Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugh! While at my inlaws, my wife just stumbled across picks of me dolled up

A couple nights ago, I again asked my wife if I may shave my legs...just to be sure I heard her right the first time. She again said yes...and rather nonchalantly...I was so happy and quickly had a tub bath, shaved my legs (it took me more than 30 minutes to remove the hair) and moisturized with lotion. My bare legs feel and look great!!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Banned Read only
    Question. Just how hairy are your legs? As I have stated in some threads I have no hair follicles on the back of my legs and very fine almost non-existent hair on the shins. No need to shave. Zero underarm hair too. My son looks like a hairy ape. I don't know where those genes came from although his natural grandfather's gene pool is not fully known.

Is it just an issue of the act of shaving your legs? Or would this really set the stage for in-law speculation or confrontation? At the beach I see a lot of totally shaved men. Some women love hairy guys. Some love clean shaven guys. None love their men in between because the stubble is irritating when intimate. Without going through seven pages on this thread to find the answer "Why does your wife not want you to have hair free legs?" Do you shave other parts of your body such as chest and back and underarms or forearms. I know when in public I would prefer wearing a long sleeve dress to hide my forearms. It would look rather strange if you were at a gathering with baby smooth legs and hairy arms and chest/back. That would raise eyebrows. Better to shave the entire body and project a new male image.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Question. Just how hairy are your legs? As I have stated in some threads I have no hair follicles on the back of my legs and very fine almost non-existent hair on the shins. No need to shave. Zero underarm hair too. My son looks like a hairy ape. I don't know where those genes came from although his natural grandfather's gene pool is not fully known.

Is it just an issue of the act of shaving your legs? Or would this really set the stage for in-law speculation or confrontation? At the beach I see a lot of totally shaved men. Some women love hairy guys. Some love clean shaven guys. None love their men in between because the stubble is irritating when intimate. Without going through seven pages on this thread to find the answer "Why does your wife not want you to have hair free legs?" Do you shave other parts of your body such as chest and back and underarms or forearms. I know when in public I would prefer wearing a long sleeve dress to hide my forearms. It would look rather strange if you were at a gathering with baby smooth legs and hairy arms and chest/back. That would raise eyebrows. Better to shave the entire body and project a new male image.
    Stephanie, my legs are (were) very hairy. It took about four passes of the razor over every square inch of my legs to produce smoothly shaven legs. You are quite fortunate to have mostly hairless legs like yours. My wife doesn't so much personally care whether my legs are bare or hairy. Rather, she's concerned about what others would think. As much as I'd love to shave my chest and arms, they are hairy. I do have to wear long sleeved and relatively high necked attire since only my legs are shaved. I agree with you...I need to work toward a completely shaven body

Hey Nikki! Don't know if it would make it easier for you, but I ended up buying an electric hair trimmer off of amazon for about $10. I went over my legs with that first and then used the razor. It ended up cutting a whole lot of time and ended up helping with razor burn. The first time for me felt great for an hour before the burn set in. It was brutal. The hair trimmer worked wonders for me!

I also use an electric hair trimmer for the first pass. Then I shave my legs changing the razor blade several times. I shave using hair conditioner. Then I use an epilator on my legs and parts of my stomach.

This has worked well for me. Don't forget to moisturize.

Samantha and Lea,

I do have to admit the truth...I have an electric hair trimmer but consciously decided not to use it for several reasons:

1) I did want the hair removal to go slow...I enjoyed every minute of time it took to rid me of the unwanted hair. I knew I was done when the razor start to "squeak" against my hairless skin.
    2) Our house isn't all that big and I was concerned that if my wife heard the trimmer going in the bathroom she'd change her mind about allowing me to shave and rush in and tell me to stop
    3) Lathering up my legs with shaving gel and taking a razor to the legs one sweep at a time is enthralling
    4) I wanted to save on electricity (just kidding)
    5) I needed the practice with a manual razor...I hadn't shaved my legs in over a year...practice makes perfect and I've already had to reshave my legs a couple times since the initial "defuring"
    6) My hair trimmer is electric and not battery powered...didn't want to electrocute myself in the tub...and shaving in a tub of warm bubbly bathwater is a must!
    7) I didn't want to lie to my wife...I asked her for permission to shave my legs, not trim my legs...lol

