Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is she?

For what women have went through to get to the point of even being able to wear pants or vote i say let her be. If us gurls want it to be fair for us to wear womens clothes in public it will not be easy and will probally take a long time .In the mean time have fun and do the best to accept yourself and make those changes if you so desire
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I don't think she's a crossdresser. Society looks more favourably on women wearing men's clothes than vice aversa. This means that women feel they can wear men's clothes and they don't have that need or desire that I think most of us have here. Women simply don't think of it as crossdressing.

Technicaly if we go by definition of CD then yes she is crossdresser. But by the same definition 80% or even more gg's are crossdressers. What is different, is point of view on case FtM and MtF cding. Sadly...
    And I must post this pic it got point
    412b9d3e9896c6fb32a9e610d261c67d.jpg
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley090 View Post
    Technicaly if we go by definition of CD then yes she is crossdresser. But by the same definition 80% or even more gg's are crossdressers.
    One question, is the "GG" on the left wearing an actual suit made for men. If so then technically yes could be viewed as such. Problem is that some manufacturers do make female clothes styled like male clothes. I do know one on-line that admits to CD and wears a suit very well. But she does not go for a full on male look.

Not sure how one example gets a 80% or more of "GG"s are CDs. Seldom see many "GG" wearing "men"s clothes. I do see sometimes see Butch Lesbians occasionally wear "men"s clothes. I even dated one for a couple of years back in the 70s-90s, she often wore "men"s clothes. She did not consider herself as a CD, and never thought she identified as a FtM TS.

This does not include some of the FtM TS that I meet and like MtF TS not really CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Julianna View Post
    But it is another example of the inequity in standards of what is allowed for women but not allowed for men.
    Not necessarily. Read on.

It depends on how you define "crossdresser". Is everyone who wears the opposite sex clothing, with no intention to appear masculine (for girls) or feminine (for boys), a crossdresser? My dad needed compression on his legs after heart surgery and he found it was cheaper to buy women’s tights with spandex than the stuff they sold in medical supply stores. Is that crossdressing? And we have so many stores that are unisex now … girls and boys wear the same Tshirts, pants, sandals, sneakers. Are they all crossdressing?

I think the defining characteristic is a person’s intention. Do they intend to look more masculine (for girls) or more feminine (for boys) than how they believe is customary in their environments? Of course not every crossdresser aims to pass completely as a woman - we do have several members who present as men wearing dresses. But, the intent is to go outside the bounds of what is considered gender appropriate in their environments.

Does your daughter wish to make a gendered statement when she chooses her clothes?

So if there is no gender statement - no gendered intention behind your daughter’s decision to find loose pants with large pockets and loose, comfortable shirts, then this doesn’t sound like crossdressing to me.

And it works both ways.

If a guy found that all the men’s jeans were too loose on him and he preferred the skinnier jeans sold in women’s stores, I wouldn’t consider this crossdressing either, because jeans are jeans. Or if he found a great Tshirt in the women’s aisle and they didn’t have it in the men’s, I wouldn’t consider this crossdressing because Tshirts are Tshirts. So many of the clothes are interchangeable now - I’ve bought men’s sandals because they didn’t have my size in women’s. And khakis and polo shirts look similar on both sides of the aisle. So unless a person feels a sense of well-being for no other reason than the fact it was bought on the other side of the aisle, it’s not crossdressing.

I think it takes an obvious jump into opposite sex clothing (like bras for people who don't have breasts), combined with an intention to wear opposite-sex clothing for no other reason than it is opposite-sex, to be considered crossdressing (… or underdressing when the goal is to purposely wear women’s underthings just because they are women’s).

Last, I’ve noticed among many young people that they want to depart from the idea of having gendered boxes for clothes and haircuts. They see both sexes as being equal in all aspects of their lives, and it makes sense there should be sameness and equality in their clothing as well. I think it’s rather refreshing.
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-20-2017 at 01:55 AM.
    Reine

Probably not. As Reine said, it depends on the intent. Perhaps she know why she chooses to wear those clothes. Perhaps she has not thought about it / figured it out yet... Either way it does not matter.

It kind of depend on intension, agreed my two cents "Jeans example" - this is realy acceptabe by society in both ways. But it cant be applied to all pieces of clothibg in way "i wear opposite gender clothes bcs i like it more or it fits me better or they have my size." There are many pieces of woman clothing that i wanna wear and only reason is bcs they are better looking/I like style more/ they ara more comfortable and not bcs they are in woman part of clothing store. Still, most is just point of view Why men wearing a kilt isn't crossdresser?
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

that has been a discussion since cross dressing first began. "Why can girls wear guy cloths and guys not wear girl cloths" I guess the answer is you can wear what ever you like. Does your daughter try to pass as male? If so I would say that makes her a cross dresser Same for a guy does he wear a dress, like a kilt or does he wear a dress and a wig and try to pass as a woman. I think that is the difference
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Julianna View Post
    She's not. But it is another example of the inequity in standards of what is allowed for women but not allowed for men.
    Yep, that's my take too. Just an example of the asymmetry. There's a whole category of clothing that's culturally taboo for us, and a lot of the ones who are allowed to wear it as part of a full casual and dressy wardrobe don't much care to do so. That, and a lot of GGs like to wear things that are less revealing, clingy, sexy to keep the creeps from hitting on them.

Then there's real pockets. Ever tried to put your keys in the front pocket of your girl jeans, let alone a wallet in the back?

Now, if she wears her hair real short and swaggers and doesn't shave anywhere and gets into real masculine role emulation, probably an FtM CD...

Reine, Thanks! Your explanation helped a lot! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    No, not crossdressing. In crossdressing, I think mostly one is attempting to present as the other gender. Your daughter isn't as far as I can tell.

As for the supposed double-standard. There is no double-standard. Men and women are different. Thus the signal being sent by an article of opposite-sex clothing can be completely different for men and women. I know a gorgeous, tall woman, wife of a friend, who wears men's shirts, but she still strikingly presents as very sexy and feminine. I'm not sure a man wearing a dress, and making no other attempt to pass as female, can pull off "masculine" as effectively as my acquaintance. Except perhaps Corporal Klinger

You're welcome, Lana Mae!
    Reine