Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nikinlyons - A personal story

nikinlyons - A personal story

This is my personal story. I hope it helps someone. I am a happily married, lifelong CD, and military veteran with a very supportive wife of many years with two grown daughters who also love and embrace Niki just as they do my male side. I have mentored many CD’s over the years about coming out to their SO’s and really enjoy it. Like many of you, I realized when I was young that I was different. I seemed to always hang out with the girls. Even playing football back then I found myself focused on the cheerleaders, not wanting date them but wanting to be them.

At 11 yro when I slid on Mom’s pantyhose for the first time, then put on her dress, looked in the mirror, and those feelings were instantly cemented into my core. At the same time, I started discovering my sexuality because let’s face it, if there wasn’t a sexual charge to this it wouldn’t be as much fun right? That’s when the struggle between my personal and public life began. Publically I was a great athlete and played all sports, hunted, fished, and had no problem attracting the girls. Privately, I enjoyed strutting around the house when nobody was home dressed and wondered why I loved it so much. When it came to dating, I was always attracted to girls who wore pantyhose, classy clothes, and perfect make up. I was always open about my attraction to their look especially pantyhose and those who played to it, I dated. Most seemed to be flattered by it but I was always too scared to tell them the real story.

Fast forward to my first marriage. She too loved pantyhose and after I told her I did, she told me to put them on for her. You can imagine the excitement! She loved them on me which was a huge relief. She then had me put on one of her dresses and the rest followed for several years. We had a sexually adventurous run together and one day, it was over. She said she couldn’t do it anymore and left. Devastated and scared to death she would expose me, I hit rock bottom. Thankfully she never did and I decided then and there that I was not ever going to withhold anything from my next prospective life partner.

When I met my current wife, I decided that I was going to show her rather than tell her first. I figured doing both at the same time would lessen wild thoughts of OMG OMG going through her mind. After many drinks on our second date, I confessed my true love for her and my affection for pantyhose and other fem things. She said “OMG I love pantyhose, I’ve been wearing them everyday since I was a teenager!” OMG WOW! We have something in common! I said, “Ok, I have something to show you. It’s a bit out of the ordinary, but I want you to open your mind, don’t judge, and whatever you do don’t laugh, ok?” She agreed. I went into the bathroom and changed into pantyhose and a dress (it was pretty basic back then), walked out and said, “Well here she is. I don’t really know who she is, but I know she’s inside of me and I want to learn more about her. Will you help me?” She was a bit stunned and said, “Well, I don’t quite understand it right now, but I know that I love you and if it’s a part of you, I want to help you. Let’s go to Wal mart and get you some make up.” BAM! I was on cloud 9!

Since then, it’s been an incredible journey together. She taught me how to apply make up, shop, walk in high heels, etc and has always protected me. When our daughters were teenagers, I showed them and told them at the same time, explaining why. I told them “Look, I am the same person underneath all of these clothes, make up, hair and heels. I’m not gay and don’t want a sex change, I just want to be open with you about this.” They both said we always knew you were different because most men aren’t as fond of female things like you are and we love you regardless.” Since then we enjoy girls days together and they have really helped me perfect my look and style. My wife and I have been out a few times and I have many CD and TG friends, but mainly it’s an at home thing and I’m good with that. Niki has gone from the immature Girl to a mature lady now because of the validation from my family and closest friends. Oh she still enjoys being naughty sometimes, but don’t we all

So the moral to my story is this, be open, prepare your explanation ahead of time, find something fem that you both adore together, reassure her that you are not going to stray even though you may have great admiration for other CD, TG, etc, and whatever you do don’t change your persona too much when you dress. She married the guy she fell in love with. Blend the two together and do it with discretion and good timing. If you can incorporate your fem side into your sexual relationship that’s even better. To us, the core of your relationship is in the bedroom. If you don’t share common interests there, then where does the happiness come from? Find common ground and build on it. Pantyhose sex is the best btw LOL

You have to put yourself in her heels. My wife and girls are my heroes and I tell them that all the time. You would be scared to death too if she came home with a girl and said, “Honey, this is Mary and we’ve been in love for years now and I just wanted you to know, but I still love you.” Ya, you’d freak out too. Ease her into into it before you confess and do it with courage, style, and humility. Oh, one last thing. We tend to get a selfish when in girl mode, or at least I do. Be cognizant of that and involve her in your experience. Role playing is fun and that’s a great way to help her escape the reality of it all until she becomes really comfortable. It will strengthen your relationship make for two very happy girls. I am always available on yahoo chat if anyone needs help and support. Good luck and keep smiling.

