Thread: Some Happy News Headed Into 2017!

Some Happy News Headed Into 2017!

A lot of the news these days is bad, sad or shocking. Well I was a victim of some happy news today at my quarterly check up with the OB/GYN that is handling my HRT. The Doctor was a tad late, but she greeted me with a big smile and a hug. I had my blood work done last Thursday, so she had the results and was pleased. I told her I was happy too. 21 months on HRT, my E is running at 160 and my T was almost negligent at a paltry 10.

Her biggest question was how I felt. I told her I couldn't physically feel any better and the mental side is doing pretty good too! She said I should feel that good, as my numbers would be appreciated by any GG out there. That was some very happy news!

Since my personal relationship with my wife is stable now, I will be trying to keep things as they are for now. We are still DADT, but Heidi will always be here inside and my chances to present as Heidi will present themselves, such as meetings like Keystone.

As I walked out the door, the Doctor gave me a hug and said we would go to only 3 visits a year and keep my drugs as they are. She said she'd also look into going to Keystone this spring.
    What a great way to cap the year and head into a new one!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

great news Heidi and congrats to you!!
    your avatar shows just how happy you truly are
    paula

A very sweet win!
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day

That is very excellent news Heidi, looking forward to seeing you again in March

Heidi, it is great to hear about the good things that are happening in your life.

Awesome! (And I totally envy your T number. )
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

How do you get numbers like that and still have a DADT relationship? Surely your wife has noticed the changes.

My wife has noticed the changes, Cheyenne. She knows I'm on HRT and that I dress and go out as Heidi when not in her presence. What I do not do is talk about Heidi with my wife unless asked. She does not want to see photographs of Heidi or anything Heidi does. She does provide me with opportunities to express my self, but around her, I am the person she expects to see. Yes, I do have breast developement. She has commented on it. But I have pointed out several times when we are out, especially at the beach, how many men my age have bigger breasts than I do. The biggest difference is how my attitude and behavior has changed. I'm calmer, more caring and show more emotion than I use to. She says she likes this part of the change, though she still does not want to see the other parts.
    And since a loving marriage is learning to compromise for your mate, I stay in male mode when around her. I know this goes against the normal transgender path, but I love her so much to keep things as they are. I have always said if she dies or leaves me, I will totally drop my male side and live as Heidi. But as I posted, I'm happy the way things are now and so is she. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Heidi Stevens; 12-28-2016 at 06:09 PM.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Congrats Heidi -- I have noticed in your posts that your look has been becoming more feminine. I wasn't sure if you were on HRT or not. Now this confirms it. I have thought about starting hormones, but I know my wife would never agree to it, so I don't think that will ever happen. I think I am looking more for the mental stability than the physical changes. Thanks so much for sharing, I think it helps many of us deal with our own situation.

Hi Heidi! Glad to hear your happy news, but sorry that your wife is still not ready to see Heidi, but I understand, being in a somewhat similar situation. My wife is OK with seeing Bria when I get ready to go to a girls nite out and to see Bria when I come home, but definitely does not want to be seen with Bria. She did go with me to a Pflag fund raiser and met some of the girls that I see at girls nite out, and was comfortable with them (I was in drab).

Happy New Year, and I hope to one of these days to get you to KC!

Hugs, Bria

Banned Read only
    Heidi,
    So good the results came back near perfect and no changes are needed.

I was surprised to read your are on hormones in a DADT situation, I didn't think that could work it's very encouraging to hear that and thanks for sharing with us, It's given food for thought for my situation.