Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoes are the biggest identifier

Shoes are the biggest identifier

I think that underdressing could mostly go unnoticed. I think a man could wear women's slacks or some women's tops and go unnoticed. I think if a man wore women's shoes wearing any attire they will get noticed.
    What do you think?

I couldn't agree more. I've had an awfully difficult time finding wearable yet quietly passable footwear. I'm really looking forward to the posts on this thread. Perhaps I can get some ideas!

I wear only women's clothes and shoes. The shoes usually pass for men's with a slightly higher (1-1/2") heel. I also sometimes wear women's knee high boots with a regular heel. Nobody cares !!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-28-2016 at 06:28 PM. Reason: no need to quote OP
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!

I do it all the time. I usually get nice comments. I get some over the shoulder glances but have yet to have a negative comment. I underdress and wear heels with my male clothes.

Aspiring Member
    You can find some shoes that can fly under the radar. Some low heeled loafers or low heeled boots.

Women's sneakers and men's sneakers are... sneakers. Women's can be more colorful but don't have to be just as men's are typically drab but don't have to be. Most low-heel Oxfords are pretty difficult to gender. When I was trying to pass as male I'd wear women's ankle boots in a motocycle boot style (harness boots) -- didn't look much different than my actual motorcycle boots except they had a Cuban heel instead of a straight one -- heel heights were about the same.

I think if you can't find women's shoes that will let you go stealth, you either aren't looking hard enough or you're limiting your choices to shoes that aren't stealthy.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Jennie, I have only been running in women's Asics. The black ones are identical to the male ones but I just purchased a pair on amazon for $69 while the men's were $119.

Since work is slow I have been underdressing for 2 months now.Panties pantyhose light girgle bra and forms.Last year my so got me a pair of low heel flat boots I wear also. Only one friend questioned the footwere and I told him they were shoe boots all he said was hed never seen me wear anything like this before.I didn't say anything that they were womens under the knee boots. Donot know if he knew and realy don't care love the boots and they are very comfy.

Banned Read only
    Billy the two things that will "out" you the most when under dressed are boobs and shoes/heels. Now the best way to wear knee high boots or ankle boots is to buy your jeans or pants in "long" such as a 12 long. This added length will help cover the boot even with a 3" heel. If you wear black boots then wear black jeans/slacks and they won't be noticed, and you get to hear the clicking on a hard floor. The lower the heel the more it will blend. Women's dress heels with open toes can't be hidden.

A lot of tops will pass but the bigger the boobs the more they will be noticed. If you want to blend just lightly pad your bra.

Aspiring Member
    I disagree. There are several styles that can be worn stealth. In drab, I have worn women's sneakers, running shoes, loafers, ankle boots, and riding boots, all without even a sideways glance from anyone, even my wife, who opposes anything TG.

Sizes are different, of course, and they are often not true to size, like women's clothes in general. I have an advantage of straight, narrow feet that fit women's shoes well. I like Bass burgundy or black penny loafers best. Most of the time that I am in drab, I am wearing them. I wear them not just because they are women's shoes, but because I am a cheap a$$. They cost about $25 less than the men's penny loafers in the same colors.

There are obviously shoes and boots that cannot be underdressed effectively in stealth. On the other hand, Jennie is right. There are plenty of shoe and boot styles that are fine for stealth. You may not be looking hard enough.
    Last edited by abby054; 12-28-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Like to see some picture of boots that will pass maybe.So want a pair of black ankle with a heel.

