Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pierced Ears and Polished Nails

Pierced Ears and Polished Nails

I am so excited and happy. My wife knows and accepts me cross dressing, and has even bought me a lovely lounger and given me some panties and bra to add to what I already have.

I have wanted to get my ears pierced and toenails painted. Well, I did get my ears pierced a couple of weeks ago. I still only have my cute, tiny, gold posts, and need to keep them in for another four weeks. I got my toes painted yesterday, and love how pretty my toes look now. My lovely wife took me to get a manicure/pedicure yesterday. While there, I mentioned I would like to get my toes painted. She walked away and came back a few minutes later with a very pretty red toenail polish, and said she thought the color was perfect. I now have my earrings in, and pretty, red toenails. I love them sooo much. Have been looking for earrings now for a couple of weeks. Hope to post pictures soon.

Last edited by Karyn Marie; 12-20-2016 at 03:48 PM.

Congratulations, sounds like a blast. My toenails are currently a bright pink courtesy of my wonderful wife.

I have had pierced ears for many years, with no acceptance problems and several earrings my wife had made for me. It this moderen world pierced ears are no big deal. I have had my toe nails also painted for years with acceptance from my wife. If we are going on a trip where I would need to wear sandals or be bare footed I remove the toe nail paint. A small price to pay for acceptance.

My accepting wife gives me a pedicure and paints my nails. The only inconvenience is that I keep my feet " clothed" if people are visiting. My wife wants me to get a pedicure with her at her salon. I have resisted, as I'd want color as part of the process and I can't get there yet. She said there were many males getting a pedicure today and they all had just clear polish applied. The last time my wife and I used the blue I purchased..it was awesome. I'm so envious that she had her feet and hands done today in that blue with some appliqués. Really jealous.

Have not gotten my ears pierced(?) yet! My toenails are a pretty shade of red with gold sparkles from a pedicure! Now about those ears??!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    Pierced ears and polish seem to be one of those gray areas free of the anti-CD taboos. Enjoy your freedom, and have fun looking for and collecting earrings.

One health note while they're healing: one of mine started to get inflamed after a few days, and I came up with a perfect solution. I pulled the stud out, dipped it in a polysporin-type antimicrobial ointment, and put it back in. That killed the infection and helped it heal. It works the same if you happen to experience irritation from a particular pair of earrings after they heal completely.

My polish regimen is two stages. Color on the toes (I love the look through hosiery) and clear on the fingers. I keep my right hand and both thumbs about 1/8" to 1/4" beyond the tips and shaped (rounded point and under-filed) with clear polish that I replace more or less weekly. I'm a guitar player, so the left fingers are just short of the fingertips (calloused, of course) with the same polish. I love the look when I'm onstage of seeing the nails sparkle in the lights. I run a four-way buffing block over them when the polish is removed pending replacement. It files down any ridges and gives a shine that is almost as bright as clear polish (another gray area if you think any fingernail polish is risky in your situation).

A few musician friends have noticed my toes in summer sandal season; almost all women, and they thought it was cool. I used to go with clear in sandal season, but a few years ago I said the hell with it, although I do use a more subtle mauve than the bright red that's on them now. My standard reply is that I consider it good grooming; toenails can be sooooooooo ugly if they're unkempt.

No one's ever commented on the fingernails.

Silver Member
    "My wife wants me to get a pedicure with her at her salon. I have resisted, as I'd want color as part of the process and I can't get there yet."

If you two can make an appointment for the pedicures, ask that it be at the back of the salon at a time when not busy. Then get yours polished too.

Platinum Member
    Hi Karyn Marie, Congratulations on getting your ears pierced, It took me 72 years to get mine pierced
    The past couple weeks 3/16" Diamonds top & Bottom with 1/2" gold hoop in the middle......
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 12-20-2016 at 10:09 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Yes! I got my ears pierced a couple of years ago, and I love it. Especially all the big dangly earrings. They go so well with my bright red toenails and fingernails, not to mention my bright red lipstick!

Congrats! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

My hand is up.
    Red toenail polish on right now (need to remove and replace it; getting old and shabby).
    Full time earrings, 24/7; today: gold hoops. Never giving up my earrings. Never.

