Thread: La La Land

La La Land

I saw the movie La La Land yesterday - and found myself wanting to get into those dresses that Emma Stone got to wear!

Lots of blue. I have always loved royal on a woman. I really like the casual short blue one.

Loved her outfits and the opening number all the lovely colors. Or the scene with the roommates.

I've been told by many people- male and female- that blue is my color, so I guess that helped with my reaction.

I love musicals. I'm looking forward to La La Land.

Me too!!! Don't think I'd look as good as she did though. I find myself more and more being attracted the dresses I see.
    jennigrace

Aspiring Member
    Wow! What rockerreds said!

I saw the movie, not just the trailer, and paid particular attention to all of Emma Stone's outfits. Wow! To wear any of those dresses, the blue halter dress that unified the entire movie, the yellow dance dress, the green one, the white one where they danced among the stars, the black and white patterned dress when she returned to the coffee shop, all of the skirt separates, and the finale--the backless ink blue velvet gown! The movie was a musical as well created and performed as her clothes. The missed opportunities and the bittersweet ending were quite unexpected.

Wow! What rockerreds said!
    Last edited by abby054; 01-06-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Wonderful movie. Very romantic, good songs, great chemistry between the lovers. Old-fashioned and modern all at once.

SJW and Proud of It! Christina D's Avatar
    This is too funny. I posted a response about seeing "La La Land" in another thread, "Does Seeing an Attractive Woman Make You Want to Dress?"

Yes, everything Emma Stone's character wears in that movie is something I would die to wear! It was so triggering, in fact, that when I went into the grocery store to pick up a few things after the movie, I inadvertently started walking and using my hands the way I do when I'm dressed as Christina! Thankfully, I went in alone while my girlfriend waited in the car.
    "I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?/What I've succumbed to is making me numb/Oh I'm just a girl, my apologies/What I've become is so burdensome/Oh I'm just a girl, lucky me/Twiddle-dum there's no comparison" - "Just a Girl" by No Doubt

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

I'd kill for that yellow dress!! Great movie, but brought the tears at the end, missed opportunities......
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Mmmm!
    More than just the dresses.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.