Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is she?

Is she?

My daughter identifies female. She wears female panties and socks with female sneakers. Her pants and shirts are male, she says they are better with larger pockets and just fit better not clinging etc. She has no desire to be a male. Is she a crossdresser? She does not ID as one but... Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Well girls do not crossdress, they just took a claim for the male clothes and still look feminine. But in old times they did crossdress and was found out sometimes.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    By our definition she is an over dresser. It's a double standard.
    Sara

Lana, change the gender in your post and it would describe many of us here, except we would dress all the way down to the undies!

Over dresser, lol. Good one, Sara.

This is going to get bloody isn't it. Moderator note: This in not to become a whiny thread. It is not to become a flame the GG thread. By agreement on this site, NO she is not a crossdresser, she is a woman who wears things that are fashionable and common for her gender.

One definition:
    A person who dresses in clothes normally only associated with the opposite gender. A man who dresses in womens clothes is a male to female (MtF) crossdresser, a woman who dresses as a man is a female to male (FtM)
    crossdresser. Note the bold words Normally associated with a gender, this on the female side is narrow...what article of clothing is associated with being a man that women do not wear NORMALLY? And are they presenting as a man would?

I expect this thread to be short
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would say no she is not.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I've struggled with this aspect of how women dress and how it's no big deal, yes it does seem as if it's a double standard for
    us who dress, but if you look deeper she's not going further ie wearing a beard( insuret wig here) she's not trying to walk
    manly or in general blend in as a man. So no she isn't but with that said for us men who choose to present as women I've
    always felt it just makes sense to do so if we are going to be in all female clothes otherwise we just look silly just my opinion. Not to say I do wear and blend my female with my male wardrobe at times

She does not ID as one...
    Then she is not. It's really simple.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Nah , she just likes boys pants . I think that is what she said ? I like to wear my men's bomber jacket when dressed as Mindy . Is that because I am a trans woman, who although presents as a woman , and was born as a male, is a crossdresser who double crossdresses as a Mtf crossdresser cross dressing as a male . Nope , I just like my bomber jacket .

I know I am in a silly mood but yea

Platinum Member
    Hi Lana Mae Now if we could just take a page out of the girls book and just wear what we want and OWN IT......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Interesting thoughts but she sounds just like a normal girl ,as to her choice in pants I agree ,I weara 40 mans but a 18-20 womens which I like better as the girl jeans accentuate my caboose but like your daughter feels the girls jeans just don't get it for pocket space

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not worth commenting on. Lorileah said it all!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    She's not. But it is another example of the inequity in standards of what is allowed for women but not allowed for men.

OK, so she is just a tom boy. Enough said Thanks for your replies. Thanks Lorileah for clearing that up for me! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Just let her be who ever she is. Appears very close to the norm, based on our daughter, for what that is worth.

I think she is just being herself my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Reality Check
    Why don't you just ask her if she is a crossdresser?

First of all who are we to comment on what someone else wears. In the big sceem of things it doesn't truly matter what anyone wears in the end we all will wear the same thing. No matter what we wear or what we like we are still the same person. So I like to wear women's clothes I'm still the same person on the inside in male or female clothes .So just don't worry on it and be happy . no one said everything in life is fair.. JMO

She is A PERSON...AN INDIVIDUAL

Like many people, she is not classed by what she wears.

To quote a certain television show from the 60's: "I am not a number, I am a free man"
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

Banned Read only
    Lets be fair to both sexes, if a man wears a bra he is a crossdresser, only one item qualifies; if she wears any piece of male clothing she is crossdressing and is a crossdresser????????

