Thread: How it started

How it started

It seems from what I read that most CDs started with mom's slips and panties found in the clothes hamper. This is not quite my story.
    This narrative will be somewhat episodic because the events took place only occasionally over many years.
    My earliest silky memory is of being about 7 or 8. My parents were out for the day and I and my brothers were playing in their room. On the floor of the closet were some silky things (slips that had fallen from their hangers maybe, though I don't remember). I picked them up and liked the way they felt.
    The next thing that I recall is being at the house of one of my mom's relatives. I wandered up to the attic, and there was a large poster of a beautiful woman (might have been Kim Novak) dressed in a revealing negligee. I thought it was really pretty, and felt a little naughty for having found it in a place where I wasn't supposed to be.
    Then when I was 11 or 12, I was out on the playground at school. One of the guys I was hanging with had one of those pocket-sized girlie magazines that used to be around in the fifties (like the "Ooh-la-la" mag that Marty McFly finds in "Back to the Future II"). Looking at a picture of one of the models wearing a skimpy little nightie gave me my first ever erection.
    I never played with mom's things. The closest I came was feeling of her silky pink PJs (I have a Vanity Fair set very much like them) as they hung on a hook in the bathroom. They felt nice.
    I have no memories of any similar events over the next several years. What I do remember is that my teenage fantasies always involved pretty girls dressed in flowing nightgowns and negligees.
    Fast forward to my first marriage. My wife and I were having foreplay in bed, and she was wearing a long, loose gown (like a caftan really) by Olga, labeled "pink mist." (wish I could find one like it). She noticed how much I enjoyed feeling of her body through the silky nylon and said something like "Richard, I think maybe you would like to wear my nightgown." I replied something like "Yes, I think I would like that." So I put on her nightie and we had some of the best sex ever. Then from time to time, both she and my second wife indulged in silky nightgown play with me. My second wife thought is was fun and very naughty.
    Since I have been on my own (10 or 15 years now), I have become something of a collector. I read a post from a guy who said he had over 400 slips. Well, that is way out of my league, but I do own perhaps 25 nightgowns (all silky nylon and all but one or two of them long), and maybe 15 slips (both full slips and half slips). I also have a couple of sets of silky PJs, two pairs of petti-pants (like a slip but with legs - I like to wear them under my jeans) and a dozen or so pairs of Vanity Fair panties (silky full-cut briefs).
    So that's my story. I don't want to be a woman and I don't want to look like a woman. I just want to wear their nighties.
    Last edited by gownman; 01-08-2017 at 06:05 PM. Reason: insert missing word

Thanks for sharing! That is fine that you just like to wear nighties! (I wear them to bed every night.) I do not want to be a woman, so far! LOL I would like to look like a woman on occasion. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

That was great, thank you for sharing your story. I was similar; my mother had these pink silky night time shorts and when I had seen them in a hamper I tried them on after feeling them. I had other experiences like that where I wanted to try on clothes but that was on of my defining moments. I think i kept it under my mattress for 2 months. My parents ended up finding me sleeping with it, hehe. That was kinda awkward but it was so long ago.

Yeah, I get it for sure! I like long nylon nightgowns and robes but really have an addiction to vintage nightgowns. I went on Ebay a few years back and bought several Gossard Artemus baby dolls from the 60's. These are all nylon chiffon and are layered with matching robes and they are slippery and shiny and frilly and exquisite. I also highly recommend the Claire Sandra from Lucie Ann of Beverly Hills, vintage and very hard to find and very pricy but these are the vintage chiffon gowns that Lisa Douglas wore on the TV series "Green Acres."

Great story and accepting wives not bad...too bad it ended.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

i was born

Interesting read. I am glad you found.what you like to.wear.

Silver Member
    Not that it's a controllable situation, but it sounds like you have a preference that's easily managed. It need never leave the bedroom, so there's no risk of your being outed at a bad time. I'm mentally ready to be out to the world, but my wife doesn't like attracting attention, so she still wants me keep my dressing at home. If I were into nighties only, our lives would be simpler.

My story is just a bit different---in that I don't recall EVER being interested in my mother's things-----somehow at a very early age I wore my sister's shoes out in the yard; when she took them off, I put them on......I think this was about age 4 it is possible that as a toddler I likely would try to walk in my mom's high heels as any young boy often does-----her regular job was a shoe saleslady in a prominent downtown Oklahoma City department store during those early years----my sister was 21 months younger than I.... Later at age 6 I definitely recall walking to the home of the lady who babysat us during my year in first grade where my sis was all day---this was now in southern New Mexico there was another girl there the same age as sis (L) who I recall distinctly was named Betty Ruth. She usually wore black patent flats and always took them off and both her pair and my sister's were always under the edge of a coffee table in the front room. When I got there after school I would put Betty's shoes on as a regular practice. I remember also during that year that the sitter had 2 older granddaughters that came around to visit her once in a while. If I was 6 they were probably at least 10 or so, and I kinda think maybe they were twins. One Saturday I think it was about midday they had decided they were going to dress me up as a little girl. I was a very quiet kid but inwardly I remember being thrilled and wanted it a lot. But before they were able to do anything the plan fell thru because they were called to "quit playing, girls, we're leaving now" by their mom. I showed nothing outwardly but inside I was hugely disappointed. there is quite a few more things to share about my early years but i'll find another place for those parts
    I should mention that my mother was about 4' 10" while my dad was 6 feet or maybe even 6'1. in succeeding years as I was able to practice my cross dressing when no one else was home ---I was sick a lot and mom would come home from work at lunchtime----I quickly found that most of mom's things were too small for me, especially her shoes, while for many of those growing years I could wear most of my sister's things, and there were a few times I discreetly would lobby at Halloween to dress up a a girl every few years

