Thread: About me

Banned Read only

About me

It started when I was 12 years old, coming home after school, and having an hour by myself to borrow my sister's clothes, as every one here should be familiar with. I continued on, floating around because I couldn't reveal myself to any one. I eventually found a guy who would buy me clothes and dinner, and basically take pictures of me or treat me like arm candy. At 20 years old, I required massive brain surgery for the removal of a bacterial abscess, destroying most of my memory of my life before that point. After staring death in the face for about a week, I decided since I managed to win that battle, I'd come out of the closet before it was too late. Upon acquiring the new information about myself, every single friend immediately cut all communication with me, most of my family now refuses to talk to me about it. My sister basically told me that I'm still worthless in her eyes, my father refuses to talk about it in any capacity. My mother sort of accepted it, but we never talk about it. The only person who truly accepted me was my cousin, who took me out to a LGBT bar literally hours after I told him, but we don't really talk anymore.

At a job I acquired some years after the brain surgery and a couple of heart surgeries, I was able to come out of the closet to some people as I got to know them, but was fired from that job for unrelated reasons. Went to college, but didn't tell any one else because I learned that people generally don't like a TG who doesn't toe the political line of being left wing. So despite making one sort of friend there who majored in the same thing I did, I never told him. A great example of the past few sentences is thus: you guys know I'm bisexual, but he didn't, and one day asked me if I thought the government should allow gays to marry. I responded that government shouldn't be involved in marriage. He basically blew up at that thought and was angry at me for the rest of the day. Now, two years after finally graduating college, I still have no job, no friends, and recently tossed all my female clothes in the trash out of frustration.

I've been to nearly a dozen therapists over the years, but have never reached the point where I felt comfortable revealing to them my bisexuality or transgenderism, and usually got into a major argument with them within 3-4 months and stopped seeing them. Both paid therapists, and one that I visited a lot while who worked for the college I attended.

I spent a great deal of time researching how to transition, timelines, etc., and I formulated great plans. I still mostly want to transition to some degree, and I have decided on how far I'd go if I had a billion dollars and 5 years of free time. But several discussions with people here resulted in people becoming upset with my plans, so I put everything on hold and do nothing for a while (especially since it appears many don't like what I want to do before transitioning). Which is what I sort of have to do any way until I go to another college and finish that degree and get a half-way decent job and financial stability.

So, is that enough information? Happy now? I've stated this all before on this forum. I honestly don't know what any one wants.
    Last edited by GBJoker; 12-21-2016 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Spelling, etc

Hi Gb Joker ,
    I have followed a few of your posts in the recent past,this current post is the most informative one you have written thus far ,in fact it makes all your others look very evasively vague ,I f you are going to expect help from a counsellor you must open up that is what they are for, now granted if the current counselor is too push or judgmental then it is time to move on to a different one ,reading many posts on here from others pretty much sums that up , as far as people go perhaps you need to check out a t/g friendly community where it might be easier to obtain help and social support, and of course meet others with the same common ground as you , again i srtess listen and learn from the more experienced here they have been through it already if you are truly trans gendered (one of the better reasons to find a good counselor) then go with it and don't look back now given your above post --if you have not run everyone off you should get some responses ,granted some will seem rather harsh but so is reality but for the most part their advice is well meant good luck

Ok, here are some questions you need to ask yourself
    Do you agree with the sex you were assigned at birth, yes or no.
    If no, then you are Transgender, period.
    On a scale of 100, rate maleness and femaleness ( ex 40-60, 10-90) to see were on the non-binary scale you are.
    If you are say 10-90 then you maybe Transexual.
    If say 40-60 then you may be just Non-Binary.
    Are you happy with your current genitalia yes or non.
    I am unable to have a conversation without knowing your feelings so that I can relate them to my experiences in order to offer any help.
    I am willing to try.

Peggy Lee

Banned Read only
    Phylis Anne: I'll take your stealth insult in stride. I think I've made it clear I don't open up to people, and therapists tend to be jerkwads anyway, so no point in opening up to them. I've contacted many TG clubs and organizations, and this website is the only one that has not outright banned me from returning. I think it's pretty clear that most people here don't want anything to do with me.

Peggie Lee: I don't have any feelings. The doctors ripped out all my heartstrings during the two heart surgeries I had. As for your other questions, I already stated that I developed a plan for my life, but every time I talk about it, every one gets angry at me.

