Thread: food shopping?

food shopping?

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of threads lately take place in grocery stores(super markets), I know a lot of my experiences have. Is there a commonality here? Are these clandestine meeting places for women and we are infiltrating them for indoctrination?
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

As a GG I am laughing so hard at this post!!!!

As far as I know, if we don't eat food we die. So, eventually we are forced to go there. Can't say that about a lot of other places.

Thinking back (decades now, so there may be some fuzziness involved), I am thinking that going to the grocery store en femme was the next step out the door after driving to get gas for me. A safe environment where folks are generally focused on their business, not yours, and where props like shopping carts to push and aisles to duck into are available. Recently had the occasion to help a sister take a similar same step. Once through the door, her fear fell away, and we had a delightful time, just a couple of old gals rolling up and down the aisles.

Bumping my cart into someone else's never occurred to me... not to say there is anything wrong with that sort of thing if you see someone you would like to meet. Hmm...

There was a long stretch where if I did not shop en femme I would not have had anything in my cupboard. Found it to be a gentle way to push my own boundaries. Found that my confidence grew with each trip, and with being ignored repeatedly. Time and location, and appropriate dress is important, too. There are times when you can dress up and totally blend due to seasonal events or time of day/week, and there are times it is best to go casual.

Allisa, your casual look is perfect for these adventures. Enjoy!!

Lauren

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Grocery shopping? Not what I would call as a fun activity, therefore not worthy of my crossdressing time.

Grocery shopping? My local supermarket has an isle for ladies cosmetics/beauty products etc so you can always hide these in with your meat and vegetables when you reach the self-serve checkout. As for a meeting place? The coffee shop outside the supermarket is definitely a meeting place for women, but I doubt I will be going there to discuss my purchases with the ladies. It would be interesting if I did though.

There are a lot of men who never go to the grocery store. Growing up my mother did all the food shopping and my father almost never went. I read an article the other day about a young man who moved away from home and had to call his mother to ask what kind of food he needed to buy. I love doing all my chores dressed and going to the store is more fun dressed.

Reality Check
    I have not noticed that and I don't believe women gather at the grocery store to socialize.

When I go to the grocery store, it's to buy groceries, nothing more. I don't go dressed as Krisi, I go as Homer. Unlike some women, I can go in, get what's on my list and check out without looking up and down every aisle.

I go full dressed all the time and never really notice anyone else....
    Only one did I notice another Sister, but I didnt say anything to her

Whether it was the way supermarkets are laid out with rows of parallel aisles and the idea that you could potentially find your self in a confrontation that was difficult to walk away from, shopping in supermarkets held a sort of fear for me.

So on my last ventures out and about I resolved to put on my girl girls knickers and get on in there. Once in any trepidation vanished because as it's often posted here, the fear is greater than the reality.

I can understand someone not using their valuable dressing time to do grocery shopping but if you're 24/7 it either do that or go hungry. As for Are these clandestine meeting places for women and we are infiltrating them for indoctrination? . Definitely no, There are way more men in supermarkets than clothing boutiques. In one way supermarkets are a good testing ground to see if what you've chosen to wear is "Blendable". If you can get around an especially busy supermarket without being read, well for me at least a relatively small number of times, then you're doing something right.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I shop 90% of the time with my wife us both being older, just getting out of the house is nice. I'm not out but usually am underdressed when we are out grocery shopping. I've never noticed more women than men in the grocery area. We usually go to an HEB or Wally World so I'm grocery shopping looking at sporting goods and sometimes other areas. They both have some great cosmetics and I usually go thru that area with my wife. I've seen many men in those areas also. I've never been indoctrinated though when I'm in those areas...

greeneyes, I see you found the humor in my last sentence, all though I guess the same could be said for auto parts stores and women. Nice to see a GG here for her point of view.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I don't know about anyone else. But I am never out to meet anyone at the grocery store. Just like any other store, it is a place to purchase goods. That is what I am there to do.

As far, as I know, that is pretty much what everyone else is doing too.

I take care of my business and move on to the next chore for the day. How about that secret orgy at the dry cleaners?

This thread reminds me that there used to be a lovely cross dresser or trans woman that shopped at the same supermarket as I did (in boy mode). For a while it seemed like we picked the same time to shop every other week or so. It was clear that she was rather self conscious and I felt so bad for her. Whenever we'd cross paths in the store I'd try to offer a friendly smile, but usually the color would just drain from her face and she'd put her head down and hurry away as if she was mortified that she'd been read. And I could understand. We live in a very conservative, bible-belt community, but I always admired her for being out in the middle of it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tania75 View Post
    Grocery shopping? My local supermarket has an isle for ladies cosmetics/beauty products etc so you can always hide these in with your meat and vegetables when you reach the self-serve checkout.
    I find this extremely funny that you have to hide the girl items talk about homophobia.LOL
    Grocery shopping is so incredibly easy,go in with your list get your items go pay for them and go home.
    Its sad Kimberly Jean but I have a guy friend that got divorced and he called me and said he had no idea how to grocery shop.
    His Mom did it when he was growing up and his wife did the shopping for all of their 20 year marriage.
    I told him to suck it up big boy and go grocery shopping.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-02-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by greeneyes View Post
    As a GG I am laughing so hard at this post!!!!
    I'm sure there's a significant number of ladies on this forum who have not seen the inside of a grocery store in their lives. Maybe a quick run to 7-11 for beer to go with their pizza delivery, but, never shopping for meat and potatoes.

LoL Allisa, You hit the nail on the head. But oh my just go as your fem self and shop. What is so hard about? I go to one store as a boy and another as a girl. So as not to get anybody confused. But have been there many times to shop fem. We all have to eat. However, I see men in there shopping for groceries also. So I don't think it is a clandestine meeting place for women. I see enough males with their wives and some single and it looks pretty like normal. but I just go en fem and shop.. The other store has seen me pretty non-binary.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    My first real outing fully en femme was to a supermarket with a forum sister. No one paid us any attention even to and from the parking lot . We walked many aisles and passed many normals just doing their shopping, including a male employee pushing a floor dust mop. I was as calm as a cucumber because I was with her, an experienced shopper.

I had a shopping cart and put my purse in it as females do. I truly felt as if I belonged there, especially with her encouraging words to just own it. She took photos of me both inside and outside the store... Sorry, but I'm not ready to share same at this point in my trans life, but I will at some future time. Not only is there security in numbers, but it really elevates your confidence level to be with someone. I would urge and encourage any sister who really wants to go out fully presenting as a woman to go with a sister, spouse, SO or accepting friend. Your comfort level will soar and so will you with the I DID IT experience.

Since I am married and my intention is not to pick up a companion, I think dressing while going out to do necessary things seems logical and productive.