Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you Crossdress every day if everyone knew?

If I had nothing to hide and everybody knew, I think I would dress more frequently but not all the time.

Before I accepted that I wanted to dress all the way, I had worn pantyhose both under my pants and with shorts for years. I suspect my dressing would follow the pattern that just wearing pantyhose does. Sometimes I might wear them everyday, other times I might go several weeks without wearing, other times a few times a week. It just comes down to my mood and practicality of the moment.
    The glass is neither half full, nor half empty. It is twice as large as it needs to be.

Silver Member
    I wouldn't do the full female presentation everyday, it is way too much work, but I would wear skirts everyday and throw the rest of my pants away.

I don't think I'd cd every day, I can take a lot of time and I'm lazy with my look as a guy as it is, part of what I like about cd'ing is that Build up to being finished which I think might lose it's magic if I did it every day.

I do sort of like the idea of everyone knowing I crossdress though, it'd avoid being scared of being outed at the very least and might even help me find a girl who's into femme guys. But I think my family would make fun of me for it though, they already make jokes about CDs/transpeople whenever the topic is brought up. I try to defend it but don't want to do it too vehemently to avoid outing myself

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    If everyone knew you were a crossdresser and had nothing to hide, would you crossdress everyday?
    You seem to be asking if we would live as a woman, right? Go to work as a woman, shop as a woman, golf or fish as a woman, go to the doctor and dentist as a woman?

We have some members who do just that. I do not and would not. For one thing, it's a lot of work. Shaving, in particular (and I would probably have to shave twice a day), but also putting on the boobs and hip/butt padding. My "everyday" sometimes involves physical things like crawling under things to fix them. The wig, boobs and hips would make that difficult. I could do it (as women do) if my hair, boobs and hips were real, but the pretend ones don't stay in place that well in those circumstances.

I am retired so I don't have a career and work relationships to deal with anymore but I imagine crossdressing at work would be pretty complicated and would have an adverse effect on your career.

Well of course! That's kind of like the end game. Being fluid I would love to at least have the option depending on the day.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I wear womens clothes everyday so I CD every day technically.
    Good point. I wear panties and women's jeans so I suppose I do as well. I took the original post to mean trying to appear as a woman. Perhaps I misunderstood.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    If everyone knew I was a crossdresser I would, by technicality of definition, be crossdressed every day.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Reality Check
    I have known females that do mechanical work.
    Of course but their hair, boobs and butt are attached and won't fall off or move out of place as they crawl around.

More than one person commented on the work involved in preparing. If everyone knew that you were a crossdresser and accepted you as your presented yourself, you would be able to wear female clothing without the full makeover.

If everyone knew and was accepting, Absolutely I would. I so prefer to be dressed pretty whenever I can.
    When I look in the mirror, that is the person I really am.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I would love the option to dress as I choose. Some days I feel totally woman. Some days totally guy. I prefer the girl days!!!
    Lace and Smiles
    Lisa

Possibly but not necessarily. I enjoy being a guy as well. I personally don't liked being "locked in" to one look or the other. I just have fun with the CDing for the most part.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I feel like I would be a good mix. Maybe split in thirds for full fem/andro/full male.

This is good question because it makes me think a little more about where I am on the spectrum. I like my guy persona buy I am yearning to express my gal.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I pretty much do, I dress and present as a female every place I go, except at work and as I will be looking for a new job soon I intend to go on interviews en femm. I am out and everyone in my life knows.

I would gobble up as many Femme Days as possible. I love the look
    BUT, as many "guys" have stated, I too enjoy the benefits and advantages of manhood.

For primarily practical reasons, I can't perform all the things I wish to do effectively in female dress. While I may wear panties (every day), I can't comfortably work on the car to do hard yard work in femme dress, and be bothered with a bra, foundations, makeup, etc. There are many social settings where Cross Dressing would be totally inappropriate, especially among people with whom I've had existing family or career relationships. (Trust me. I don't think anyone wants to see their ex-Commanding Officer in a green cocktail dress, as much as I might fantasize about it.)

Yet, on a day to day basis I find my self wearing more femme items in the everyday look; kind of a mixed look. But the clothes are comfortable and work. For example, I wore leggings, panties, earrings and head scarf (long bandana) most of yesterday [trapped indoors with the SO due to weather, doing house chores]. Nearly all cold days, I'm in pantyhose as a thermal layer. And there's always days when the SO doesn't mind if I go about the house in a skirt or light dress. [The full blown make up, foundations and body shaping aspect of my CD seems to disturb her the most, right now.]

For just going out shopping [grocery store, dept stores, etc.], and daily activities, I would absolutely love to do more of it in Femme Mode. Same for travel.
    Yes, give me MORE days in full Feminine Glory. I certainly need that. But a 24/7 transition to Life As A Woman isn't practical or possible at this point in life, and I don't know if I would fully enjoy or appreciate it. I'm selfish in wanting it both ways, I suppose.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I wouldn't. I just don't have the desire to dress that often. Once a week seems to be very satisfying for me. and regardless of external attitudes, I wouldn't need to present more often than that.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

Platinum Member
    Why not?
    I think you have to analyze the "why" question. "Why do you wear women's clothing to begin with?" That's the question I've proposed numerous times on this forum. It's not you like the colors, the fabric, etc. Why, if you like the fabric or colors compared to men's clothing, do you wear a bra? Most men do not have sufficient breast material to fill a bra. No?

