go outside the house that way. The only way I leave the house dressed en femme is completely from head to toe everything in between, i.e., makeup, wig, shoes, etc. which is about twice a week. At times it is really hard to find full slips. Amazon carries a brand called Velrose. I also found some good full slips on Amerimark.

My wife knew I wore nightgowns and teddies way before we got married and actually seems to enjoy that part of me. I used to wear then just now and then but the last year or so have worn every night. She's fine with the nightgowns every night and several hours into the morning while lounging around the house. But there's some sort of fine line I haven't figured out yet. Nightgowns are ok, housecoat is less so. Simple shift style dress (let alone a really cute sundress) is over the line. I see this changing as time goes on but I find it a little confusing. Bottom line is I'm thankful for what I've got and am not pushing.

satincandy
    God I love long elegant satin lace trimmed night gowns. I have quite a collection and adding more all the time. I sleep in one every night. I found long slinky satin gowns on amazon that has an over the neck strap. This style is very comfortable during the night. some of the spaghetti strap gowns due give some discomfort during the night.

During the day I wear full satin lace trimmed slips. Velroe are offered in larger sizes and are quite comfortable. these are available on line from Catherine's and Amazon. I also haunt estate sales in older neighborhoods. these are always a treasure hunt for vintage lingerie. I will make an offer for all of the lingerie. If I buy t all it comes very cheaply as most old lingerie does not really sell well at a sale.

I just tell the people running the sale that my wife collects vintage lace and satin works every time. I keep what I want and donate the rest to the Goodwill and get a deduct.

I would love to hear from anyone that loves to wear nightgowns and slips, we would have a lot in common. So as for me married, straight, wife knows, tolerates but does not wish to participate, does not want me around the house wearing. I have to do my laundry when she is out, and keep it put away out of her sight. She never mentions my "hobby" and it seems better that way. Anyway if anyone cares to chat or commiserate please do not hesitate to hit me up, love to find a shopping friend.

satincandy

Quote Originally Posted by satincandies View Post
    God I love long elegant satin lace trimmed night gowns. I have quite a collection and adding more all the time. I sleep in one every night. I found long slinky satin gowns on amazon that has an over the neck strap. This style is very comfortable during the night. some of the spaghetti strap gowns due give some discomfort during the night.

During the day I wear full satin lace trimmed slips. Velroe are offered in larger sizes and are quite comfortable. these are available on line from Catherine's and Amazon. I also haunt estate sales in older neighborhoods. these are always a treasure hunt for vintage lingerie. I will make an offer for all of the lingerie. If I buy t all it comes very cheaply as most old lingerie does not really sell well at a sale.

I just tell the people running the sale that my wife collects vintage lace and satin works every time. I keep what I want and donate the rest to the Goodwill and get a deduct.

I would love to hear from anyone that loves to wear nightgowns and slips, we would have a lot in common. So as for me married, straight, wife knows, tolerates but does not wish to participate, does not want me around the house wearing. I have to do my laundry when she is out, and keep it put away out of her sight. She never mentions my "hobby" and it seems better that way. Anyway if anyone cares to chat or commiserate please do not hesitate to hit me up, love to find a shopping friend.

satincandy
    It seems a shame that some of those treasures end up going to the thrift when there are people here who would be glad to purchase the rejects. Are there any forum rules about buying and selling? Perhaps a private message is in order...

Gownman,

There is a common thread to the replies. Many of us cross dressers started with dressing in lingerie and enjoying the wonderfully sensual experience. I have had a fetish for lingerie all of my life. When shopping as a young person I would always meander through the lingerie section and look at the wonderful assortment of pretty full and half slips, corsets, panties and so on. For a while many decades ago, there were many manufacturers and the designs and colors were outstanding. I have been able to buy lots of them on E Bay but the supply is seemingly dying off. I used to be able to find beautiful Van Raalte slips quite frequently but they seem to be rare now.

Of course I am a cross dresser and I dress fully but it never feels quite right without a slip beneath my dress and stockings attached to a pretty garter belt. I shop at Secrets in Lace as they have some very pretty things but there isn't the variety any more.

I often just hang around the house in a nightgown and peignoir or a robe if the weather is chilly, and I love to just dress up with makeup and wig and stockings and heels and just stay in my slip. The best ones almost look like a beautiful dress anyway. At night I sleep in a long nightgown. I love the classic Olga long nightgowns the best but thank goodness one can still find some very pretty nightgowns in the better stores.

So, you are not alone and you certainly qualify as a cross dresser in my book.

Junior Member pantyhoselvr kendra's Avatar
    Nightgowns, slips, and satin sheets oh my

slips and liners are my second skin. Never go without (at least) one

Call me a cab...ernet!
    I soooo love lingerie...sexy panties, corsets, bras, babydoll nighties. Has been my thing for a long time, until i discovered the fulfillment of dressing fully. Still wear those sexy corsets panties, stockings and bras under, but love looking completely feminine.

I think you are preaching to the converted here.
    Maybe you should have asked who doesn't like wearing.............?????? :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

By now Gownman you will have realised you are not alone in your wish to wear nighties and slips and panties. When your curiosity gets the better of you try wearing a bra. Then complement the underwear with a nice skirt and blouse or top. They way you re talking now shows these will become second nature to you.

I only wear panties, slips and nightgowns, especially long, silky nylon gowns.
    Ha! That's how it starts!

I love nightgown, slips, and panties. Since my wife has known about my dressing since before we were married I have bought a few look alike nightgowns on special occasions. It is so fun to wear them together.