Thread: Running skirt

Running skirt

For ages I have been attracted to running skirts. I'm a runner and always admire those girls that wear them. About 6 minutes months ago I bought one for myself.
    This week I finally got up the courage to give it a try. I went and did a couple of mountain climbs in guy mode but with the skirt instead of my usual shorts.
    What a great experience! Not only did it feel great, I actually preferred it to the shorts in a practical sense.

On the first climb I passed a family with a number of young kids. I was still sitting at the top when they reached there. They sat down near me for some lunch and I overheard one of the children ask "why is that man wearing a skirt"?
    The mother responded with "Some people like to wear what they feel comfortable in. I think it's very nice and brave"
    It certainly made my day.
    Get out there.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Glad you got out and did it. That mother should be given an award for being so open. I have been thinking of a tennis skirt myself.

Hugs
    Jolene

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I've got one as well, not a runner but a walker. And what a great answer by the mom.

I second that motion to give the mother an award.

I agree about the mom. There's hope growing in our world.

I have a plaid miniskirt that I wear to the beach. Very liberating and relaxing.

I even wore it, in guy mode, walking around Provincetown this past summer. Turned a few heads. I had fun with it.

Very cool. I saw a blog post recently about a runner who made her own running skirt out of old race t shirts. It was super cute and colorful since it had come from so many different shirts. And yes, that mother rocks.
    If you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That is awesome! Very positive experience.

I've never been the one that wanted to incorporate any femme-wear into my running/workouts.

But now that I think about it, hmm.
    I already have a couple of Utilikilts I wear out in public.

Thanks for sharing, Angela!

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I just have to say, go mama,go!! Do not run so do not need a running skirt!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Crossdresser
    Are running skirts the same as golf or tennis skirts? I can't stand mens shorts that go down to the knees. They're useless for running or stair climbing because the sweat causes them to stick to the thigh. I have womens running shorts which I much prefer over mens, plus the bright pink color is nice.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I have a whole collection of running skirts. I wear them while exercising on the treadmill, or working out on the Bowflex. I love the way they feel on my legs as I walk at a very brisk pace. I have cute racerback tops to match most of my skorts, as well as sports bras and socks. It gives me the incentive to work out...love the outfits!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

That was nice mother and it sounds like you enjoyed it. Very nice.
    Part Time Girl

So glad you had this experience! If only there were more people in the world like that mother.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyasia View Post
    Are running skirts the same as golf or tennis skirts? I can't stand mens shorts that go down to the knees. They're useless for running or stair climbing because the sweat causes them to stick to the thigh. I have womens running shorts which I much prefer over mens, plus the bright pink color is nice.
    I too admit to being very confused. I have a collection of skirts/skorts that could be worn while playing golf, tennis, or other active en-femme activities.

Are skirts designed for running different in some way? Are the pockets designed to accommodate water bottles beyond that for extra balls? (Tennis, you with other thoughts.)

Aspiring Member
    Love the story! I too run. I bought myself female black running pants and female warm top with hoodie in dark grey. The design is clearly for women but other than pink Logo it is dark grey. I change at work for my runs. colleagues saw me and no one made comment. I feel very happy to run and have girl time at the same time.

Reality Check
    I have never heard of a "running skirt" so I am left to guess. Please explain.

The only time I'll be running is if a bear is chasing me and I only have to run faster than whoever is with me at the time.

Thanks for the kind responses. These are skirts designed for running. Actually mine is a Skort as it has built in undies.
    The fabric is designed to wick away moisture.
    I bought it from Lorna Jane which is a women's sportswear chain.

IMG_3019.jpg

These are supposed to be the next greatest thing in female Activewear. No personal experience with them other then I see alot of GG wearing them.

http://sweetspotskirts.com

I didn't know the term "running skirt" but after a quick Google search I find I have at least 3 that would qualify.
    They are my skirts of choice in hot weather.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I can attest they are very comfortable and a joy to wear

MMMM, Maybe this will give me motivation to start running/walking. Might start once the weather warms up at home.

kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

I've tried running in skorts and skirts but I can't overcome the chafing. It's just not practical for me.

Jeanie, I suggest trying a pair of lycra pants under a skirt.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela010 View Post
    Thanks for the kind responses. These are skirts designed for running. Actually mine is a Skort as it has built in undies.
    The fabric is designed to wick away moisture.
    I bought it from Lorna Jane which is a women's sportswear chain.

IMG_3019.jpg
    Any skirt that short needs "built in undies". It looks like a "skort" to me. My wife wears them sometimes. "Skort" is a contraction of skirt and shorts and that's what it is. A combination skirt and shorts.

If I were to go out running as Krisi, I would be wearing tights and a longer top. If I were to go out running as Homer, I would be wearing shorts in warm weather or jeans in cooler weather.

At my age, running is bad for my joints. Walking works better for me.

They're just so hot looking ! Both on the GG's and on me ! (At least I think so) ��