. gb joker ,
    the remark I made r/e your first posts versus your current one was not in any way an insult ,you say you do not open up to anyone ??well on this post you surely did and that is what people here want otherwise it is pretty difficult to form an opinion and or give constructive advice ,I realize from reading your post you have been through a bit of a mill and the old saying once hurt twice shy really applies and it makes it more difficult to be open with others why is it you feel all therapists are jerk wads ?? is it perhaps you are not being told what you want to hear?? been there and yes it can suck , Peggy Lee said it right go see where you fit, the t/g spectrum is a broad one I have been diagnosed at this point as non binary so kinda a tweener if you will I have to make me fit both sides of the fence ,unlike others who are either total girl in a guy body or total guy in a girl body they at least have a choice so stop by the broom closet and sweep the chips off your shoulders and that friend is something we both do have in common , I make mention to the chips on the shoulder as so far all of your replies are very "barbed" kinda hard to want to offer help when you are snapping at everyone
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 12-23-2016 at 04:00 AM.

joker,
    You continually request help, then insult the people that graciously offer it. You may or may not be trans. But frankly? It's the least of your issues. You will NEVER receive any help from ANYONE till you actually want it. And from every post you've ever made, it's quite obvious that you DO NOT want it. The only riddle is why would you keep posting at all? Is there a possibility that you're trolling us and having a field day while you abuse everyone's better natures?

At any rate, I have yet to see you do anything productive for yourself. Nothing. Does that seem harsh? Your history here speaks to it utterly.

Here's a fact though,..... no one here is capable of helping you. You need to get a Psychiatrist and then entrust them with your very soul. Something you seem by your own admission to be incapable of doing. Considering they're all "jerkwads" and all. But you need to...... badly. If a professional in your presence can't help you, no one here can either. I personally quit answering your loaded queries long ago because I got tired of being spoken to like a "jerkwad". Here's a hint, take a different tact. The one you're following is pointless.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 12-23-2016 at 03:56 AM. Reason: toned down the confrontational part

Banned Read only
    Phylis Anne: That's just how I read your first post. Therapists are "jerkwads" because I can't cuss on this website. But more to the point, they are so because of a variety of reasons beyond the scope of this thread.

Jentay1367: Looking through the past several threads I've posted in, I can clearly see where I've gone out of my way to avoid offending any one, even painstakingly rephrasing questions and statements to avoid using names or pronouns. Yet, looking at the times you've directly responded to me, all I see is spikes tossed at me roughly 90% of the time. This is now the second thread in a row that I've created in which you've swept in and attacked me. First you've called my posts "baiting and senseless" in a thread where I was simply asking a straightforward question, and now you've declared me insane. I don't know what I ever did to you, but I can't change it now. You're the only one with the power to ignore me.

In fact, this is why I have exhibited such hesitancy in sharing information with this forum. If I'm just going to be dismissed as "insane," then why would I seek out that stress?

Gender transition is not a cure all, I sense frustration anger and some fear in your post. I ask what you expect transitioning to do for you. Feeling never go away,they only get buried.

Banned Read only
    I'm not sure where you're reading those emotions... but okay.

Transitioning to the point that I want to go to will allow me to be who and what I am 100% of the time, as opposed to roughly 2-3% of the time. It will create an outward appearance of what's going on on the inside, so any one can look at me and know lots about me with one simple glance (maybe, who knows...).

Alright, here is my advice for what it is worth. I wish you the best on this journey. Please remember Transition does not change who you are, it just allows you to be who you always were.

Transition has several different parts, the first is body. Get healthy and I'm sure you know eat right stop smoking if you can grow you hair to a moderate length start electrolysis or laser if needed get your teeth fixed if needed all these things you should be doing now. Start appearing and dressing as you would like to be. 2. Medical, fine a Endo Doctor to see about starting hormones, depending where you live the Doc may ask for a referral letter from a therapist some Doc's used "informed consent ". Most doctors that do HRT follow WPATH7 standards for this treatment. Just google WPATH to see the standards of care. 3. Social, go out as your true self start small and get comfortable being yourself, come out to friends and people close to you learn to OWN who are. Then there is legal transition name change birth cert. passport.
    I don't care how well you plan this, many of these things are interdependent on one another so you need be flexible and flow with it. Above all seek out local support groups they are the ones that can direct you to Doctors,therapists, legal help and answer your questions.

gb joker ,
    peggy lee just summed up in a nutshell as it were the many beliefs and opinions of members of this thread read and re read what she has posted then proceed at the speed you are comfy with and as others believe forget the world and their thought focus on YOU !! and you will find possibly that a great deal of the fear that we all possess in this situation will dissipate somewhat, be who you really feel you are and lastly thankyou for toning down your replies a bit makes it a lot easier to talk to one annother

Woman first, Trans second
    GBjoker, what is your actual question? What do you actually want us to respond to?
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

Untitled
    So, is that enough information? Happy now? I've stated this all before on this forum. I honestly don't know what any one wants

Why add this as an ending statement? You are confrontational with most of what you post, you appear to have difficulty with accepting good honest and freely given advice.

IF you are open with your questions instead of leaving them either vague or loaded you will get more from this forum than you realise. You appear to want nothing more than to have an argument with those who offer you help.

As you have not asked anything specific and have already "had a go" at some reasonable responses, this thread is done. I will of course refer you back to PMs I have already sent you regarding your postings
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another