Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cougars and Junior Cougars?

OK I'm in, 71 here .....so cougar... I guess - when I dress I feel much younger.....................Debra

Based upon what I just read, I am an older cougar - I am 78. Fortunately, when I present as a woman, I seem to paSs for younger, thanks to make up and hair!
    Hugs, Carole

Aspiring Member
    Better a cougar than a codger. I seldom see a photo of my male persona that isn't pretty depressing. I'm pretty sure I don't "look" 68, having recently been to my 50-year high-school reunion (some of those people got OLD!), but my late father's nose, the thinning hair on top, the profile I despise; sigh. As a testimonial for taking care of one's skin and eating right, I notice that my 67-year-old sister looks considerably older than I do. I was a very late bloomer in terms of puberty and maturing, so maybe that extends this phase of life as well?

Now, as for the other one, some of my private photo shoots are mostly keepers. Those days when the look and the makeup and the hair are just right and the illusion is complete. I think she could pass for 49 in the right light. Other days fall into the "needs work" category. From these experiences we learn.

I feel encouraged, 70 here, tho wife say's not many age lines, full makeover does wonders, waiting for that chance again. jenny craig also helps

I'm definitely not "on the prowl" so wouldn't be considered a cougar regardless of my age. I'm told I don't look my age (69) nor do I act it, or think much about if for that matter. Looking younger isn't the goal when I dress, feeling good and looking feminine are. The feeling good part is easy, it's the looking feminine part that I struggle with.

Karen

coming up on 69 in just over 2 months.:hugs:
    Angie

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

comingup on 69 in just over 2 months.

At my age 66, I may be considered a cougar age wise. I always get many that don't believe me when I give my age, men and women, and take that as a compliment.

BUT
    "(see also hunt, prowl, corner, pounce). Noun. A 35+ year old female who is on the "hunt" for a much younger, energetic, willing-to-do-anything male. The cougar can frequently be seen in a padded bra, cleavage exposed, propped up against a swanky bar in San Francisco (or other cities)waiting, watching, calculating; gearing up to sink her claws into an innocent young and strapping buck who happens to cross her path. "Man is cougar's number one prey"."

I am hardly on the prowl for much younger prey. In fact I don't consider much younger men that desirable. I have found many within 10 years less or more quite nice. Maybe SEX isn't my only requirement. I have seen too many are looking for a mommy type.

So I would see where few in this forum would be considered that. Except maybe in their own minds.

More older men are seeking younger women than the reverse.
    Male cougar, "a male who is between his 30's and 40's, I would think that true well into the 70s, who gets much younger women. A male cougar is also called a rhino."

Does everyone in this thread know what "cougar" in this context means?

Cougar (female): an older woman seeking a sexual relationship with a younger man.

Just thought I'd point that out. Lots of women feel flattered when they're made aware they've turned a man's head. But is this necessarily being a cougar? lol.
    Reine

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I think we're all well aware of what being a 'cougar 'is, I am anyway. I would think we are taking it in the context, humorously I hope, of being a mature but still attractive female.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

So the male me is 55 and started dressing at 12. So does that make me 'regular' cougar material or 'junior cougar' material (not that I'm seeking anything from males, younger or otherwise!)?

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    I think we're all well aware of what being a 'cougar 'is, I am anyway.
    I didn't know. I had to look it up!
    Reine

That would make me a junior cougar.. I look 20+ years younger in male mode and when fem, younger yet. There was time I was actively dating and running with groups on dinner dates and such, I was 55 then and they were all 30 and some in their twenties. I finally told them my age and they would not believe me. LOL
    However, I don't get carded anymore. I guess age does crop up on anyone. But I was always told; Look the best you can as you age and try to always be young. This was by the more aged group. Took them to heart. My blonde hair is getting whiter and I have to die it now, Oh the things we go through.
    Part Time Girl

While I am aware of what a Cougar is, I began this thread for finding like-age members who, as DIANEF said, are mature, but still attractive women. I hope that I am (yes, I am age-wise) still attractive.
    BTW, thanks everyone for the interesting responses. I see I am not alone in believing that dolling up takes years off the old man.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Had a member here call me an "old cougar" in a jesting and complimentary way to a picture that was posted. Must qualify then at age 75.

Not hunting any young "game"! But Lana Mae Looks much younger than Harry! LoL I think it is the hair!!!!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae PS: age 65!
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    I'll go first as I am 69 -- kills me to even type that -- and still going strong and, hopefully, turning heads in a good way.

Hi Sherrie Pall, ( Just remember that old age is something that is denied to a lot of people )

I am a mid level member of the 70s' club and just loving life each day, I guess that I am a Sr. Cougar......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Ill be 54 in February. I joined the forum when I was 47. Getting better and more interesting every year!

Eva

I am a mere 62 years young, I am probably not old enough to know better yet. I take that back, I am certain I know I am not old enough to know better. Final answer. Now what was the question again??
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I prefer to think of myself as a puma not a cougar!

Silver Member
    How about a Senior Cougar category for we over 80? Growl ... cough, cough.

love to hear from u missynicole's Avatar
    66 so i am a cougar and just love the thoughts that go with that.......