Nikki

For a few days after I shaved my legs, my wife said for me to let the hair grow back. Despite her request, I thought I'd continue to shave and see if she would persist in asking me to stop shaving. Interesting and happily, it's been two weeks since first shaving my legs and she hasn't pestered me to stop keeping them silky smooth. We've even gone out in public together with me wearing shorts. No one has said a word or paid any attention to my bare legs. Hopefully, my wife will get use to my legs and let me keep them hairless for as long as I like...keeping my fingers (or should I say my bare legs) crossed!!

Oh well...it was nice as it lasted...my wife is insisting that I grow out my hair again until the fall

Welcome back to the "hair club"
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

not funny Samm...not funny at all!

Always being the optimist, you managed to keep them smooth quite a long time, so in the fall perhaps you can keep them hairless for 6 moths, baby steps Nikki...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Read only
    Lauri K suggestions could lead to Divorce Court.
    Try scheduling your wife for an all out makeover and clothing/heels for at least one night to calm her feelings of you looking better then her.
    Try a MAC pro makeover

Nikki, I feel your pain! A few months ago I shaved my legs and my wife flipped out. I do run a hair trimmer over them and keep the hair short and she is ok with that. She also worries about what people will say.
    I though it was funny because we spent a few days with friends from out of town. One of the guy wore shorts and I quickly noticed his legs were shaved but never mentioned it. After we left I asked my wife if she noticed and she had not. We spent three full days with them, he was in shorts the whole time and no one mentioned his shaved legs!

I would agree that most people don’t notice. We notice when other men have shaved legs (or at least I do) because it’s something we’re more conscious of. I wear long pants and sleeves more than I used to, but more for sun protection than any other reason. In just over one year I’ve had one person comment.

Quote Originally Posted by biancabellelover View Post
    I would agree that most people don’t notice. We notice when other men have shaved legs (or at least I do) because it’s something we’re more conscious of. I wear long pants and sleeves more than I used to, but more for sun protection than any other reason. In just over one year I’ve had one person comment.
    I agree 100%.

A little over a year and a half ago I began the process of having all my body hair removed by laser. Like Nikki's wife, my wife was mostly fine with the idea, her only concern being what other people would think. My reply was that I don't care what someone I don't know thinks. Then I pointed out that a male member of our extended family doesn't have any hair on his legs. (son-in-laws uncle). The funny thing is, she has spent way more time around him than I have and she never noticed.

Our daughter and the aforementioned son-in-law, who live in Austin, have stayed with us a few times over the past year while they were in town. I wore my normal at home clothes, knee length shorts and a tee-shirt, and made no effort to hide my smooth legs. Neither of them noticed, or at least if they had they didn't say anything.

Nikki, I get that you and your wife have a relationship built on respect and honesty, hopefully she will soon realize it's no ones business but yours whether you have any hair on your body.

If I might make a suggestion, spend some time doing a google search for photos of men on the beach. I think both you and your wife will be surprised by how many of them don't have any body hair.

My laser technician tells me nearly half of their clients are men. I go to a Medi-Spa for my treatments and they just opened their fifth location, so they have a lot of clients...

I agree that these days a ton of men have smooth bodies and I think women are just about split 50/50 on smooth or hairy

Silver Member
    Dear,

Quite frankly, it's probably not about shaving per se, but rather why you are shaving. My wife has been complaining about the shaving as of late, but then almost every "hunk" shown in the movies is now bare chested. When I point that out, she says that they are OK because they have a great 6 pack. Then she complains that skin feels like a plucked chicken. Well that would depend on the last shave date, and waxing vs shaving, but it is a rationalization. Her REAL complaint is she doesn't like cross dressing because she doesn't like crossdressing. Period, no discussion.