Thanks all for the kind words. I do agree that compared to what many of you deal with, especially those who are not "out", my life is simple. I would imagine that it is difficult both psychologically and logistically to fully dress and keep it a secret. I used to be on a site called "Experience Project", and one of the guys there was almost exactly like me, just wanted to wear nightgowns, yet he was seriously conflicted because he was not out to his wife and felt shame and guilt about his love of nighties. He thought he was weird, even perverted. I wrote him a couple of posts assuring him that there is nothing shameful about liking the delicious silky feel of a lovely gown (or a dress or a bra or high-heeled shoes, if that is your thing). Some guys like to fish, others like to wear nightgowns. The only difference it that we nightgown guys have to be a bit more discrete about our hobby, because for some reason (What is the reason? Beats me.) men are not supposed to wear silky, lacy things. For me it is easy. I feel no guilt, though I rather enjoy feeling just a bit naughty, and I am even out in a small way (one of my daughters-in law knows). I live alone, so I can lounge around all day in my gowns, as I am doing while I write this.

Aspiring Member
    One of my older sister's dressed me up as a girl. Then I would get caught borrowing her stockings. For punishment one day when I was around ten I was dressed as a girl and taught to do housework by my mother and two sisters. Later in my late teens I confess to the sister that dressed me up as a girl when I was young that I liked to wear pantyhose under my jeans. Whenever I was left alone in the house I would always go into her room and dress as a woman. A few times I was caught by her she never told our parents. Our parents went out of town on vacation and I would go into her room and help myself to her matching bra, panties and a full slip. She made me buy them from her that time and I would proudly wear them in front of her whenever I got the chance. Later on she moved out, I was still living at home parents went to Florida for a couple of weeks I called in sick and stay dressed as a woman all day by then I was buying my own clothes. She came by one evening to check on me she knocked on the door but by the time I got to it she was getting into her car, I called out to her but when she seen me dressed as a woman she left. She came back by about an hour later and I was still dressed as a woman, she came in and asked if I wanted to talk, I did I said I wanted a woman to woman talk and she said we can never have a woman to woman talk. I often wish she would have taken me out that evening shopping as a woman.

Call me a cab...ernet!
    I was 11 or 12 years old and had 2 older sisters and I vividly remember seeing one in a leopard print bra and panty set one day. As the day went along I couldn't get the bra and panty off of my mind. A few days later I went into her room and opened her panty drawer and found a cute pair of pink bikinis. I was nervous as I held them in my hands then ran to my room, closed the door and tried them on. I was immediately hooked. The feeling of the material and the knowledge that I was in female clothes ignited something that had been tucked (no pun) deeply inside me. My "borrowing" of sister's intimates continued until I was old enough, and courageous enough to buy my own.

Aspiring Member
    My earliest memory is of wanting to feel and see mom's nylons and girdle. Didn't really matter if she had them on or not. Probably around 10 or 11, I started to sneak into my parents room and look for moms girdles, eventually trying them on and hooking up the garters. As a teen, I eventually bought my own, daring to shop at a store where hopefully no one would recognize me. After marriage, I wore one of my wife's panties when I had none clean (this could have been planned), and I eventually started wearing panties full time. It grew from there to bras and outer clothes. Now I wished I had gone to full dress sooner and wish I could do it over again, spending more time out and about dressed as a woman.

For me it started around age 5 when ever I went to the store with my mom and sister while most boys would run off to the toy dept I would go to the lingerie dept and that's were my mom and sister would find me looking at and feeling of the bras and panties then one day I was almost nine I went into my sister room she was 13 I helped myself to a black bra and a pair of black panties I wore them I know for a little over a month I would wash them when I took a shower then one day my mom discovered I was wearing a bra my sister said he also is wearing a pair of my panties mom said boys don't wear them she made me take them off but about two weeks later I helped myself again to one of my sisters bras and a pair of panties and about a month later mom discovered I was wearing them again my sister never said a word but she new my mom asked me why I was wearing them I said I like to she ask me a couple more questions I told her I would not stop she then said she should have know from all the times she found me in the lingerie dept she then said if I was going to wear bras and panties I would have to buy my own so I had twenty dollars saved up from allowance money we went to the store I pick out two bras and two pair of panties I had to walk them up to the register and pay for them my mom then made me tell the sales lady they were for me I am now 53 I am still just a underdesser and I still wear a bra and panties everyday