Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is it a gift or a curse?

I believe it's a gift, just changing my clothes makes me feel so much better.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    A gift "only real men wear skirts."
    I'll be CD forever. ..

4 more gifts and one curse turning into a gift so i guess thats a vote for both
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Being closeted is a curse. Being transgender has to be a gift though. I think the female in me allows me to be more empathetic to women and lgbtq folks. I am not perfect however.

Platinum Member
    Being a cross dresser is not a curse, but, my life would have been a lot less complicated if I was not a cross dresser. My relationship with my wife would not have been messed up at times with the societal baggage that goes along with this form of expression. I totally do not ascribe to this notion that there are attributes solely female or male. There are some pretty lousy women out there who rate a solid zero when it comes to whatever those attributes may be. The same can be said of the male population.

The only beneficial aspect of being a cross dresser is the stress relief wearing women's clothing has brought me. Maybe it is escapism. I know a lot of men and some women who have drowned themselves in escaping the world with drugs and alcohol. I suspect addiction to drugs and alcohol is not in my genetic profile. If my PDST counselor is correct that every man and woman has some DNA of the other sex in their genetic profile, then maybe in times of stress I escape to emulating the woman I know I am not.

There have been many threads about wearing whatever whenever. But, if there was not such an ascribe mode of dressing would it make an difference if on Monday you wore a dress, heels, makeup and hosiery, and, on Tuesday, dress shirt, tie, slacks and a sport jacket. What would you really say then as whether one set of clothing is a curse or a gift. How would you act then?

I don't think wearing women's clothing changes anything in your underlying behavior.

A curse. It used to be fun but no longer.

I think the desire or need to CD is a gift as we are free the experience our femininity in a way others cannot, the only curse is how society view men who do this.

I would say it is neither, it is just who we are. The only curse is the way it is viewed by others.
    A little thought experiment though:
    If it were totally accepted, would it still be fun? Those of you who have been following my posts (I'm new here) know that I do not fully dress: I wear only nightgowns and slips (and sometime panties, silky PJs and petti-pants). For me a strong component of the experience is what I call the naughtiness factor. Men don't wear silky, lacy nighties, so doing it in spite of that gives me a bit of a charge. I go out in the morning to get my newspaper while wearing a nightgown, a silky robe and pink slippers. It's mildly exciting. What if somebody sees me? Well, maybe the cute neighbor across the street would think it was sort of sexy.

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    I've seen questions similar to this before.

For example, if you could just take a pill and become a normal heterosexual man, would you take it.

At first, the immediate response migjht be, yes, I would take it.

But after I think it over for awhile, maybe I would not take it. I know how I feel,
    I know how I feel when I see a woman,
    I feel empathetic when I see someone struggliung
    I don't want to hurt anyone.

But I don't know how a normal heterosexual man feels.

The curse or gift, I don't know which has shaped my entire life. I would probably be a completely
    different person without it.

So I guess, regardless of whether it is a curse of gift, I probably would not change it.

Even though, when I was in college in 1975, I thought I was a transvestite, so I went to a therapist,
    and, I guess he kind of tried to cure it. We explored my childhood to see what caused this problem.
    After a few sessions, I think he either read or figured out. this does not work, and he could not
    cure me.

He then sent me to another therapist, and she tried to convince it's not that bad, I have a lot of things
    going for me, I just have to accept it. This did not work either.

So, I've been struggling with it ever since.
    Last edited by CostaRicaRachel; 01-17-2017 at 07:29 AM.
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

Its not a curse for me at all, a curse is something put on oneself that one does not want or like but can do nothing about it. A gift? for sure because this inner need to be feminine and to dress and feel feminine, this ability was given to us before we came into this world, I believe that we are born with varying degrees of femininity and womanliness within ourselves. I would not swap this life for anything. definitely not a curse but a golden gift.

I've always, from my earliest memories (four years old), held it to be a wonderful gift. Couldn't wait to grow up and live as a female.
    The curse (or punishment for unspeakable crimes in a past life) was transmogrifying into a six-foot-four-inch "man" creature thing. Just like in Pinocchio when the boys turned into donkeys.

There was a time I viewed it as a curse, but now I definitely view it as a gift. I can't imagine my life without it.

Aspiring Member
    Becky,

My female side - Michele is definitely a gift. In hindsight I did not recognize it as a gift until recently. Now that I do appreciate the gift, I will explore ways to integrate my feminine side 24/7, albeit if only in subtle ways (e.g. in work place).
    Michele

I don't know if it's a curse or a gift.
    As said earlier in this thread, life is already complicated and crossdressing add some difficulties to it (find a way and the gut to come out to girlfriend, feeling the urge when you can't dress)
    At the same time, life is complicated, so anything you could do to enjoy life, you should embrace it.
    For me, it's just that we shouldn't blame ourselves for being who we are but accept it.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

Banned Read only
    Excellent Thread Topic and some really interesting responses.

To me it's always been a gift. I think I came close in the womb to being a girl. I was the middle child with two sisters on either side of me. I was blessed with kind of a girly figure and a pretty face (at least that's what I was told for many years). Unlike some other notes listed, some were not so lucky. As a result, when I dress and as I mentioned before, the only way you can tell I am not a pretty girl is if I were to start a conversation and you heard my voice. I have no plans on trying to fake a female voice. I rarely get the chance to be out in public and I have never spoke to anyone out in public while dressed as Scarlett. That might change the next time out which is coming up in February. I am planning a trip to the mall and I'll be going through some makeup stores or somewhere where I feel I might be able to open up without being judged negatively. Where those opportunities may be I am open for suggestions from you girl pros out there who may have years of experience of going out in public all prettied up.
    Getting back to being born with the right body to really enjoy this cross dressing desire, I have also been blessed with very little body hair which seems to help a bunch as well. My legs are very easy to shave and they happen to have a very girly shape..Another gift!
    I find, as noted in a few of my posts, that it is a real gift to have fun with cross dressing. I love everything about the process - shopping, picking out the outfits, buying the clothes, sexy panties, jewelry, makeup, and the photo sessions I put together myself. That's another gift I have been blessed with that compliments the cross dressing fun and that is the photography fun that goes along with it. Finally being able to use the "Paint" program to resize and post the photos. That took me 3 or 4 months with a lot of help from Leigh, Jeri, Stephanie, and the rest of the girls. Thanks a bunch! I hope I can continue to be totally girl when all dolled up for years to come. It's a blast. Fun, sexy, sexual, challenging, relaxing, and I'm constantly learning and looking for ways to improve. It's a gift - a real present I have been blessed with and I hope for years to come......Scarlett

So we are up to 42 gifts, 15 both, 13 neither and 9 curse. So that makes it 53% gift and 11% curse. The interesting thing is that it has been running at just over 50% gift since the thread started.

There have been some fascinating and very thought provoking responses. As I said in the Op Becky is has and always will be very much a gift.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec