Thread: Grounded over the holidays

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar

Grounded over the holidays

From four or five days a week to ... nothing What one does at this time of year for their wife who won't share femme time. Grown up children are coming and going. Christmas lunches and dinners spread over a week to suit their complex lives.

So how does one cope? I've noticed a burst in my activity on CDers. I've rearranged and reorganised my wardrobe, and cleared out a few more male clothes to make way for the self-gifts of dresses. I've looked at selfies from my outings to remind me of the good times.

Oh well, just a week to go but I doubt I'll last that long.

Anyone relate?

Absolutely and I literally laughed out loud when I read this.

Went from 3 times a week to nothing for 3 weeks.

I am on this site way more than usual. I am posting and starting threads way more than usual.

During times alone, I have cleaned out my closet and set up (including all the accessories) my next 22 outfits!

I have also cleaned up and stored my photo collection (always take a full body shot and a close up every time out).

Thanks for the smile! I'm getting dressed first thing Monday and going on a thrift-a-thon!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Reality Check
    One way to read this post is that you would rather be alone, dressed as a woman than around your own family and children, dressed as a man. That's a bit sad.

We have to keep things in perspective and not let things like crossdressing control our lives. My wife and I travel to visit family now and then and we usually take a long (month or two) trip each year. I don't take female clothes and obviously don't dress during those trips. I have plenty of other things to do and don't miss dressing. I know I can dress when I return home.

Be glad you have friends and family to visit with. Keep your mind occupied on them and other things. You'll get your chance to dress eventually.

sorry to hear, my grown ups are having a week at their oldest sisters (10 hours drive away), so it's almost "hall pass" teritory - well, before 12 then the wife wants to get out of the house to do stuff - and we've actually had 3 summer days at last and I suspect another 2 weeks and I'll be able to justify summer dresses.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Kandi Robbins View Post
    I'm getting dressed first thing Monday and going on a thrift-a-thon!
    I want to do that!!!

What a great idea

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle, Oh Yea sometime life just gets in the way......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    One way to read this post is that you would rather be alone, dressed as a woman than around your own family and children, dressed as a man. That's a bit sad.

We have to keep things in perspective and not let things like crossdressing control our lives. My wife and I travel to visit family now and then and we usually take a long (month or two) trip each year. I don't take female clothes and obviously don't dress during those trips. I have plenty of other things to do and don't miss dressing. I know I can dress when I return home.

Be glad you have friends and family to visit with. Keep your mind occupied on them and other things. You'll get your chance to dress eventually.
    I agree with Krisi.

Many of the male-clothes I wear are actually women's clothes. Levi 512 jeans, Clark's shoes, women's brand shirt, bikini underwear. That way, I stay true to myself while passing as a male. Sort of an inside joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Paige Winslow View Post
    Many of the male-clothes I wear are actually women's clothes. Levi 512 jeans, Clark's shoes, women's brand shirt, bikini underwear. That way, I stay true to myself while passing as a male. Sort of an inside joke.
    I never wear when dressing as a woman anything I could wear as a man.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Does kind of sound self centered when you think about it.

Just suck it up cupcake and roll with the punches. Apparently it won't last forever.
    Jon

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandi Robbins View Post
    During times alone, I have cleaned out my closet and set up (including all the accessories) my next 22 outfits!

Thanks for the smile! I'm getting dressed first thing Monday and going on a thrift-a-thon!
    22 outfits. My gosh a kindred sister

and 'yes' to Monday too. Grocery shopping trip planned. Now what to wear?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Always one to find a negative Krisi. No, I'm totally comfortable as a husband, father and grandfather.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    we've actually had 3 summer days at last and I suspect another 2 weeks and I'll be able to justify summer dresses.
    That's delightful Rachel ... love the feel of summer on bare arms.