Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you "NEED" to dress or just "WANT" to dress?

There are times I NEED to dress to relax and get in my happy place.

And there are times I WANT to dress because it is such a nice way to end the day.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Purely a want for me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Judy, I am 74 and I have been in this program for over 69yrs. it's just who I am and it's just what I do.

I really enjoy dressing, Dressing allows me the pleasure of having the best of both worlds......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    It's fine line to be sure. What I know is that when I can not dress, my desire to dress increases. When I can dress anytime I like, total freedom, my desire to do so is lower than when I am prevented. Not too surprising really.

I have to agree with Jennifer when I can with out restrictions, my desire is not as strong. When I can't it is very strong. I also notice during the winter months it peaks especially around the Christmas season

I want my home loan paid off, steak dinners each night, and someone else to mow my lawn and remove snow in the winter. I also want the funds to have all that stuff.

I bet, however, if I got all the stuff I want I would want other stuff.

I need the love of my wife, my health, family and friends, and gods help to prevent me from doing really dumb stuff.

I do agree with Jennifer, I always seem to want to dress but given the opportunity to dress without restriction seems to cause me to desire to dress less.
    Errr........ I said desire? is that the same as want or need? I am easily confused. I need, want and desire someone to explain this to me.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I don't want to, or need to, I LOVE to.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

I don't think I need to want to dress nor do I want to need to dress. But, I do want that new dress I don't need.

I agree with Taylor. I,too, have been dressing for more than 60 years and have purged several times, but the desire always returns. I guess I would have to say that there is a NEED to dress.

I think for me the need is always running like an app in the background. The want fluctuates,the one thing that I haven't deciphered.

For me it depends on the day. Some days I would really like to but the situation doesn't permit. I can rationalize that conflict and it just goes into that bucket of stuff I want to do but life gets in the way. Other days.... Oh my, is there a real, deep, aching need. Those days if full dressing isn't an option I try to satisfy with underdressing or spend some alone time fantasizing. Those are also the days that people see me as morose....

yes! lol
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

I could stop dressing completely if I wanted to, so in that sense it's a WANT.

However, I spent a stretch of many years denying this part of myself. During this period I always felt frustrated and unhappy, despite having a great family and a successful career that I really enjoyed. When I decided to stop denying this part of myself, the frustration and unhappiness disappeared. Furthermore, I realized that in giving up dressing I had lost the best part of myself, the feminine part of myself. The part that I liked the best. I can't be the person I want to be without accepting the fact that, at a fundamental level, I am female. I dress to acknowledge that part of myself. And I need to acknowledge that part of myself. In that sense it's a NEED.

The more people I come out to as a CDer, the less need I feel to actually, physically, dress en femme. I have no desire to purge my wardrobe, the fact that I can have my skirts, dresses and lingerie there and that my wife's ok with it and my close friends and family know about me sort of calms everything down .. then again I'd love to be wearing my pink net-skirt and faux-suspender tights right now, but it's late and I'm tired .. if I were young and slender and maybe a bit less than 6'3" I'm sure I'd really go for it .. Happy New Year, sisters, btw
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

The answer is yes!

For me it's more of a need. While I have stayed away for protracted periods of time, now I find that It helps me relieve stress.

I need to dress the same way I need to ride motorcycles, fish, and do other things that make me happy. I need happiness in my life in order to remain balanced, positive, and productive.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen RHT View Post
    I need to dress the same way I need to ride motorcycles, fish, and do other things that make me happy. I need happiness in my life in order to remain balanced, positive, and productive.

Karen
    Great answer Karen!

Junior Member valeriemonroe2002's Avatar
    I think the quote I saw earlier on the thread is the way I see it. "I wouldn't want to if I didn't need to."

Aspiring Member
    I'm not sure if I'd want to if I didn't have any motivations to otherwise.
    I think I can very well control when I dress, but never, ever, not even once if I dress.
    Now that being said, I only ever had that motive to start with, and cannot imagine the counterfactual scenario in which I didn't.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 12-31-2016 at 11:59 PM.

Hmmm well I have tried to not dress and have made it 6 months but it comes back with a vengeance and I have learned that if I dress regularly then I can kinda control it. So with that being said I have to dress but I also want to..

Banned Read only
    Want to dress. Almost never need.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I have to say there are days I feel I just need to dress it just seems right to do so. With that said I do want to dress as well I enjoy it and it can unfortunately become addictive

I'm not 100% certain on this question. I started dressing at a very, very young age. The 1st time I was caught by my parent's I was 4 or 5. I woke up in the middle of the night, snuck a pair of my mom's pantyhose out of the hamper and then put on one of her work dresses she kept in the closet of my brother an I's bedroom. It created quite the fuss but I'm not certain there was an attraction to anything it just felt extremely natural.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I've always referred to my dressing as a "need/want". Saves time on analysing the difference. Perhaps abstinence over the last week or so shows it more to be a need but happy to say its a want.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I believe this is my 7,000th comment to a thread.
    That's a great milestone Stephanie and a wonderful contribution to the value of CDers.com. I always enjoy reading your take on a thread and usually agree or see your point of view. Now for 10k. I may get to 1k first but no guarantee.