Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking advantage

My wife would rather I didn't dress but I think she likes that I'm calmer, that I enjoy going shopping with her and understand why she really, really, really needs another pair of shoes! She also seems to value my opinion on her clothes purchases now.

She'd rather I could do this and not dress though, but she accepts this is the way things are.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

I don't see it as an advantage for her. In fact there are times I'm sure it's a huge pain in the neck. However her philosophy is, if it isn't hurting anyone and it makes me happy she will be supportive. I think occasionally it's fun for her, but for the most part it's just clothes and she runs around the house in what makes her comfortable and she gives me the same luxury.

Now as far as advantages of my feminine side she does benefit from me be extra caring and loving. And that is no matter how I'm dressed, I noticed it was asked why we can't do those things in drab, well I do no matter what I'm wearing.

I'm told by my wife I'm little different dressed in drab or in femme. If I don't get a chance to dress in long period, she notices that the stress can overtake me and I will get "meaner." I see that, too. For whatever reason dressing helps me manage stress, and the by product is a less mean me. As to advantages, my wife says:
    1. The killer cosmetic collection. I keep it well stocked and she never has to worry about buying any (or running out.)
    2. There's always plenty of cute sleepwear and it's in great condition. If it pills or tears or fades, out it goes for me. She will hang onto it until it's unrecognizable as fabric.
    3. Shoppping trips and the genuine companionship to spend hours picking and choosing styles.
    4. Joint spa days
    5. A Chick flick buddy
    6. Her idea of an outfit is everything must match. I prefer mix and match patterns, colors, textures, and have a good eye for doing so. She says she lacks that, and I challenge her to be bolder (in a good way.)
    7. Jewelry and bling. I like the shiny, sparkly, uber cute stuff and again, keep a nice supply on hand for her to "borrow."

well, my wife often wears my clothes (the few that she fits m much larger than her) when she asks my opinion on clothes she knows i have some idea about fashion. i know a lot about make up and have even shown my wife a few things.

There are lots of little niceties that having a crossdresser for a husband offers, but few women would trade for those by having to picture their mate as a girly boy. Most women are turned off at the thought of a feminized male, not turned on. Add the potential thoughts of her husband behaving in a submissive manner and it pretty much completely screws up her sexual fantasies. The image of her husband in a frilly frock, giggling and putting on a pair of stockings with garters really isn't what most women have in mind when they daydream about a sexually charged afternoon delight.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    So, when you are not dressed and out , you become antisocial and take on a different persona? Why can't you be a best friend instead of a best GIRLfriend?
    I'll assume from proximity in time and comment order that this was addressed to me?

No, not at all antisocial, just melancholy underneath a pleasant, practiced façade. Inhibited? Yes, somewhat at times, but outgoing in many situations, and I'm not sure that "different persona" means a lot here. I'm pretty androgynous either way, and I'm adding more and more feminine details to my male presentation (being a senior citizen and musician who definitely does not look like a linebacker with earrings), but they're still just hints.

I just want to be more real. The mask gets heavy, and I'm not as strong as I once was.