Me? I find myself wearing women's clothing when there has been an up tick in my life of stress. There have been many times when I have had the opportunity to wear women's clothing and I forego the opportunity. Sometimes I have don a pretty dress..the works...and mentally it's not there.

So, no. Even if everyone knew I liked to wear women's clothing I would only choose to do so when my inner self felt the need.

Quote Originally Posted by windshear View Post
    But careful... "stereotypical female clothing" today means something much different than a mere few decades ago.
    Yeah, right! I was merely struggling with vocabulary and trying to be concise. You know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Here in Denver we have a construction company where the whole crew wears kilts (yes they did roofing) .
    As any male Scot will tell you, a kilt (unless it is a kilted skirt) is menswear. Kilts were originally the menswear of choice for hunters who were negotiating (barefoot) the heather and bracken of the Scottish highlands.
    I can't imagine any roofer, whether in Scotland or Denver, wearing a kilt in the traditional manner whilst aloft. Well, maybe in Denver, but Scots roofers would have some consideration for passers-by.

you would be able to wear female clothing without the full makeover.
    You're assuming that I have the full makeover merely so that I can wear female clothing. That may have been true the first time that I got a makeover but not any more. Now, it's an integral part of the image that I want to project when I'm in girl mode. For example, in boy mode I don't turn up at the office in a T shirt and scruffy jeans. The suit may not be Armani but it will be reasonable quality and I'll be reasonably well groomed (without being too anal about it). So, if I were to turn up in the office in girl mode, I'll not want to look like I made no effort at all. No half measures - I'd be wearing a well-cut, stylish business (skirt/dress) suit with makeup and hair absolutely perfect - especially the first time! First impressions count and in my job you never quite know who you're going to have an impromptu meeting with.

If looking like a man in a dress floats your boat then fair play to you. It just doesn't float mine.
    Last edited by Judith96a; 01-05-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Hmm. I'm "out" so everyone knows. I wear women's clothing every day -- it's all I own anymore. I do not consider myself a woman, so if I let others define me I suppose I'm a crossdresser who dresses every day. But my personal truth is I'm not crossdressing at all -- because I'm transgender and the clothes I wear are exactly correct for me. I'll have to ponder on that.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Not sure. I'm pretty closeted. I imagine that if I was outed in a real big way I would dress in public most days.🌺

Quote Originally Posted by Judith96a View Post
    As for your original premise... No I wouldn't crossdress full-time. For me, crossdressing is a contrast to / escape from the 'everyday'. So, while I'd enjoy the freedom of being able to crossdress whenever and wherever I liked, once the initial pink fog had dissipated I crossdress when I felt like it but not otherwise.
    I was looking for a way to express my thoughts and Judith has said it for me.

No intention or desire to transition so dressing every day would simply loose it's "specialness". Plus I don't think I could afford the makeup.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I don't think so. Crossdressing is for me a lot of things: as said before a way to escape, a way to relax, a way to have fun. I like the time to prepare, to do my make up, to find and match clothes,.. But for me, doing it everyday and the fun, magic will disappear, crossdressing will become boring.
    I like to do a lot of things (sports, movies, reading) but I don't do it every day.
    Travelling is fun, but after some times, you're happy to going back home.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

In my case, everyone knows, but I do not dress every day. Cross-dressing is more like a hobby to me.
    Cara

I crossdress every day already, and lots of people know. But not everyone. If everyone knew would I go 24/7? Yeah.

Banned Read only
    Me too...Scarlett

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Same here Karine...Today, my wife came home unexpectedly from work two hours early and as soon as I heard the garage door start opening, I knew I was busted. I just met her at the door coming in and admitted I was a cross dresser while I was in full femme mode. It was embarrassing and when she saw me she just said one cuss word that started with an "F". I was busted before when photos were found on our computer. I thought I had deleted the photos but they were still there. I actually think she will be accepting this time. Last time not so much and I ended up throwing my whole wardrobe out - clothes, boots, booties, tights, makeup - I mean everything. This time I think I'll get to keep everything and we'll have a long talk tomorrow or this weekend as to why I have cross dressed for so many years. I am actually feeling a lot of relief now that she knows the truth and I won't have to hide everything anymore. I think she'll be more understanding this time. No divorce proceedings will be happening here. She loves me too much to go anywhere close to that extreme. Now that it's out in the open, I do feel such a feeling of relief even though we haven't had our CD talk yet. Hope all goes well. I hope I'm able to explain everything in a way she'll be completely understanding of my desire to cross dress. I've been in the closet for so many years. I do all my dressing in the privacy of our home and I don't ever do it when she's ever home. I only go out in public to a move but not to the mall yet when she's out of town a couple of times a year when she's traveling for work...Wish me luck guys/girls....Scarlett
    Last edited by Scarlett398; 01-05-2017 at 11:45 PM. Reason: needed to add a word to a sentence