Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I really a cross dresser or is this just a fetish

Am I really a cross dresser or is this just a fetish

I enjoy wearing panties, bras, lingerie, nylons (all of them). But I really don't want to go out dressed as a woman. I do however enjoy wearing panties and stockings, tights, pantyhose under my guy clothes. Somebody help me. LOL

I also do that when i can.

I don't know how old you are but I would say you are on the way to exploring the garments worn by women.
    If you like the feel of the underwear you will really enjoy the feel of the blouses, skirts, shoes and dresses that follow.
    To get the full benefit you will need to remove body and leg hair and soften your skin.
    After you have done all this will you be in a position to answer your original question.
    Good luck, I hope it goes well.

Perhaps the quote from John Donne, "Ask not for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee..."

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    CD or fetish?

The answer is Yes.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I think many of us started out experimenting with women's undergarments as you have. For me, it was exciting and pleasurable. Later on, it was not only exciting to wear the undergarments but also exciting and pleasurable to see how well I could mimic a woman by wearing the outer garments and other accessories as well. However, even to this day, I have not gone as far as the wig or shoes but I have experimented with my wife's makeup and jewelry when she was not around. Like you, I have no desire to try to appear in public as a woman - I would never pass anyway. But the fascination with trying to get as womanly as possible is still there. Someday, I would love to go "all the way" with forms, shoes and a wig.
    So, my point is this. Yes, I am a crossdresser and I think you are too. I also think that if you enjoy lingerie now, you may want to experiment and go a little farther later. And if that is the case, then have fun1

Banned Read only
    YES you are a crossdresser, when you said ":you enjoy wearing" tells me you do this often and it's something that brings you pleasure as it does all of us, so why stop? What you are now wearing brings pleasure but you'll want more to see if it brings a higher degree of pleasure, and yes the more you put on the better it feels. Not just how good the clothes feel and are so new and different than men's clothes but you start to take on the new, feminine feeling that makes you feel like a woman. Like Kiwi said, if you like the feeling of underwear you'll really love the feeling of blouses, dresses and walking in heels with breast forms. You need to go shopping.

I think you're kind of splitting hairs...you're a crossdresser

Yeah, I don't understand the question. I'm thinking you're layering some meaning onto "crossdresser" that's only there for you. Since you say "just a fetish" I presume crossdresser is an elevated state in your view. Perhaps you should think a bit about what you see as the difference between a crossdresser and a fetishist and see where that takes you.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

You currently have no plans to interact with the public wearing women's jeans or a blouse. I don't see how that disqualifies you from being a crossdresser. Embrace and have fun wearing as much or little as you want.

From your comments, sounds to me, you are a crossdresser. Ask yourself, "do I just want to wear or do I need (or both)" to wear mentioned items? I think both. I sense it will only be a matter of time before the feelings to progress will occur. It comes with the territory. I'm curious about a couple things...how long have you been underdressing and are you in a relationship. In any event, quit worrying,,,,have fun, explore and enjoy. 👠👗💄👜

Reality Check
    You don't have to go out (in public) dressed as a woman to be classified as a crossdresser. A crossdresser is a male who enjoys wearing woman's clothing and does it from time to time.

I believe you are a crossdresser. Low level, perhaps, but a crossdresser.

When we discuss fetishes in the context of CDing, we're not referring to a string of beads with magical powers, but items of women's wear that bring sexual arousal. If such items bring you sexual excitement, who else but you would know that? OK, a partner maybe. When people post that wearing certain items bring them pleasure, enjoyment,etc., it could be anything from comfort or stress relief to identity-conforming to intense sexual arousal. That's not enough information for others to tell you if it's a fetish or not.
    You can be a crossdresser, fetishist, both, or neither. Some men are aroused by their partner wearing high heels, but they don't wear them themselves. Some crossdressers dress for reasons other than sexual excitement. Some crossdresers are driven to dress by their fetish(es). And some men have no fetishes and don't crossdress (what is wrong with these guys? haha).
    Don't worry about assigning a label to what you are/do/think/feel, especially if you're in discovery mode right now. And don't try to fit into a template. There are none.

I don't know that I can put it any better than Nicole just did.

To add, it doesn't have to be one or the other. Unfortunately we still carry enough sexual shame in our culture that you juxtapose cross dressing with "just" a fetish. There is nothing wrong with it being a fetish. For a great number of cross dressers it will never go beyond the sexual thrill. For others they find that the sexual thrill is a step down a longer path, or even masking deeper feelings. If all you ever get out of it is a sexual kick, that doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with what you do or that you're "lesser" than the girl who dresses 24/7.

As others have said Both! You are a crossdresser if you like to wear clothes of the opposite sex. If it causes any kind of pleasure, you are a crossdresser. If you really do not want to go out dressed as a woman but continue to wear the clothes , then you are a crossdresser. Wearing women's clothes under your"guy" clothes is called underdressing and yes you are a crossdresser. Read this and all the other posts and you will know that you are a crossdresser!! Welcome to the sisterhood! Best wishes going forward. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

The definiton I go by: If there's a repetitive pattern of wearing a women's garment (or more than one garment) it's cross dressing. Dressing in an attempt to pass in public is taking it to another level, but of course it's still cross dressing.

Just panties twice a year - that's also cross dressing. Also, some of us may go for years without dressing for one reason or another but eventually start at it again.
    Last edited by Ressie; 09-26-2016 at 12:10 PM.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    We all got a start some where welcome to the word of Cd. Now just try to be honest and you and it will slowly unveil..

