Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it a gift or a curse?

Is it a gift or a curse?

This is a very diverse community from very part time part dressers right through to Post op trans people. My question is aimed at everyone no matter what 'level' you are so to speak.

Whether you are a CD/TS/TV/TG/GQ/other do you see is as a gift or a curse? would you rather be a 'normal guy' or are you happy you have a feminine side no matter what that side is? Has 'she' enhanced your life or ruined it?

For me Becky is a gift, I have no regrets - I believe I am lucky to have a female side and to have experienced the things I have because I have her.
    Last edited by Becky Blue; 01-02-2017 at 08:10 PM.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

In my heart, a gift. In the world we live in, less so, but not a curse.

I have no interest in being cursed so I will take the gift and enjoy every minute.

Junior Member Samantha Sometimes's Avatar
    So so hard to say. Obviously it causes lots of struggles and secrets, but I enjoy it so much I can't think of it as anything but a gift!

It can be both. But everything for the most part can be a blessing or a curse. As long as it's balanced I think it is more of a blessing it's when it's extreme that it becomes a curse. It's like rain if you get too much or too little it causes damage, but in just the right amounts everything will thrive.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Dressing has become such an important part of my life I can't imagine how it would be without it. I'm not really sure if it's a gift or a curse, but I like the fact I can express my feminine self when I need to, circumstances permitting.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

It's a gift. I'm straight. So I can enjoy dressing, and also enjoy normal guy stuff. The best of both worlds.

Melanie, I too am straight as you call it. But I do not enjoy 'normal guy stuff' as you call it.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I am bi and a CD, and I don't think I would be who I am without dressing and the things I discovered. I love me for the first time in my life...so I would say it is a blessing, the more I accept it, the better I feel!
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Oh a gift and a blessing, I am now who I should be, and still growing after all these years, there are too many positives to list.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Aspiring Member
    Curse. Life is complicated enough as it is. My female side "feels" good, but the cost of expressing her often seems too high.

I joke that it's my own beautiful, beautiful curse. We all know the struggles it brings, but I've always marched to the beat of my own drum and accepted how "different" I can be at times. Like others have said, it's brought so much joy, perspective, and self confidence, I feel like I'd be missing out if it wasn't part of my life.
    If you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    For me it's a gift but my wife might think it's a curse. I cannot get her to tap into my femme side and take advantage of it. All that being said. I love the way I am.

Banned Read only
    It just "is." Like my brown eyes. I was a complicated until I told my wife, now it just "is."

Great question, Becky! When I am in a place/position to dress as the need dictates it is a blessing. Great stress relief and an amazing outlet for creativity. When I am not in a position to dress as the need dictates it can be quite uncomfortable -- and thus a curse.

A blessing! Feeling comfortable in any clothing really opens up my options.

When Sarah emerged, it was a gift because it opened my mind and showed me femininity. I keep thinking about her so much.

MissTee you expressed my sentiments exactly..we all deal with stress everyday of our lives..and so CD'ing IMO is a hella of lot better than drugs or alcohol. No contest.

It is defiantly a gift. With both sides of my brain working I have a lot of creativity. It is blessing also as I can live both ways.
    Part Time Girl

Gift / Curse

It is what it is. Don't believe in a lot of navel gazing on what could have been.

I have NO idea what I would have been as a "Normal" male. Still have NO idea what "Normal Guy" stuff is.
    As a male my early life would have been a more settled time. Probably a wife and maybe kids. Still would have the military/electronics/computers for my profession.

Than again have NO idea if I was a "Normal" female. As a female my life would have been very different.

I don't think I can answer this question. I was born this way, would life have been easier with out our gift, some times, now that I am older I can live my life pretty much the way I want and be happy. I still have grand kids that I am around every day so I have to be normal around their friends. as normal as mid back length natural hair and long nails can be. So gift or curse, both at times, now I am the woman I always felt like my whole life, which is most of the time. Happy New Year Marshalynn

Bec, It's a gift for sure...I'm so much a better person b/c of my feminine side and in so many ways...Nik
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I say gift, at least in theory. It often feels like a curse if you haven't figured out how to make it work with an SO. Whether that means you're alone, or struggling to find the right balance. With an open, accepting relationship and/or community, the theory can become practice much more clearly.

A gift, to be sure. I can't imagine myself without this aspect of me.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It is just like everything else in life: What u make of it!

I like doing new things that challenge me and have fun. And, that's exactly what I'm trying to do with the time I've got left!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!