Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I a cross dresser?

Silver Member
    Nothing is "weird", and I sincerely hope you don't feel judged by anyone in this forum. The crossdresssing urge grows for many here because they just keep going down the rabbit hole to their own personal depth, which is different for everyone. The mechanism appears to be that at the beginning of self acceptance, one admits interest in only a small amount of clothing, but quickly finds they have opened a Pandora's closet, and down the hole they go. Some go as far as FTM transition. Others find panties are sufficient. You get to choose. Don't accept anyone's judgement.

Your urge has been much the same for a long time. Why should you expect it to change now?

Quote Originally Posted by gownman View Post
    Robert asks "how would you answer your own question?"

Here is my somewhat convoluted answer:

Yes, I am a cross dresser because I do like to wear nighties and slips.
    It is good that you have answered your own question. Personally I swing between thinking I wear these clothes purely because I like them, and other times thinking I wear them purely because they are women's clothes. So, sometimes, I would describe myself as gender queer, and, other times, as a transvestite/cross dresser.

Like you, I'm not sure I would be as interested in these garments if there was a male equivalent. I own a kilt, for instance, but I don't get as much of a buzz from wearing it as I do from wearing a skirt.

However I do tend to over think things.
    Last edited by Robert; 01-07-2017 at 09:11 AM.
    I’m not wearing women’s clothes.
    I bought them. I’m wearing my clothes.
    Eddie Izzard

I sleep in a night gown, underdress in granny panty or panty hose, wear a bra now that it is jacket weather, and totter around in pumps at home; I am a crossdresser! For the past year I have been getting a pedicure monthly as well. I shop for my own things, but still building up courage to browse Dress Barn.

Cheers,
    Amy
    Last edited by AltairaMorbius; 01-07-2017 at 06:15 AM.

I didn't think it was harsh at all. My reply was meant to be an acknowledgement of the truth about myself. I am not conflicted at all. I love my nighties and wear them without guilt. My only concern is that my family ought to know. I think none of my kids or brothers would have much of a problem with it, but it is still a big step, you know? I have taken one small step: one of my daughters-in-law knows - I told her because she comes over and cleans my house and I didn't want her to get a shock at what she might see, though I do have a way to hide my collection when I have visitors. I did leave one of my gowns in the dryer once - she hung it neatly in the laundry room. I am probably going to tell the rest of my family soon.

Am I really a crossdresser, I think yes. I mostly just wear bras and don't try to pass. Bras are designed for a woman I like wearing them so by simple definition I am a crossdresser. I would think the same applies to gowns, panties, slips(ohhhh, slips can be fun too), or any other garment.

John

Imagine a wife (who doesn't know) walks in and sees her husband in sexy lingerie. "You're a crossdresser??" "No, not according to my friends at crossdressers.com".

Ultimately in the end no one of us better than the other.....A man in women's clothes....Rude

Junior Member pantyhoselvr kendra's Avatar
    Don't label yourself. If you feel ashamed, don't! Be yourself and wear what you feel comfortable wearing