XOXOX
    Niki
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 10-24-2016 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Op Request
    I'm half the man I used to be, and twice the person that I once was...and Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs. Be all you can be ladies! WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Thanks for sharing your story with us

There is a lot to take in but I am sure it will help.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    Thanks for sharing you story, I'm sure you realise it could be different again if you second partner had gone the same way as the first.

It was a conversation I was having with a CDer recently outed at my social meeting. She has the support of wife, family sister and some friends , I commented how lucky she was with that level of support, try doing it for yourself in a DADT situation where the only place to turn was counselling and then that wasn't talked about. I still consider myself very lucky to have struggled through all that and still find myself going out and meeting others . Yes I would love to have a similar story to tell and I'm so happy for you, the fact is I had two GFs that were OK with my CDing so I know some GGs will accept it.
    I've assured my wife and family that I'm not gay in fact I'm bi-gender but still can't answer 100% about being TS, but age is against me .

Thanks for sharing. Glad everything worked out well for you. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Your journey is the same as mine, except my wife did not enjoy the pantyhose, but was willing to buy them once or twice a year for me. Did buy me a dress only once, for 10 yr anniversary. She allowed that low level of CDing but I always desired more. After 20 yrs of that, I wore some without her and she exploded and now has done none for 6 yrs. So I explored further and became quite capable as my many pics show. Your luck of finding an accepting wife makes a big difference.
    Hugs, Ellen

Platinum Member
    Hi Niki, Thanks for sharing your wonderful story......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Niki, I have the same story, there our women out there that love us. If there are ( 2 ) there are many more. Jo

Niki,

I absolutely cherish your story. It mirrors the life stories of so many of us who elect to connect with our beautiful side.
    It also sounds like you got lucky with LifeMate #2. I have a wife of 39 yrs who is the greatest human being alive whom I know. I just "came out" several months ago - though it wasn't a huge surprise. She's not entirely comfortable with "it" but accepts to the point she has bought me clothes. It's working out. I'm hoping your story and experience can be a guide to further acceptance, and how to integrate CD into our mutual life.
    Thanks. Inspiring.

What service branch?
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I'll add my thanks for sharing your story -- you are very lucky!

Thanks for sharing. Lucky you for having such a supportive family. I agree with you that wearing pantyhose is a wonderful thing.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

Great story and thank you for sharing like that! Some of the parallels with my life set me back a bit (2 daughters, played football, supportive wife, etc.). I appreciate your openness!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Great story, we could all learn allot from you. Where were you 30 years ago for me lol?
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Gold Member
    Thanks for sharing a beautiful story. You are a very lucky person.
    Rader

Great story! My wife is as far "out" as I go. But that's ok with me.

It's taken me a long time to work up the courage to be open about, well, as open as I want to be. Still going to fly under the real world radar

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    [SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thank you Rader
    Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Thanks for sharing a beautiful story. You are a very lucky person.
    Rader
    I'm half the man I used to be, and twice the person that I once was...and Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs. Be all you can be ladies! WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Happy ending with the wife and kids. You raised my eyebrow as to how the first SO just up and left. She didn't like your female side and male side, or just kind of got bored of both and wanted something else? Was the breakup at least on neutral-ish turns (you said she didn't bash your secret lifestyle to anyone, so let bigones be bigones).

Let's just say thr fire burned out. No harm no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by EffyJaspers View Post
    Happy ending with the wife and kids. You raised my eyebrow as to how the first SO just up and left. She didn't like your female side and male side, or just kind of got bored of both and wanted something else? Was the breakup at least on neutral-ish turns (you said she didn't bash your secret lifestyle to anyone, so let bigones be bigones).