My daughter wears whatever she wants , she displays femine and wears mostly girls clothes...my wife was worried she might be gay or whatever...i could care less. She is what she is , she appears to like boys and dresses more girls at 16 but you never know she might like girls. Again, so long as she is healthy I could care less...she seems happy to be her..
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by LeighR View Post
    ...no she isn't but with that said for us men who choose to present as women I've always felt it just makes sense to do so if we are going to be in all female clothes otherwise we just look silly just my opinion...
    Aye, and there's the rub...and also the crux of why an arcane concept such as "crossdressing" even exists in the first place in today's world. "Who" is it that decides what are appropriate garments or footwear for men or women to wear? Just who are these folks, and by virtue of what authority are they acting? Who elected or appointed them? Did they consult any of us to determine what our thoughts on the subject might be?

And why was it perfectly acceptable for men in the 16th and 17th centuries to wear powdered wigs, make up, high heels, stockings with their knee-high breeches, colorful embroidered jackets trimmed with lace, and elaborate feathered hats etc. - but today, not so much? In fact, much of what they wore back then would be considered flamboyant or "gay" by some people nowadays, and an easy target for their derision.

Back around the turn of the last century, it was quite common for boys up to about the age of 5 to wear dresses (or, alternatively, short pants) and it was considered to be a big deal (and something of a rite of passage) when they finally graduated to long pants. Around the same time, pink was regarded as a strongly masculine color as opposed to being associated with the female gender as it is these days.

So what happened? Who decided to pull this switcheroo when it came to male and female clothing, and why? Yes, I can see why women often prefer pants over skirts and dresses from the standpoint of practicality, but the other stuff is purely a fashion choice that the mysterious who (and their agents and/or purveyors of social norms - "society") arbitrarily decide to impose upon us from time to time for no better reason than that they can, and we "sheeple" generally are too timid to go against the flow.

And if the argument is that GG's just naturally look better in traditionally "female" attire because of their innate curviness and hairlessness and that is why a non-passable crossdressing "man-in-a-dress" presents such a jarring visual...well, that's just sexism and a matter of social conditioning as to what is "acceptable" and what is not, and is not cast in stone. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder it is often said, and many GG's these days - particularly the plus size ones and ladies of color - are starting to push back strongly against the fashion industry's out-dated concepts of what still constitutes the gold standard of beauty these days...very tall, rail-thin, and generally Caucasian and blonde GG's exhibiting bored looks and vacant eyes. If anything, this should embolden us to question conventional standards of beauty as well, and why a man cannot look just as good in a floral dress and heels even if he is sporting facial stubble, a square jawline, and has a pronounced Adam's apple as well as a receding hairline.

Speaking for myself, I am starting to no longer consider that what I do as "crossdressing" in the way it is normally understood. "Cross" generally means "contrary", "in opposition to", or "against the grain" etc. If most women nowadays abhor wearing skirts, dresses, pantyhose, and heels and opt instead for pants, baggy tops, flip-flops, runners, and "menswear" in general, would it then not be fair to say that by wearing my traditionally female clothing this puts me in a separate, unique category outside of the typical male/female binary? Can we therefore argue that "crossdressing" is actually dressing androgynously or in a unisex manner, and that it should therefore no longer be stigmatized the way it is? Hmmm...

Reality Check
    Let's get real here. It has always been permissible for a woman to wear certain things normally made for men. Not a jockstrap of course, but pants and shirts. Even hats.

You can argue all day long about whether that's fair or not, but it is reality. Farm women wear pants. Female factory women wear pants. Female trades workers wear pants. They are more practical for physical work. Shirts?, yep, most men's shirts have pockets. More practical except for large breasted women.

A female who binds her breasts, packs an artificial penis and wears a jockstrap and men's outer clothing might be considered a crossdresser but not a woman wearing pants and a shirt.

Again, get real.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Lets be fair to both sexes, if a man wears a bra he is a crossdresser, only one item qualifies; if she wears any piece of male clothing she is crossdressing and is a crossdresser????????
    Totally agree. Of course she is a crossdresser as she is wearing an item of clothing of the opposite sex.

Lets not start moving the goal posts to suit. The only thing is no one questions it and that's the difference.