Thread: Jobs you have thought of

Silver Member

Jobs you have thought of

Over the years and driving a lot of miles in fem or otherwise. I've thought about various jobs or businesses that would let me be out to customers.

1. I loved nurses uniforms and thought it would be great to become a nurse and work as a private nurse where I could dress. Especially when nylon nurses' dresses were popular and your lingerie could be seen.

2. Open a beauty shop where I could be dressed as I pleased while my customers knew I was a guy.

3. Open a dress shop. I seriously considered this.

4. Open a dry cleaning establishment so I could work at night and try on customer's clothes. Only for a fleeting moment when a cute girl was picking up several dresses and knowing it would be wrong.

A -Airline pilot, Auto mechanic, Artist... B- Bar tender, Backhoe operator, Banker, Bailiff, Baker...C- Car driver, Cashier, Computer analyst, Career Counselor,

C'mon...really? Women can do anything a man can do. What you wear is dependent on the job, not what you wear

and Ewwww...you trying on customer;s clothes? Unethical at the least
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why is it always an adult bookstore?
    Why do CDers feel the need for their first time out to go to a place like that?
    Are they thinking they will be accepted at a place like that?
    I know who goes to those places and I don't want to associate myself with sexual deviants.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 01-04-2017 at 04:50 AM. Reason: part not required removed

I could only do the same old thing I do now ot earn a good salary. Being either sex, dressed or undressed, would not affect performance.

Problem is Iv been bored of it for at least 10 years. It doesnt stimulate anymore. Seen almost everything. Done almost everything. Can predict how new developments will pan out years before final release. Bored.

But it's better than being poor. I tried that in my early years. Nothing is worse.

Stick to what your good at and fantasize about some other aspect. Something you can change perhaps without damaging your QoL.

Aspiring Member
    Why am I not surprised that this is a clothing/fetish thread in disguise?
    I also question the morality (ethicality?) of wearing your customer's clothes on night shift.
    Even though the cutting of scrubs can still be fairly form fitting, there's nothing remotely sexy about being a nurse either.

Silver Member
    They are more open and accepting than some places. About 17 years ago I lived in a small, rural town. There was a local TS who was known in town, she was very tall and had a hard time passing. The local adult boutique was the only place in town that would give her a job.

Reality Check
    I suppose I am pretty lucky. My parents instilled in me the concept of having a career, not a just a job. A secure career that would provide security and a good retirement. I was able to find a career that I enjoyed and now I have a decent retirement income.

I think looking for and taking a job based on crossdressing is shortsighted at best.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    Hooters Girl? ROFLMAO!!! Sorry, I just had to.
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    In my younger days I wanted to be an 'air hostess', as we used to call them, pure fantasy of course. There were other jobs I would have liked, mainly based on the uniforms used but I never seriously thought it would ever happen. In a previous thread someone opined they would like to open a store for CDers and she could spend all day en femme working there, and I know of another member who works as a volunteer at a museum while dressed.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I would love to work in a business setting for I could wear skirts, dresses and dress pants.

I like the idea of working in a beauty shop. To be dressed and fully made up every day and even have other CDers come in and feel open to shop and to help them out.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyy137 View Post
    Why am I not surprised that this is a clothing/fetish thread in disguise?
    I also question the morality (ethicality?) of wearing your customer's clothes on night shift.
    Even though the cutting of scrubs can still be fairly form fitting, there's nothing remotely sexy about being a nurse either.
    I have been a life long CD. I am not TG. I do wear women's clothes because that is what I like. Why could be an infinite debate. I also indicated that it would not be appropriate to wear customers clothes. As for nurses not being sexy it is apparent that you aren't old enough to remember when they were. Back in the pre 70s they were an icon. Nursing is a profession, I have known many professionally and dated several. Scrubs are a rendition of a classless society. Pardon my age, but I come from a time when nurses wore dresses starched or nylon and doctors wore white coats. I get that it is now scrubs for all as a convenience.

that ^ just reinforces Lily's idea this is a "fetish" thread since nurses, flight attendants, beauty operators, steno pool girls (hey you started the throwback thing) and virtually every other woman with a job or career, outside the sex trade, dresses pretty conservative. Even makeup artists wear long coats and slacks now Take my career for instance...over 50% female. There is nothing sexy about what we wear. Our scrubs are unisex. The large animal vets wear overalls. Small animal female vets rarely wear skirts (try and lift a dog in one or get down on the floor)

I can tell you none of the nurses I had in the hospital were wearing white dresses with white stockings and a little cap. Oh, and do you KNOW why they don't wear those anymore? Lift a 200 pound man off a gurney in a dress, have someone puke on it, and white scares the hell out of kids

but whatever you like...the first time you spill permanent solution on the cute little dress, you may reconsider.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-05-2017 at 12:56 AM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Translator, Transcriptionist, Crossfit Trainer, Crossword designer?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Aspiring Member
    I was kind of expecting more museum volunteers, specifically those who wear historical clothing while on-duty - even if you don't crossdress, it's still a good opportunity to wear historical dress, and something you'd do for the clothing's sake. I'd be more than glad to (the great presumption being, of course, that I do not present as female in the process. And even if I do, so be it.).

Liz - I'm quite aware of the imagery (now since immortalised despite real life having discredited it) as well. I'm not sure if you're going to factor Florence Nightingale effect in here; I think most of the connotations of the rampant "nurse fetish" spring from there as well. I can understand why, but it isn't my cup of tea either.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    that ^ just reinforces Lily's idea this is a "fetish" thread since nurses, flight attendants, .
    As I mentioned 'air hostess' earlier, let me just say I have LONG since grown out of any 'fetishist' desire for uniforms and such (this was 30 odd years ago) I now present and want to look solely like a 'typical' GG.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I have a pipe dream of owning an LGBTQ night club that would feature a dressing room and lockers on site as well as multiple dance floors, bars and of course drag king and queen performances. I might even name it "The Dressing Room."
    Last edited by JaytoJillian; 01-05-2017 at 04:30 AM.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

I don't think anyone would notice if I went to work in the women's uniform, given it is identical to the men's.

I have to agree with Lorileah on this one! I have been a nurse since the '80s and in practice have seen only 1 (YES 1) nurse wear white dress and white hose! Your fantasy/fetish is getting in the way of clear thinking. Women can do almost anything a man can! You dress in what the job requires. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hi Lana Mae,
    I was in a private hospital a month ago and in the ward that I visited all the nurses were female and all, except the 'sister' who was in navy blue, were wearing white dresses. Very smart they looked too! No scrubs in sight. Admittedly this was a very posh private hospital and not the local A&E. I suspect that there dresses were more at risk from spilt tea than bodily fluids.

As a twist on the OPs question - (my current job would potentially allow me to be out to everyone) I've always fancied working en femme backstage in the theatre as a sideline.

I used to be an officer in the merchant navy I always wanted to wear the female version of my uniform

Receptionist in a beauty salon, like my role model, Playmate Gaye Rennie.

Nobody seems to have picked Nun. Clearly a woman's profession, though like nurse, I don't think I've seen a nun in the stereotypical uniform for a long time. (My favorite t-shirt says, "You don't scare me. I was raised by Nuns.")
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Moneypenny to Bond's 007?
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce