Thread: The dreaded shopping spree

Junior Member Samantha Sometimes's Avatar

The dreaded shopping spree

Why is it that I can never buy just one dress or one pair of heels at a time? As soon as I see something I like I go on a spree! Dress leads to heels leads to make up! It's so expensive (but wonderful) Do any of you girls have this problem?

SJW and Proud of It! Christina D's Avatar
    That, my dear, is the effect of the pink fog--the moment that the desires to shop and spend outweighs logic and practicality.

I've spent more on women's clothes and makeup in the past month than I have on guy's clothes all of last year!
    Last edited by Christina D; 12-24-2016 at 12:52 PM.
    "I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?/What I've succumbed to is making me numb/Oh I'm just a girl, my apologies/What I've become is so burdensome/Oh I'm just a girl, lucky me/Twiddle-dum there's no comparison" - "Just a Girl" by No Doubt

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

Platinum Member
    All the time. Except I'm an e-commerce buyer. But, it can be worse since I do not have to muster the courage to peruse the racks of bras and panties and lingerie as well as the dresses. An Apt 9 sweater dress just arrived yesterday and I'm following another dress on eBay. Just received some pantyhose and stockings as well as seven Vanity Fair panties. Fortunately, our finances are well in balance.

I buy whatever I can find when i can find it. It's funny, before My SO was on board with this, I would find all kinds of things I would have loved to at least try on and now I have a hard time finding anything worth a look, let alone a purchase. I have been there though, last year we went to the mall right after I got my tax refund and I swear I went nuts. I bought two wigs, two new pairs of heels, a dress and most certainly a lot of pantyhose. Hey if you have the money to go nuts every once in a while, why not?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I find it a bit exciting, of course I'm not sure how I would react running into someone I knew.

Silver Member
    It gets better. When I first got comfortable with shopping, I would gratefully buy anything that fit. That led to some really bad outfits and expensive ones too, since they are now all at Goodwill in as-new condition. With some expert help from a number really great sales ladies, I have learned where my sweet spot is, and why it works on me. Now I only pull the trigger when it looks amazing on me. Saves me a lot of money, but I still spend the same amount of time playing dress up. Lol. But that's OK because it's fun! That's one big reason why I never shop on line. It takes too many failed try-ons to find that one piece I can really love.

I went into one new store last spring to see their new arrivals. The staff had never met me before, but were welcoming. I found a dress I was interested in and I asked for a fitting room to try it on. No problem. When I came out wearing the dress, the SA was quick to tell me how nice it looked on me. I wasn't so sure. I told her it was a 7 out of 10 so I would be leaving it behind. She replied "7 sounds pretty good to me". I felt like she was more interested in making a sale than in really helping me. I rarely go back to that store.

Platinum Member

So What's The Problem ???