Great post , Karyn. BTW.... how's your "girl craft". Time soon to do your nails for yourself. The art and application of paint, make up and the clothing (to me) is all part of the total experience; kind of like slowly pulling a pair of stockings or pantyhose up my legs. It's performance art. Enjoy.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Good on you! Having pierced ears is great and I would like to follow your lead.
    You didn't mention fingernails but don't hold back and get them done.
    I recently had mine done with Gel, a soft pink colour. We were flying to Sydney and going on a cruise so it was really a good test of public reaction. It was all very positive and was a great talking point to make friends.

Reality Check
    My ears have been pierced for a few years now. There's nothing like the feeling of long dangling earrings against the neck. And no pain from clip-ons.

As for the polish, my wife and I get our nails done at the local (Vietnamese) nail salon. They don't speak English to each other so for all I know they are saying "Here comes that gay man again." But, they always kid me about what color polish I want this time. I always get clear. They (and my wife) were trying to talk me into a Christmas color yesterday but I still went with clear.

I don't look at my feet much and most of my shoes have closed toes. If I ever go with nail polish, it will be on press on nails so they can be long and red.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Karyn;

Nothing like having the ears pierced with the long dangley earrings. Congrats, it's great that you have such a understanding wife. I have one too and it is a blessing for sure. Looking forward to the pic's.

God Bless & Merry Christmas
    Jolene

Getting a pedi at a local salon isno big deal. Lots of men get them and a surprising number have then painted. The attendants think nothing of it and will gladly paint your nails with no negative comments. In most cases the response is the opposite, Very positive and a great think to share with your wife.

I pierced my own ears about ten years ago, three holes in each, this past Saturday, I had a pedicure and manicure with hot pink color, had snow flakes put on big toes in white with silver stones in centers, while there had brows waxed also, loved every minute of it. Best part, pedicure was free, after you get 10 pedicures (have card they stamp) the next one is free. I go in fem and never have a problem. Talk and have a fun time when you go, all the lady's want my real finger nails, when they are getting fake ones put on. This is the second year that I have brought a bid box of candy to the salon for Christmas. The only problem about a nail salon is in your head, open the door, walk wright in and enjoy. Every one have a very lovely holiday, love you all. Marshalynn

Got my ears pierced 22 years ago and I love going to the nail salon.

Excellent! I would love to have pierced ears (both my sons do), but I think i might push the boundry too much, as I currently wear bright polish openly! Whole family knows I get my toes done, and go out in sandals all the time. No one ever pays any mind and if they do I dont notice or care. Also, I get positive reactions from the nail techs. With the occasional giggle from the younger ones, but they quickly recover and finish. I find if you own it people have a hard time "taking" it from you. Have fun with your new found freedom! 😊

I have had my ears pierced for 20 years now. My wife and daughter "dragged" to get them pierced after I came out to them. At first I was scared on how it would be perceived but, no one cared. I have also kept my nails polished since then, even when I was in guy mode. My toes were no problem but for my fingers, I gradually went from manicured and no polish, to manicured and clear polish, to manicured to 1/8" and pink polish, to manicured to1/4" and different colored polishes.

I really want to go to a nail salon and get my toes done. I'd be going in drab. I figure while it's still winter I'm going to have my toes covered anyway so no one would know but me. I suspect there'd be no reaction from the staff or other patrons but haven't quite worked up the courage to go yet.

I suspect that nail polish - specially toes - might be a place were we can get broad acceptance pretty easily. It's easy enough to blow of a "why?" question with "because I like it"

July / August of last year I went to a nail salon and my nails done. However they had to look natural for a man. The reason for doing this was the bad shape my nails were in. Couldn't get them looking nice. Would tear them up or had a bad habit of biting my nails. Now my nails look really nice. In January when I went in for a fill-in I asked that everything be removed and my nails done without using any acrylic nail tips. So now my nails have grown out and are nice. I still get them done at the nail salon about every 3 weeks. I have tried to apply nail polish for when I go out en femme. However when it comes time to remove the polish I am unable to remove all traces. I have used Qtips even an old toothbrush but without success. What remains is enough to be noticeable so will not be apply nail polish to my nails anymore. I wish I had done this years ago.