Fortunately, for whatever reason, my hair isn't growing back very well and since my hair is light in color you can barely see it. But, certainly, my legs feel rough which isn't nearly as pleasant as when my legs were completely hairless and silky smooth.

Nikki, please don´t be offended by my question, but, aren´t your wife being a little selfish??

I read all the thread and it is always "she doesn´t like this, she doesn´t me to do that" an so on.

When will be your time to do something you like, to do something you want to do just because it pleases you??

A wedding is a two way relation, where you give up something and she give up something. I understand that she doesn´t like your dressing, but that can not be an excuse to control your life and you body.

If you like to shave, do it, don´t ask. It is easier to apologize than to ask permission!!

Today, no one cares if you shave. I am almost like a monkey (and my family and close friends know it), but when I shave, nobody even noticed it!! Even a female friend said she doesn´t like it when man shaves, blah, blah, blah but she didn´t notice I did it!!

Please, don´t take me wrong.

Cheers,

Patricia

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    I am now careful to the point of obsession. Each time I dress is now carefully planned, and the clean up done with military precision. But there's always something that could trip you up....
    That reminds of me soooo much. Carfully well planned in advance dress up time, military precision with the clean up. Cant wear wig anymore since my gf discovered a long hair that was not her color on my pillow once. Have to hide and encrypt data on my phone since she's good with computer.. the apps p-calc is not good by the way, if your wife can looks at the installed apps list (or itunes on your pc) its easy to go to the apps description and see what is the special hiding feature of the calc... shes asked me.. why do you have a calc that can hide stuff... and off course.. show me the stuff.

On the other hand, i feel like a sexy spy in heels when i can live my double life. The wife is way too good at finding clues.
    Last edited by Nef; 05-10-2018 at 08:23 AM.

I have zero photos of me en femme. I once took a picture but deleted it 5 min later... super detailed not to be outed...
    “Hatred only breeds more hatred.” -The Invid Regis

“We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest... trying to figure itself out”. - Delenn

Hi Patricia, I don't any offense to your question...yes, my wife is a bit selfish but I can understand where she's coming from. Presently, she is mostly convinced (but she is softening up) that others would care if they saw me w/ shave legs. But, given that I've been wearing shorts and its difficult to see my hair as it is growing back and I've not had anyone bothering to notice or saying anything I think my wife is beginning to appreciate that no one cares about my legs. Just this weekend, I was visiting several of her relatives and wearing shorts the whole time. My legs look hairless (certainly don't feel hairless) and not one person said a word. I think over time my wife will see that keeping my legs shaved year round will present not a care in the world to anyone. Staying sensitive to her feelings, and knowing her apprehension while she has grown in her acceptance of me as I express more and more of who I am (one complicated person), I'll take things slowly one step at a time. This approach is working for us. Nikki

No problem Nikki, each one of us have our time to make things work.

Body hair is a funny thing. I have A LOT of body hair (and almost nothing on my head), and the first time I shaved, I was impressed that nobody noticed. So, I saw that the fear was just in my head. Even my closest friends didn´t noticed.

Today, I shaved my legs, with a razor (I really want to try the wax) and it is a wonderful sensation.

Hope you can keep yours shaved.

Cheers,

Patricia

Nikki, i would be tempted to ask your wife if she really has a problem with your shaved legs, or if it is why you shave them that is the problem. I suspect the later. She doesn't sound like she accepts your dressing, but barely tolerates it. I believe you are in that strange place where you wife feels like she is in competition with another woman, that happens to be her husband!

Pumped...I think you're right or very close to it. Ever since my wife stumbled across some pics of me, she's refused to see any more pics or see me dressed. She complains occasionally about my weight loss and slim figure. And she lets me know that she knows that I keep my weight down to wear bodycon dresses which she abhors for herself. And she knows all about my big drawer of makeup and she wears so little makeup herself. And rarely, if ever wears a dress. She uses the excuse that she's overweight...she's a little overweight but not at all that much...and she'd look wonderful in a dress. What am I to do? I don't know?