Hi Samantha, So what's the problem, That is what being a lady is all about......

~~~~~MERRY CHRISTMAS~~~~~
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Amazon has definitely taken it's toll on me because of impulsive shopping. 1 dress usually turns into 5 dresses and a set of heels. <3

yes I shop for stuff!!!
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Junior Member Samantha Sometimes's Avatar
    Haha it is so much fun!!

Yes and I'm even more guilty now the xmas sales are on. I don't need anything but I've already bought 8 dresses, 1 skirt, 1 pair of shoes, 2 vests and a bra. I might not need them, but I really want them and all bargains of course!

Shopping for girl clothes is almost as much fun as wearing them!
    A girl can never have too many dresses

Shopping is never bad

Samantha, it's not only you. It would seem that very rarely I can go shopping without buying several items at once. Although at least they are the clothes I have always wanted, I can spend fortune on such a spree. For example, few weeks back I just wanted a make a new office outfit and was looking for a pencil skirt. That lead me to discover a cocktail dress I wanted in summer on a sale but couldn't find it at the time, that led to buying ankle high heel boots followed by a pair of over the knee socks, 4 pairs of patterned tights, a poncho, a long cardigan, a wrap skirt, and skorts. But I did buy the pencil skirt actually...

Am I in the pink fog? Or maybe sales will be my downfall one day... I've got really comfortable with shopping for myself in guy mode. And I must agree with Sarah, shopping for women's clothes is so much fun!
    Last edited by Lucy23; 12-25-2016 at 03:24 AM.

Banned Read only
    Samantha,
    I only shop when I'm going out socially, if I'm happy with my choice I will only shop for accessories , I limit my budget so I need to shop around. If I feel I have nothing to wear I have to consider what the weather will be like and shop accordingly.

Maybe try shopping like a woman and not like a child in a sweet shop ( candy store ). If you have too many clothes the ones you have begin to lose their value, I have a limited range but remember what it was like to wear them and how I can change the look with a different pair of shoes or accessories. That's how most GGs will do it .

I always hated shopping with my wife. We would go to a store and it would take me and my son all of 2 minutes to find what we needed but we would be at the stores for hours waiting for my wife and daughter to finish. I thought that a lounge or bar would be a good idea so the husbands could kick back while the wife shopped. That was before I could purchase all that pretty stuff for myself. Now I would love to go to the store especially with her. I so much want to go shopping. I need so much and want her help to pick out what would look best. She is beautiful and has a talent for picking out things that look awesome.

A shopper needs to be experienced. I couldn't help but notice that some items appear to be almost as cheap brand new in the store as second hand. The inexperienced shopper like myself might however be comparing apples to oranges. Maybe the inexpensive new one is cheap and the second hand one is a top brand. I wouldn't know. I want some experienced person to help me pick out clothing. I don't know when or if my wife will do that. I am hoping I can get her to the store on Wednesday.

Banned Read only
    Billy,
    I've often joked with SAs that when they build shopping centres they should build a male creche , so the poor guys not enjoying the experience or non Cders can go and have some chill out time before they find out how much the wives have spent !

I must admit my wife keeps an eye on me now so I don't linger too long in the female section.

To get to know what the good brands are and what style may suit you try Oxfam Online, they list all the top brands and usually have several pages of their items. They will ship Worldwide but even if you don't shop with them you may get a better idea .

I've grown to like Coast, the black cocktail dress in my avatar is one of theirs , it cost me £14.00 from Oxfam , I also have a lovely black satin skirt and a strapless evening gown all for a fraction of the original cost.
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-25-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Samantha, there isd nothing wrong with helping the economy.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Absolutely, makeup, lingerie, shoes, clothes, pantyhose, assorted bedtime enhancement devices. These all lead me down the spree rabbit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina D View Post
    That, my dear, is the effect of the pink fog--the moment that the desires to shop and spend outweighs logic and practicality.

I've spent more on women's clothes and makeup in the past month than I have on guy's clothes all of last year!
    I hear you.

I did three months of temp work earlier this year. Since retiring four years ago, I've lost 35 pounds (in girl terms, from size 18 to size 14) so my former work casual clothes were now property of Goodwill. So a trip to Costco and 10 minutes of thought I had two new pairs of Dockers that sufficed for my return to the work force.

On the other hand, I made five trips to Nordstrom, tried on 50+ dresses, and bought four, even though I don't get to wear them often--not to mention the money on makeup and a new wig.

The ratio of money spent on girl stuff to guy stuff is at least 5 to 1 and more likely 10 to 1.

But I sure love the way I look in the dresses a whole lot more than I do the Dockers....😄

Reality Check
    Shopping is a lot like crossdressing. You need to control it, not let it control you. That's apparently something you need to work on.

To answer your question, no, I do not have that problem.

Billy,
    I can relate to that! My wife still hasn't recovered from the occasion, several years ago when she took me shopping for a new suit and it took me less than 30 seconds to determine that the shop had nothing in my size that I was remotely interested in. She didn't even have time to set down her handbag! When shopping for dresses however... I can browse and play dressup for hours!
    Having a hard time resisting Roman Originals at the moment!

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    I think we are all guilty of that. But I try to limit it now, if I find a dress I like,
    I think is it different enough from what I already have (no more sweater dresses LOL) ??
    Also do I already have shoes that will go with it ?
    But sometimes you just can't help yourself. Shopping for girl stuff is more fun !!
    Hugs
    Samantha

All girls have this problem! As the brother to 3 sisters, the father of 2 girls and the husband to 1 woman and a CD myself, I absolutely know that all girls have this problem. Why do you think there are twice as many women's clothing stores in any mall than men's stores?
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Unlike male clothing, female clothing is not designed to be purchased one item at a time. At the very least, you need to buy a complete outfit! And if there's a big sale, one outfit will never, never do.