Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoes are the biggest identifier

Guess I should stop wearing my Clarks mules then....
    No one seems to notice them, or my Sporto boots. Maybe I'm wearing them wrong...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Reality Check
    How do you know if anyone notices your shoes? Most people are too polite to comment to you on your choice of clothing or shoes. Some aren't, of course and if you wear something unusual in some work environments you will hear about it.

What you'll never know is, people may wait until you are out of hearing range to say something to their partner like "Did you see that guy back there wearing women's shoes?"

Wear whatever you want of course. Just don't be too naïve about it. My wife and I spent some time shopping yesterday and several comments were made between us about strange sights we saw.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Krisi you mentioned Beatle boots I had a pair that came from the same store the Beatles bought theirs.
    I had a friend that went to England in 1965 with his parents and he sent them to me.
    They were deff cool at the time.

I find that "Easy Spirit" "Traveltime" clogs are rather unisex, anyway.... AND, they're very comfortable. I have a number of different-colored ones....wear them all the time....

Depends a lot on the shoes.

My favorite sneakers for male mode are women's shoes. They are grey and purple Nike's. Haven't ever gotten any strange looks or comments because of them.

I am wearing a pair of "Bearpaw" women's boots right now in male mode. Flat soled black suede boots, that are fur lined. I also have a brown pair that are shorter, with a fur cuff. Haven't ever gotten any strange looks or comments because of them, either, and I wear them a lot this time of year.

This last Summer I practically lived in Grasshoppers women's sandals - to the extent that they left definite tan lines on my feet that are still barely visible in December, months after I stopped wearing them when weather got colder and more wet. I got no comments from wearing those as a male, either.

I also have two pair of soft women's suede boots (one black, one brown) with about 3" high, 2" wide heels, that I could get away with in male mode. With jeans over them, they look like fairly plain cowboy boots.

Beyond that, most of my other women's shoes, even the low heeled or flat soled boots, are too feminine to wear as a male without attracting a lot of attention. I don't tend to wear any of those as a male.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ceera; 12-29-2016 at 02:01 PM.

If you're wearing heels, sure. If you're wearing girls converse sneakers, no. So it really depends on the style. Also, BTW, I'm absolutely sure that my size 16 pumps and high heel boots are 'mens shoes', as there isn't a female market for them.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Can't copy the pics in, but check out places like Payless Shoes. Just a quick check and there's probably 20-30 different women's shoes that can be worn "en drab". For snow days I like my barrel boots. They're an upper-calf side zip. Yeah they have a 3" heel but its really not a big deal on snow days. My daily wear for the last 5 years has been the "Believe" loafer from Payless. But they recently discontinued it (bummer). Haven't decided what to replace it with yet as these wear out. Would love to try they're Brooklyn cut-out Shootie. Wearing long slacks that cover most of the shoe would hide the somewhat feminine side style (maybe?). Yeah I know when you sit etc, but... I also like they're "Karla Trouser slip on" but I think the heel is a bit too tapered. I have a pair of the "Arlene" wedges but the full flat bottom can be a problem so I don't wear them much. Both of my sneakers are women's Champion's, one black pair and one white.

Anyway...there are a LOT of options for womens shoes "en drab" out there. Just start looking!!

Generalisation... some shoes can be almost gender neutral as can some tops or pants. I know for sure that none of Beck's wardrobe could ever pass as gender neutral.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wear whatever you like and don't worry about what others think.

I wear womens socks, sneakers, jeans everyday, Nobody has ever questioned it. I also wear womens tops on occasion. Those do get noticed. Now I did go on Wednesday for my eye exam. I was wearing Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans, Danskin sneakers.......nobody noticed. When I went into the exam room the eye doctor noticed the rest. Kind of hard not to. Along with everything else, when I took off my male winter coat, he saw that I was wearing a tan Jennifer Lopez top, a bit shear and I was wearing an Olga 40c padded bra which you could see the outline through the top. So it was quite obvious I was dressed femme. Eye exam went great. I put my jacket back on and went out to leave not thinking I had to pick out new frames (brain fart) and a very nice woman took over and I found some frames (male). She noticed my top and padded bra and actually aske if it was a JLow top!. I said yes and she said she liked what she saw?!?!?
    All in all, a good visit.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Krisi you mentioned Beatle boots I had a pair that came from the same store the Beatles bought theirs.
    I had a friend that went to England in 1965 with his parents and he sent them to me.
    They were deff cool at the time.
    That was back in the days when bands dressed alike. We wore matching suits, shirts and ties. And of course the Beatle boots that made us look taller.

I wore my 3" wedge heels boots out to my birthday dinner tonight, No one said a thing about them.
    Or my women's jeans or women's tee.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

I wear women's sneakers daily and have never been questioned about them. I wear a pair of women's loafers frequently and have only been asked about them once because the color is very much on the red side.

It all depends on what is meant by women's shoes. Almost no one is going to pay any attention if you are wearing loafers or some flats. However, wearing a pair of Christian Louboutin stilettos might not go unnoticed. :-)

I have regularly worn boots or booties with 3 in heels with jeans (both men's and women's) without any second looks. Sadly, I cannot find any women's running shoes wide enough to be comfortable for me.

Search for "Shooties" on the Payless Shoes website and you'll find a wide spectrum of shoes/boots from girly-girl to macho.

this has gone from crossdressing to clothing...closed
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,