After years of trimming my nails myself I finally decided to go and make use of a nail salon and get a manicure and a pedicure. Although I can still trim my toe nails, the lady at the nail shop does a much better job and the nail are so smooth that I get many, many more weeks of wear from my thigh highs. I have my toenails painted a lovely dark red and the quality of the finish is much better than what I was able to accomplish. I also have my finger nails done but use a clear polish as I have to meet many people whose reaction to transvestitism is unknown to me. However, even though I was a careful nail trimmer, the quality of the finish at the salon is so much higher that it is worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by St Lisa View Post
    I really want to go to a nail salon and get my toes done. I'd be going in drab. I figure while it's still winter I'm going to have my toes covered anyway so no one would know but me. I suspect there'd be no reaction from the staff or other patrons but haven't quite worked up the courage to go yet.

I suspect that nail polish - specially toes - might be a place were we can get broad acceptance pretty easily. It's easy enough to blow of a "why?" question with "because I like it"
    I think that you're right. I've been getting my toes polished for the better part of 10 years.. and always in guy mode. Really, nobody cares. As much as we may think that we're the center of attention, most people simply can't be bothered to look at your feet.

Now that said.. it does depend on the color of polish. Getting a really girly shade (red, pink, or white IMO), will earn your more looks. It just tends to clash with male presentation more. If you're nervous to start, go for something like black, navy, dark silver, or green. Or if you want to be more playful, do a two-tone job in the colors of a local team. It's really no big deal to wear any color you want, but you feel conspicuous in the beginning, so those colors are easier to roll with.

I'm showing my painted toes quite a bit in guy mode, but I do think that your outfit has to be considered. If I'm going to show them, I tend to wear an "athleisure" look - kind of modern and future-ish, Underarmor tee, shorts and running tights. I wear really simple and sleek Havianas flip flops.. the slim women's model in black or silver. This all works pretty well together, especially with silver or purple toes. If you're dressed in a really "dude" outfit with jeans and a polo.. and then you've got bright pink toes and obvious women's sandals, it will attract more attention and probably judgement.

But screw judgement, right? Life's too short!

Have been on the ear piercing adventure since 1980..started with one, added 5 more to that ear over the course on the last 35+ years.I even added to the cartilage, my personal favorite ones. Then I started years later to the other ear..have gotten to 4 with cartilage also (wanted to be different, wanted cartilage to match both ears..) Sadly that one will need to redone, has closed over. I will get back to that sooner than later. Matching them has been it's own project by itself really.. Can't stop now can I?
    As to polish, have been able to get away with it now and then, I am still a performing musician. So, there's my excuse if asked, and interestingly, nobody does...has been dark shades to be "cool" but at least can be done! Just haven't done it lately much, lazy I suppose. Maybe try red one night eh? worth a try I guess...

Awesome everyone... although, only twice so far, I've loved getting a manicure and pedicure. The pedicure was back in November and my wife took me to her nail salon on a Sunday afternoon while football was on the TV. The salon was mostly empty and the staff was very polite and helpful. After being assured by the staff that men do get occasionally get nail polish I went with their suggest sheer pink with a clear top coat. I truly enjoyed the experience! Less than a month later I located a classy salon that catered to men in an upscale high-rise office building. What an experience. A full body deep tissue massage, pedicure spa and manicure. Just loved it - everything and especially seeing my nails so pretty! Jaycee

I've had a mani/pedi maybe 3 times now, 1 time with my wife, 1 time with my wife and mom, and 1 with my mom. (my mom doesn't know about me cross dressing) I am not afraid to tell anyone about getting mani/pedi's because I really suck at keeping them neat. Besides I had the dirty habit of chewing my nails and after I started getting them I stopped chewing my nails. I usually have them painted clear then come home and my wife paints them. Right now I have a rainbow color scheme with royal metallic colors on my toes. She also does my fingernails a solid color, nothing that will attract attention.

As far as my ears I just recently pierced my right ear. I had my left ear pierced when I was 21. After 18 years I wanted a matching earring in my right ear.