Thread: Fears a reality

Fears a reality

So I don't smoke in the house, one of my biggest fears is locking myself out of the house while I step out. I have an extreme habit of locking the door behind me when I leave. Well tonight while in full dress of wig, make up, leggings and heels I locked myself out. I live in the upper Midwest so after rain and snow my driveway is an absolute ice skating rink. Add heels to the equation and it's 3X as bad. Luckily I left my vehicle unlocked and had a spare key in it but was nearly caught by a passerby. Lesson learned I hope. I can't but lol as I slip slides down the icy drive retrieved the key and seemed like a mountain climber digging my heels in as I climbed the icy slope. Now time to go cover my tracks so no visitors see the heel spike marks....I'm such a dumb blonde LOL. Hope everyone else is having a good night

Jezika

Jezika, locking myself out is a fear of mine as well. I've got done it before albeit in drab. Our neighbors have a spare key, but your story put a picture in my mind of me fully fem ringing their doorbell. That would not be good! Think I'll put a key in my car as well.

ok the solution is really simple...Just bury or hide a spare key somewhere where only you know where it is and problem solved...lock yourself out...get the key...just don't put it in the obvious places that thieves look for first...be creative where you hide it...

No offense to the blonde girls. I'm strawberry blonde / Auburn so close enough 😉

Oh, Jezika darling;

I have lived The Dream in person. A near disaster. Close call. Panic. And a desperate save. Yes, it happens.

I was on a long bicycle trip (250 miles) through a wine country, traveling solo. I stayed at nice B&B's along the trail. I'd planned my evenings to be out and dressed and much as possible, so I took my favorite long blue summer dress, heels (yes, heels in a back pack), earrings, make up but no wig (use silk headscarf)
    It worked out famously and it was a grand time out, until the last night on the trail.

I was staying at a B&B embedded in the heart of a small town; other buildings and shops on the streets. Fairly busy in the evenings, a bit tourist-y. I dressed beautifully. Went out to a nice Italian bistro, and walked back to the B&B courtyard where I spent an hour drinking wine with a woman I did not know.
    Later that night before bedtime I went back to the brick courtyard for a nightcap. I had been forewarned on check-in that there were no staff/personnel on the premises after dark (8p). I had a key to my room and a key to the outer door.
    When I tried to re-enter the B&B, I realized I locked myself out. (The keys registered instantly in my memory as being left on the kitchen counter when I fixed a drink.) I knocked on all the doors. No answer. I tried multiple, multiple desperate times to reach the Emergency Number I was given. She wasn't answering. I spent almost 2 hrs lurking in the dark courtyard behind the B&B, trying to find a way in, ALL THE TIME IN MY BLUE GOWN AND HEELS, etc.
    It grew very late and cold. I dreaded the thought of waking up in a dress in the courtyard; or being found lurking by the village constable (on patrol).
    I ran out of options and no help on the way. I took a large rock and careful scouted around the corner of the building to see no one was approaching to hear the glass, and broke the back door window pane to let myself in. I fetched my keys from the kitchen and went to my room. In the morning I explained it all to the staff/owner, and paid to repair the window.

Oh yes, BTW. The back door was festooned with stickers warning "These premises monitored 24 hrs a day."; and "Video surveillance.". I thought maybe they were fake stickers since no alarm sounded when I smashed the glass. Nope. The surveillance was real.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

A friend of mine managed to drop her car keys down a drain on her first time out, she drove to meet a few other girls at a bar, parked a block away was so nervous she dropped her car keys. Not used to using a handbag I guess. She was standing there thinking OMG now what I cant bend down and try get them in my short skirt and heels when a kind gentleman stopped to help the lady in distress, managed to grab her keys and alls well that ends well and yes she IS blond
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wouldn't worry about anyone seeing heel spike marks its freezing outside and they could care less.

Thieves know where to look so hide your house key in plain sight. Mount a combination lock box next to your door and put a key in the little compartment. I haven't been locked out since.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    We live in a fairly quite place. When I go out I'm more likely to forget to lock the door, than lock my self out.

Reality Check
    I keep a set of keys in a magnetic holder inside the bumper of my truck (I'm not sure there's any metal left on cars). This includes a house key.

Our backyard is fenced with locks on the gates. I once locked myself out of the back door so I was locked in the backyard. I had to get my stepladder out of the shed, climb the ladder to the top of the brick wall, pull the ladder up and set it up on the other side to climb down and get my spare key of the truck. I now have a spare key to the house in the shed.

Anyway, you should plan on how you're going to get back into your house if you lock yourself out. Not just if you're crossdressed, but in any situation. Same for your vehicle.

..."one of my biggest fears is locking myself out..." Yet you locked yourself out.
    Long ago, single again, I moved to a new town for a new job. I knew nobody there, and one of my biggest fears was locking myself out - crossdressed or not. So whenever I left home, before I closed the door behind me, I made sure my door and car keys were in my hand, not just assumed to be in my pocket. That was my first defense against my locked-out fear. I also kept a key hidden, wired somewhere under my car, with a key to my home inside. Never had to use it. Now my car has push-button number combination for entry, a garage door remote, and a hidden house key outside. I think such back-up plans and preparation should be proportional to the level of fear and consequences of being locked out.

I lied in alaska many years annd a school nurse i bought a truck from was real scared about keys when i did a service on the truck I found 6 magnetic boxes of keys !! my biggest fear is that I underdress at work and use a single stall bathroom ,and the cleaning lady using her pass key opening the door as I am pulling up my panties ,could be very interesting

I have too many safeguards to get caught out......

There is always a first time though.:-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Having a key hidden well in a location outside may have other advantages too. I never use the front door as I go in and out through a door to the garage. One day I walked into the garage and suddenly heard a loud hiss. Turned around and saw a small rattlesnake under a step stool between me and that door!

With the hidden key I was able to get back in the house via the front door. Left the garage door open for a long time and I guess (hope) that the snake left!

Reality Check
    And of course, combination door locks are available. No key just remember the combination. To take things a bit further, you can buy a door lock that interfaces with your smart phone through Bluetooth. Walk up to it and it unlocks. The phone can be in your pants or in your purse. It doesn't matter.

Aspiring Member
    Easy solution: just tuck a spare key in your bra.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I've never done that but, it is a YET (You're Eligible Too) thing. But this does make for a great thread. Everyone who has had this happen (and I'm sure there's more than a few) could share their stories. Thanks for starting it.

Hugs
    Jolene

Platinum Member
    Hi Jecika, I never lock doors and close them I always close the doors and lock them with the key or the remote
    that I will not be locking myself out......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I installed keypad style remote garage door opener. That works for me when I dont have my keys.

Or you could just give up smoking. Just saying,
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I agree with Ronnie and Acastina. Either carry a spare key or hide one nearby.

I do not shut the door unless the keys are in my hand! Just my $.02! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

ronniegirl, you must also be careful not to hide it where it may get frozen under ice and snow. Not a problem down in Florida, but certainly one for Jezika in the upper midwest where we are from.

Hide a spare key in your bra next time.