Thread: Time to check in!

Time to check in!

Hi everyone. It has been a long time since I have posted a thread. I check posts once in a while but life has been busy and I think I needed to step away for a break. My brain needed to let go of constant banter about whether I or someone else is trans. I do keep up with a few ladies from here regularly in a different way.

I just wanted to say that yes it is difficult to transition. Standing up and saying your truth to the world will stretch you to your limit. It also teaches so many great lessons. I think the biggest one I face every day is that I am not the center of the universe even if I am in the middle of this great transition. I am still a parent and a spouse. It is very difficult to maintain balance given the enormous self examination needed to attempt this. Often I have been self centered as I was driven to climb that mountain.

Physically I am almost back to myself. My SRS and BA was May 13th which seems like a lifetime ago. The Estrogen has kicked in and I feel somehow satisfied. Things just seem right now. Warning, this has been accompanied by a 25 pound weight gain. Thank God I had just run Boston 3 weeks before surgery. I will be running another marathon in August and training begins in ernest after Christmas.

I guess I just wanted to say hello and that yes there is life after transition. I have paid a great price and it is worth it. How many times in life do we get to concretely say that? I have attached a picture of me and my son today. He continues to maze me and teach me acceptance every day!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life Is One Big Dilation

You're awesome
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

So happy for you Suzanne!

You look beautiful and happy. Thanks for hanging around as long as you did and mentoring the people here the way you did. . I know these forums can be a trial and you really contributed a ton through your transition. I certainly got lots of useful help from you. Have a happy holiday season Suzanne!

It looks like life is going your way, Suzanne! You took that big step and have managed to come out with a loving family. I know you could have done without the weight gain, but you'll work that off and be back to marathon shape soon. Thank you for looking after Kris and Kim while Kris was having surgery in your area. It was greatly appreciated by them and a very kind act on your part. Good luck as you and your family move forward!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

It's good to hear that you are doing well, give us an update from time to time, happy holidays.

Hugs, Bria

Merry Christmas on the other side. May you and your family have so many more.

Untitled
    Suzanne, this forum will here whenever you need to pop on, but as you have highlighted, life does go on, just along a different path. During the journey we all doubt what we know and hide from the unknown, but once you pass over each hurdle, it takes you closer to being the real you.

The ladies who have transitioned don't need this forum, but they return with tales of what it is really like on the other side, eventually those who follow look and realise that whilst it is good to be scared, others have gone before and have survived, you are one of those survivors who take the time to share their life.

Every journey is different, but yet the same, enjoy your live in the real world, you have worked for it and deserve it.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Gold Member
    Love you lady!

Hell-o Suzanne,
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    And 25lbs??? That's just more of you to love.
    Cute pic.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    I'm really happy for you! I guess you finally made it. I'm on my way!
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

The best of everything to you and your family, Suzanne.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Lookin good girl, miss you.
    Happy Holidays,
    Rach
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

Hi Suzanne,

Am so very glad things are working well for you, which is very deserving after your incredible journey.
    Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy 2017

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    So very happy for you. Best wishes in the New Year to you and the family
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

I'm so inspired by your story...thank you for sharing w/ us...and I'm so happy that you're doing well!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

You look fantastic! Here's to a great 2017!
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)