Thank you for sharing your story. I am currently on a somewhat similar path right now with my wife. Open, honest communications between us and pre-discussed and planned baby steps forward with my CD'ing, is working with us both. Where once she was dead set against it, it has grown to an acceptance of me wearing panties and nightgowns every day/night, and skirts, bras, and t-shirts any morning (early morning time through breakfast) I wish.
    It's been just over 4 years since I came out to her, and all is still fine.
    Unfortunately, pantyhose, shoes, and dresses are not yet there. Hopefully in time these will all come to be acceptable.
    Best wishes to you.
    Di

Banned Read only
    Great story

Thanks for sharing. My SO also supports me and we have a lot of fun out and about.
    Part Time Girl

You are on the right path Diversity. Just keep being patient. She'll let you know when. If you want to go to pantyhose next, why not buy her a pair, and ask if she would like to have sex while both of you wear them, cotton crotch cut out of course. It's very intoxicating. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Diversity View Post
    Thank you for sharing your story. I am currently on a somewhat similar path right now with my wife. Open, honest communications between us and pre-discussed and planned baby steps forward with my CD'ing, is working with us both. Where once she was dead set against it, it has grown to an acceptance of me wearing panties and nightgowns every day/night, and skirts, bras, and t-shirts any morning (early morning time through breakfast) I wish.
    It's been just over 4 years since I came out to her, and all is still fine.
    Unfortunately, pantyhose, shoes, and dresses are not yet there. Hopefully in time these will all come to be acceptable.
    Best wishes to you.
    Di

I'm here now Trisha lol let's visit. I'm a native Texan too btw

Quote Originally Posted by TrishaTX View Post
    Great story, we could all learn allot from you. Where were you 30 years ago for me lol?

Thanks Ilene. Let me know what I can do to help you. Branch was Marine Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post
    Niki,

I absolutely cherish your story. It mirrors the life stories of so many of us who elect to connect with our beautiful side.
    It also sounds like you got lucky with LifeMate #2. I have a wife of 39 yrs who is the greatest human being alive whom I know. I just "came out" several months ago - though it wasn't a huge surprise. She's not entirely comfortable with "it" but accepts to the point she has bought me clothes. It's working out. I'm hoping your story and experience can be a guide to further acceptance, and how to integrate CD into our mutual life.
    Thanks. Inspiring.

What service branch?

I think that assuring our loved ones that we are not gay and not going to step out on them is the biggest thing. Put yourself in their shoes. They made a lifelong commitment to the man they married. So any alteration from that or the paranoia of someone finding out and ruining their life is a constant worry. When I am dressed I don't change much either. Sure it amplifies my natural fem tendencies and mannerisms but I'm the same guy. We conduct our day the same, talk about anything, and treat each other the same, except I am sure softer and more loving this way.
    I told my wife from he beginning that the last thing I wanted to be was a man in a dress, I wanted to be as passable and attractive as possible because, after all, no matter how dressing makes us feel they are the ones that have to look at us. She taught me how to do my make up the right way, walk in heels, do my hair, etc and perfect my look. I also always make it about her, not me, which is tough sometimes. I ask her permission to dress and which outfit she would like to see on me. We protect and cater to each other. It has been a wonderful team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Nikki,
    Thanks for sharing you story, I'm sure you realise it could be different again if you second partner had gone the same way as the first.

It was a conversation I was having with a CDer recently outed at my social meeting. She has the support of wife, family sister and some friends , I commented how lucky she was with that level of support, try doing it for yourself in a DADT situation where the only place to turn was counselling and then that wasn't talked about. I still consider myself very lucky to have struggled through all that and still find myself going out and meeting others . Yes I would love to have a similar story to tell and I'm so happy for you, the fact is I had two GFs that were OK with my CDing so I know some GGs will accept it.
    I've assured my wife and family that I'm not gay in fact I'm bi-gender but still can't answer 100% about being TS, but age is against me .

Me too Samm. Work with what you have to work with and be thankful for all of it

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

I hope it does Shelly. I am always here to help anyone. I've mentored lots of CD's over the years and love helping them. Let me know k.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story with us

There is a lot to take in but I am sure it will help.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words! We are all truly blessed aren't we. Be brave. Be selective. Be the woman you always wanted to be. Happy New Year girls!

thanks for sharing

Niki, so happy for you it worked out the best way possible!