There are a lot of gender neutral shoes that women wear and wearing any of those don't give you away. All of my tennis shoes cross-fit, running and general wear are female and nobody has said anything. Now I don't go with hot pink or anything Just nice shoes. I stick with green and blues.
    Part Time Girl

As I man I wear a pair of ankle boots with a 2 3/4 inch block heel. I wear them everywhere. My sister noticed them the other day, I thought she was going to give me a bad time about them, but just shook her head and said she could never wear heels like that! She asked how long I have been wearing them and before I could say anything my mom said, "2-3 years!" So my mom noticed them some time ago and never said anything. While buying some items at a home store the young gal running the till mentioned that she liked my boots, then said all she sees is men in dirty, beat up work boots. I have worn them while calling on customers on my sales route, one older gent commented on them, and I asked him if he wanted me to pick him up a pair and that was the end of it. Another customer and his wife noticed them and she just asked how could I walk in them as she sure couldn't. I have worn them so much the soles are about worn out, I'm looking for a replacement pair.

cdc21703fbef892f67a902d70f9ef52a.jpg

Cowboy boots?
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

inside or outside pants?

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    I have worn them so much the soles are about worn out, I'm looking for a replacement pair.

cdc21703fbef892f67a902d70f9ef52a.jpg
    Let me know if you find them. I want some.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The only mens shoes I have worn in the last 6 years have been hiking boots I use when hunting.
    I have womens hiking boots I wear in the winter but they are not as tall as the mens.
    All my tennis shoes,sandals,casual flats are womens.
    I have 6 pair of ankle boots with 3 or 4 inch heels I wear with jeans.Some have cute buckles and fringes,obviously womens boots.
    None of my male friends has said a word about my shoes being womens shoes.
    I think you are making more out it than it really is.
    There are not packs of people out there checking what shoes guys are wearing and wanting to know if they are mens or womens.

Junior Member Samantha Sometimes's Avatar
    Wow those are amazing!

Silver Member
    i wear a lot of women's shoes and boots. No one notices except when I wear one's that sound like high heals. Went to the doc's one day wearing boots that sounded like high heals. You know. Anyway as I walked up to pick up some papers the receptionist looked up and connected with the perpetrator. She asked me to sign some papers and as I bent down to sign the papers my blouse gave clear view of my beautiful lace bra. She couldn't resist staring. As I walked out I did notice some patients looking to see who was in those boots.

I wear women's shoes with my male attire all the time. They're not stealth, they're women's shoes with a capital W. Does anyone notice? I neither know nor care.

I wear these loafers with trouser socks and skinny jeans in the cooler months and peds and jean shorts when it's warmer. I was lucky to find them when they had a 13. I have them in both black and brown. They are super comfortable.

https://www.amazon.com/Rose-Petals-W...e+petals+shoes

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    sneakers.jpgI've been working out a lot lately, and these were perfect to finish off my look. I love bright colors for my workouts.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Like Pumped, I too have bought a pair of boots with a 3" (75mm) heel. I bought these to wear at work but have not yet done so. Waiting for a time when most of my office is out. Like most at our age, I am beginning to not care what most others think. Wife approves but think its a bit risky. if we wait till we are back in the US office it would go more un-noticed. Plus we live in a much larger city (Dallas) then here in Germany. With only 20,000 people, it has the small town gossip thing. Word spreads fast.

Here are the boots found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.de/DAMEN-SCHUHE-1...490&th=1&psc=1

Capture.jpg
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Silver Member
    I agree with Andy Dufraine from Shawshank Redemption "A man rarely looks at another man's shoes." I think tops and pants can be more easily detected as women's unless you choose rather wisely. Buttons on the wrong side, sleeves a bit different...

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellymay View Post
    Like to see some picture of boots that will pass maybe.So want a pair of black ankle with a heel.
    Cowboy boots and cowgirl boots are pretty much the same. You can find pictures on the Internet or just go to a western store and look at them in person.

It's already been mentioned but sneakers are worn by men and women. Most men wouldn't wear pink but black and white cross over.

Personally, I don't get a thrill by trying to wear women's clothes while presenting as a man. I'll admit to wearing panties, just because I have a bunch and they are comfortable. I wear women's jeans, not to fool anyone, but because they fit better and look better than men's jeans.

BTW: I wore "Beatle Boots" when they were in fashion (in the 1960s) but I was a musician and I only wore them on stage. The whole band wore them.
    Last edited by Krisi; 12-29-2016 at 09:30 AM.