Many years ago I argued with a cross dresser friend that my desire to dress in fine lingerie was just a fetish and I was not a cross dresser. I was wrong. I still have as strong love of full slips and that is a fetish but wanting to wear them along with shoes, dresses etc. etc. is cross dressing. There is even a term I have seen in the literature on cross dressing called "fetishistic transvestite". That pretty much covers it.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy123 View Post
    I enjoy wearing panties, bras, lingerie, nylons (all of them). But I really don't want to go out dressed as a woman. I do however enjoy wearing panties and stockings, tights, pantyhose under my guy clothes. Somebody help me. LOL
    Heck, might as well just throw on a dress, some heels, a wig, some boobs, some make-up, jewelry, perfume, etc. -- and call yourself Shirley.

Don't worry, you still won't be a crossdresser, if that's what you want to think.

Banned Read only
    Hi Wiseguy! "Somebody help you"??? What is it you'd like help with, exactly? Wondering if there's "something terribly wrong" with you? Finding the right label to stick on yourself? Does the term "crossdresser" bother you? Are you worried that you might be starting to turn permanently into a woman, but feel it's OK to have "just" a fetish?

Let me reassure you that it's perfectly OK to do what you're doing! Quite a few guys "underdress" in secret. Hey, walk down a busy city street some time and figure to yourself that out of every hundred guys you see, whether they're in jeans or business suits, the chances are that one or two of them at least are wearing lacy panties where nobody can see them! If you're feeling like an oddball, that exercise will make you feel "one of the crowd" right away!

If it's a matter of labels, people have different attitudes toward labels. Quite a few people here have said they hate labels. I'm guessing that's because labels so often "miss the target." There are so many differences among people who crossdress that labels simply fail to capture. Nobody wants to be placed into a "category" they don't quite belong in. (I'm sure that's true of labels and humans in general, not just crossdressers!)

However, labels can be reassuring if they give a valid identity to someone who feels lost because they otherwise have none. I know that was true for myelf when I was young--even if the label in question was not entirely accurate!

I started dressing when I was twelve or thirteen, but at that time I'd never heard of anyone else who had that urge. So naturally I felt weird and wondered what was "wrong" with me. Then I luckily got hold of a book about sexual deviations, and among all the other paraphilias--sadism, masochism, homosexuality, bestiality, exhibitionism, voyeurism--lo and behold, there was a chapter on fetishism! Fetishes come in an enormous variety, and are often highly specialized. There are shoe fetishists, glove fetishists (does anyone wear gloves any more?) and so on. Some fetishes are just plain weird and inexplicable. One psychiatrist told of a client with a fetishistic attraction to ballpoint pens! A ballpoint pen is a useful tool, but what on earth is erotic about it? Beats the heck out of me! Now that's truly weird!

But in contrast, hair, fur, silk (smooth as a woman's skin), rubber, leather: those are always right up there in the Top Ten of people's favorite fetishes. Understandably so. And topping the Top Ten in that cherished Number One spot we'll always find panties and lingerie! Mind you, I did start my dressing experiments by trying on my mother's skirt (which happened to be lying around when I was alone in the house), not her panties. But that's a mere detail. I got to her panties shortly afterwards: so deliciously cool and eilky! The point is, once I'd read that book I now had a label to stick on myself, which I'd never had before. Apparently I was a "fetishist"! That wasn't completely accurate, because there are other aspects to my own crosadressing that the term doesn't cover. But for the time being as a young teenager I felt far better knowing where I fitted in the spectrum of humanity, because somebody had a label for "people like me." It was far better than imagining I was some kind of "freak" that nobody had ever heard of before! So yes, labels can be reassuring.

Are you worried that your urges might be the first stage of turning into a woman? That's a transition some people do have to deal with, and they deserve our support because I'm sure it's a tough row to hoe. But if you're chiefly attracted to underdressing and haven't so far had a strong desire to dress fully as a woman, I think it's very unlikely that you're transgender. Actually you and I are different (as so many people here are), because I myself never had any special urge to "underdress." In my own mind I'd prefer to be either definitely male or definitely female at any given time, and mixing them up is... well... "confusing"! It seems to "spoil" the essential pleasure of being completely one or the other. But that's just me. I'm not trying to knock anyone like yourself who does like to do it. The only reason I'm mentioning this at all is to explain why I can't say much from personal experience about why anyone would want to underdress, and whether it's more for fetishistic arousal or more to assert a feeling of feminine identity underneath all those masculine clothes. That's something you'll just have to explore for yourself. Good luck!

Gold Member
    I also do much the same thing; But I add that I also wear woman's jeans every day.
    So I am cross dressed a little more.
    Rader

Well I kind of started like that, and then of course we always want more. If your lucky and you can stay at that level, you will save time and money.

The new DSM - Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) - finally, FINALLY ranks us.... In summary, if we can carry on every day activities (job, paying taxes, keeping the kids fed and god forbid, voting) then a fetish (anything short of engaging in an act that does not hurt you or others) is considered a lifestyle choice. Don't put yourself in a box. We Americans are so so so good at that. From a burger to a thought. If it feels right to you, it IS you. If you don't like you, then ask yourself is it really you that does not like you or is it others around you that don't accept you.??? And if the answer is "others". Then find other "others." Welcome to crossdressers.com. You are home. :-)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wearing the items makes you a crossdresser to some extent.
    If wearing panties get you sexually excited then you have a panty fetish to go along with it.
    Don't worry there are a bunch like you here and its OK.

I started with a panty fetish at a young age and it just grew from there. I love to underdress in sexy panties in public. I sleep in a camisole and panties most nights. I haven't the courage yet to dress in public. But I am a cross dresser. Yes, indeed.