Thread: New clothing

New clothing

I've just bought a my first bra, but I'm unsure whether I got the right size. It feels a little tight. Do you have any tips and advice as I don't really know whether it's positioned right?

Did you do any measurements before selecting it? Bras are a pain. What kind did you get?

It's a padded push up, 42 C. My chest size is 42. Took me a while to figure how to put it on lol.

LOL I am sure it won't be the last female attire item you have trouble figuring out. Welcome to the forum. The great folks here will help I am sure. Or you can join those of us who learn through trial and error.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I agree that that may not be the last problems with the female attire that you will have. You should tape you entire body and put your vitals in a document that you can work from.
    Part Time Girl

Thanks Teri Ray, that means a lot. I'm just starting to experiment. I'm using a pair of socks to simulate the bust.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I will do that, thanks Dana44

You should not have indent marks after wearing 30 minutes. If so, either get a bigger size or bra extenders. Note bra makers are not precise, a 42 can be a 40 or 44

Most likely it's the wrong size for you, unless you have genuine C cup very firm breasts when you measured. Your male chest size does not equal the bra size, that would make it something like 5 inches too tight, so that explains why it feels that way. You measure just below where breasts (would be) and add four or five. Here's an online way to measure: http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fas...your-band-size
    Of course, like all women's clothing, numbers don't matter much if whatever it is, either doesn't look right or is uncomfortable. Women curve in different proportions, in different ways, and their clothes are always form fitting (and often non-stretchable) which is why they have to spend so much time trying things on.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Ahh that makes sense. I measured above where the bust line is. Thanks sometimes_miss

If need be you can get extensions that go on the back that add 2 inches to the band length. I recommend this only it is a bra that you truly love and can fill with you or something else.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I don't know why but I am very desirous of owning my own wedding gown.
    I know that I need a size 22. I am pretty sure that that size is a bit large but I know how to do alterations.
    When my wife was alive, we were very active in Modern Western Square Dancing, I would make all of our family's dance out fits.
    Did that sewing for 36 years. That included making the puffy 50 and 100 yard petticoats and fancy underpants, the women wore under there skirts and dresses.
    Also made my two daughters and son's outfits. Some were even featured in magazines.

Once my wife, daughter #2, Son, and I, were photographed at the National Square Dance Convention and used in 1995 on the front page of the Birmingham, AL Sunday paper.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 12-24-2016 at 06:25 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I'm working my way up to wearing an outfit

Okay, so I've been wearing this bra every night for the past few days and I'm getting used to it. I guess it was just strange at first as this is my first time. Yayyy

Just Google it; there's plenty of info regarding bra fit. Be sure to read a number of sites so you get balanced info rather than just one persons ideas.

The best bras I own are so comfortable I have to remind myself I am in one. When they itch, pull, twist or just plain don't sit right they don't last long. Straps with some elasticity help alot.

I personally feel that the bottom of a standard bra should pass across the base of your sternum (in other words pass over or fractionally above the hollow at the centre and bottom of your rib cage)...

For me, I am 37 inches on the tape (tape pulled to a confotable tight), however, I have a 36 bra that fits, I gave a 38 bra that fits, but, I also have 38 bras that don't fit... the safe method is that you add 2 inches to your measurement (in my case 39) and rounding up.

Looking for cup size, the alleged easiest way is the position yourself in the floor in a hands and knees position and measure across the fullest point (so that the tape is touching and not loose, but, not tight) 1" is A cup, 2" is B cup, etc...

Shoulder straps should be tight enough to contain, but, not so tight as to pull the bra off the rib cage hollow)...

it is understandable that you might feel it awkward to put a bra on ---- after all as former guys we were programmed to get girls out of them

Bras are supposed to be tight. I use a chest measurement about 2.5-3 inches below my nipples, without adding anything, and it's just right.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Unknown, I take a 36B, even though my chest is slightly more than 36 inches. Found that out more by trial and error than anything else. As Tracey said, a good fitting bra should be so comfortable you almost forget you're wearing it. Oh, a trick I used to use was a combination of small water balloons, about 4-5 inches diameter combined with something like an old pair of tights, It gave a good 'feel' and a bit of weight and bounce to the boobs, found that works better than socks and virtually no cost involved.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Platinum Member
    Welcome to the forum. Finding the proper size for any female clothing is a chore. First, in general terms go to the website of any large retailer or clothing manufacturer and find the charts and tutorials for measuring different garments. As Sometimes_miss explained it sounds as if you measured wrong. Most bras have three rows of hooks and eyes to accommodate some differences in band size.

Since you are working yourself up to an outfit, which I am assuming may be a dress check out those size charts. Also do some research on the stated fabric of the dress. Some dresses have absolutely no stretch which means it will fit like a glove or strangle you. My choice of fabric always includes some percentage of spandex or other stretchy material.

I would have to agree with phylis anne, it just felt awkward at first as this is my first time. But since I've been wearing it for a few days now I enjoy wearing it, it happens to be very comfortable.

If you were filling the cups with real mammary/ adipose tissue and very sensitive (milk producing) nipples, the fitting of a bra would require far more artwork and science. We don't have the same functional requirements for a bra. For men, this isn't rocket science, and should be no more difficult that finding a good fitting t-shirt.

The advice on this thread is excellent. There's a host of CD sites that "talk you through" bra fitting; and most of it is common sense. The rest is pretty much determining how to fill the cups, the desired size of fake boobs, making cleavage, creating a look. Cosmetics and fashion.
    Don't get me wrong. It's possible to make a bad buy out of the gates (too tight maybe?), and end up wearing something uncomfortable. Size it according to your chest circumference as advised.
    I got very lucky with my first bra purchase; a common cotton Playtex living bra; 42B. I bought it a couple inches smaller than my chest size. It didn't have any hard wires or parts. It was perfect; so comfortable I wanted to wear it all the time (not possible). And it holds a "load" admirably; from rubber falsies to water balloons.

Part of the fun is the discovery.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.