Thread: Names

Gender Undecided Fainne the King's Avatar

Names

What do you go by? Your real name, a nickname, or just one you like to be called? Has anyone thought about or gotten their name legally changed?

My real name is one that could be male or female, but is most often female, so when I'm dressed I go by Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Fainne the King
    What do you go by? Your real name, a nickname, or just one you like to be called? Has anyone thought about or gotten their name legally changed?

My real name is one that could be male or female, but is most often female, so when I'm dressed I go by Alex.
    Your name wouldn't happen to be Alexis, by any chance? If it is, it would be funny because you would be the third one here. Alexis is my middle name.

My family, friends and co-workers have known me forever by my given name, so that's what they use, but when I go out in "drab" or among my support group, my therapist or on this forum, I go by Lex (or CaptLex).

No legal name change yet, but I've thought about it from time to time and am thinking about it more often now that my therapist asked me about it. Hmmm . . .
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gender Undecided Fainne the King's Avatar
    No, my name is Kelly Amanda but I've been thinking of changing it to Kelly Alexander so that I can go by Kelly or Alex. Everyone calls me Kelly, I only call myself Alex when I'm in drab. And Fainne is my internet alter ego.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I go by Aaron Micheal. i miss-spelled Micheal on purpose.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainne the King
    No, my name is Kelly Amanda but I've been thinking of changing it to Kelly Alexander so that I can go by Kelly or Alex. Everyone calls me Kelly, I only call myself Alex when I'm in drab. And Fainne is my internet alter ego.
    Glad you cleared all that up then.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    My full name is Benjamin Edward. Almost all my friends call me Benny, only a few don't-- mainly the ones who've known me for a really long time and are resistant to change. Also, my family still call me by my female name, but that's their choice as I haven't asked them not to.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

My name is Natasha. Most of my friends call me Tash. I've started using Sasha recently (since it's a fairly unisex name, and Russian, like me.) It still feels kind of foreign, though. I need to grow into it, I guess.

Edit

Between the time I posted this I decided I like Keith. Haha. I'm so fickle, but I like it much better.
    Last edited by sparro; 04-06-2006 at 01:40 PM.

My birth name is Melissa but, I usually go by Mel. It works out great with signing checks and credit card slips.
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren
    Why is it the GG has the man's name?
    My name is Noel, not Noelle, or Noël. It's rhymes with pole and it is a man's name through and through. Apparently it was that or Liam, my family is deranged.
    Haha. You're funny, Noel. Pole. hehe.

Sparro, you could use Stash, isn't that a common Polish, or Yugoslav name, maybe spelled wrong, rhymes with posh. LOL
    I've used Kat, short for Kathleen, glad no one calls me kathy anymore!!LOL
    I've always liked Charlie, my dad used to call me Good time Charlie when I was a teenager!! LOL I like those names!!
    Kat
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKat GG
    Sparro, you could use Stash, isn't that a common Polish, or Yugoslav name, maybe spelled wrong, rhymes with posh. LOL
    Cool, thanks for the imput. People used to call me Stash as a nickname, though I think it didn't have anything to do with the Polish name.

My given name is Michelle Lynnette. Growing up everyone called me Shelly. I started going by Taylor in 2001 and all of the people I have met since then call me Taylor. The ones from before still call me Shelly. Oh well!! I answer to both but hate it. lol I picked my name by the road I live on. Taylor street!! hehe Also, if someone pegs me as a chick Taylor is unisex.

Taylor