Thread: A little depressed

A little depressed

I think I have said this before, but Sundays are usually the day I get all dressed up and enjoy the day, since my wife has to work every Sunday for 12 hours.

My normal routine is get up and eat breakfast and wait for my wife to go to work. Yes my wife is supportive and she never says anything about me dressing I just don't like be dressed in front of her all the time since she isn't 100% thrilled with me dressing. After she is gone if I have to run any errands I put on my women's jeans and usually a woman's shirt and run my errands, then I will come back home and soak in a nice bubble bath. Then I will get dressed and lounge around the rest of the day enjoying the clothes I am wearing.

Since today is Christmas and I had invited my kids and grand-kids over for an evening meal, my thought was to get up early and get in the shower and then put on a dress while I am preparing the meal and cleaning the house. I made a comment to my wife a couple days ago that I wouldn't be able to dress today since the kids were coming over, unless I did it early in the day. And her comment told me I better not. She told me it would be sacrilegious for me to be dressed on Christmas. I know I have been in a pink fog lately and have been wearing something girly a lot lately, so I am sure that is what made her say that.

So after my wife left today, I had no desire to dress. I did get up early and started getting things ready for tonight's meal, but I was not dressed . I figured I would get dressed after she left, but I had lost the desire so I didn't. After my shower I did put on my women's jeans and I will wear them the rest of the day but I am sure that will be all I do today. I might slip into a nightgown before I go to bed, but at this point I don't even see that happening.

So now all I have to do is peel the potatoes and cook them and get all the dishes ready for us to eat off of but I have lost all the Christmas spirit.

I want to wish everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas

Enjoy the food and family!

Sorry you feel down on this special day. If you dress, I can't see it being sacrilegious.
    Last edited by Nigella; 12-25-2016 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Religion is a no no

Sorry you feel down. I am single and all of my family live hundreds of miles away. I wish I could be with them today.

Merry Christmas. This Christmas I dressed and we are cooking our dinner. Have been outside and the wind is strong. It seems like a spring day here. Try to get the Christmas spirit. My SO says that after the gifts are open the day is a big letdown. LOL So try not to be blue.
    Part Time Girl

This day holds a lot of different feelings for us all. As she has been supportive throughout the year and you are still wearing women’s jeans, rejoice in her support and don't feel shamed by her comment. She has just requested, in not very understanding terms, her desire to not have you wear what you may have chosen to wear.

Be with your wife and family and have a blessed Christmas.

Reality Check
    If you don't set aside certain days to dress, it won't feel so bad when you miss one. In other words, if you can dress whenever you want to, missing a day won't make you feel bad.

I didn't dress on Christmas day, we have places to go and things to do. I didn't miss it.

I don't know about the whole sacrilegious thing sounds like she has some preconceived ideas that makes her be uncomfortable with you dressing ? I do hope you had a great Christmas though with your kids and grand kids ! I presented as male to my kids and grand kids and had a great time .

Thanks for everyone's support!

Christmas went well, except that my son was 45 minutes late. 6 kids under the age of 6 in a small house was a challenge but we got through it.

I know I am lucky that my wife supports me so I should take her comment with a "grain of salt" and just go on. Like I said I did wear my women's jeans after my wife left and I wore them the rest of the day.

When she came home I was already in bed wearing a nightgown and a bra and even though I don't remember her crawling into bed with me I guess all is well in my house.

Trying to wrap my brain around your wife's assertion that some how "crossdressing on Christmas is sacreligious.". I love Jesus through and through, and I've never heard a word from Him about the clothes I wear.
    Many a time, in fact most of the time, I'm in a dress I feel quite Divine and Heavenly; closer to my soul in many respects.

Merry, Merry Christmas.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

SJW and Proud of It! Christina D's Avatar
    More to the real point of this topic, I'm glad to hear that everything work out for you by the evening. :-)
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-27-2016 at 01:23 PM. Reason: no religion, especially specific religious stuff
    "I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?/What I've succumbed to is making me numb/Oh I'm just a girl, my apologies/What I've become is so burdensome/Oh I'm just a girl, lucky me/Twiddle-dum there's no comparison" - "Just a Girl" by No Doubt

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

Banned Read only
    Anyway, I think Happilymarriedguy's wife was expressing her disapproval of cross dressing on a very holy day and put a total damper on the day. I'm in a DADT marriage. If I were the wife in Happy's marriage I would have bought him (that's intentional) a sexy nightgown and panty to wear to bed.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-27-2016 at 01:24 PM. Reason: no religion, especially specific religious stuff

And Christina. You are adorable. You have a look that I can only envy and never able to duplicate. Love your pictures and your story.
    I am cheering for you girl. Even if you never fully transition, CD is a very real part of you and your soul. I know. Been there and denied that. You are still a young 'man' and dealing with this. At least you have come awareness. I was totally lost about "it" when I was your age; and it took me decades to sort things out.
    Be confident. Reach that point where you can proudly (and with control) Be Who You Are with comfort and grace.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-27-2016 at 01:26 PM. Reason: no religion
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

So in the same vein, what does the wife's sacrilegious mean? You will never know until you discuss it. But remember a wifes perception is not a single view, but a range of views and depending on what's going on, the expressed view will change. Suggest this is not an issue that is good to discuss in a high emotional impact time, like during Christmas, but would be better discussed during a low stress period, like the end of January. Our close ones are all different. Some can handle long conversations about this kind of stuff. I have found that because this is important to their understanding of themselves, it is best to restrict to one to 5 sentences and then drop for awhile so they have time to fully disgest comments.

It's a great sign that she is still sharing bed with you, and it might be wise to make a new years resolution to map out a discussion plan and see if you can move from DADT to all, to DADT to all expect for wife, but share the intimacy with wife. A private, intimate sharing just between the two of you can be an extremely powerful expression. Think about it. We don't know enought about your unique situation to know if that would be good, but it is sure worth doing some thinking about. Who knows next Christmas could be euphoric.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-27-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: no religion
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Reality Check
    "Not to turn this into a religious debate, ....................."

And how did that work out?

Put a hundred people in a room and ask them what religion means to them and you'll likely get a hundred different answers.

The way I look at religion is, you believe what you believe and I'll believe what I believe and as long as our beliefs don't call for us to control or harm each other, we'll get along just fine.

Banned Read only
    So far I have not seen much of a debate going on. I haven't seen any postings to this thread or any other thread that has survived reviews by a moderator concerning pros and cons on the entire issues of wearing clothes of the opposite sex. I have read many many threads and comments where the poster is obviously conflicted between what I think is a natural urge (not a choice) and how the person was raised, religiously and ascribing to societal norms and customs. I would expect, if I ever went to read other anti-cross dressing sites damnation and sexual problems and aversion therapy and such.

:moderator note: FAQs state that the following is not allowed
    Religion of any sort, no exceptions
    We have allowed laxity in this when religion, when discussed as broad generality can stay but quoting religious texts or posting YOUR interpretation of religious doctrine will not be tolerated. Refrain and repent all ye who post here. This thread is close to being closed down.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,