Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would the Thrill be gone if all clothes were acceptable attire?

Would the Thrill be gone if all clothes were acceptable attire?

If it were socially acceptable for men to wear dresses, skirts, nighties......... any and all clothing, would the thrill be gone?

If you feel a thrill at the risk of being exposed, then yes. I feel a thrill from seeing a pretty woman in the mirror, so it would not change for me. It would lessen as it became routine, but I would not do it every day. I still enjoy the feel of strong sun on my face or hearing birds sing. I guess you were meaning that lessening of the thrill, as humans cannot maintain that excitement to things that are routine. So yes, the current level of thril would be gone.
    Hugs, Ellen

Not for me! I'd dress EVERYwhere... at least until I get into one of my "too lazy to shave" phases.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Nope the thrill wouldn't be gone for me, not everyone would be dressing up for the same reasons as I do.....

Not really. A skirt doesn't stop being fun just because no one thinks I'm weird for wearing it.

Thrill, maybe. Fun and comfort, no.

Of course the thrill from the clothes would be gone. Women aren't thrilled by wearing the clothes they do today and neither would we in a gender free clothing world. They'd just be clothes, no different than today wearing men's jeans and a t-shirt.

Banned Read only
    Billy,
    As time passes our needs change, the thrill isn't the same. I feel I've reached the stage that when I know I'm going out I will have to wear something appropriate for the occasion and then hope it all works, I admit I feel great to be accepted but it's not a thrill, more of an enjoyable experience .
    Dressing at home is mostly for comfort, in the past some clothes have been a thrill to wear, but you can't go out sexually charged all the time, it's something to get over in private.
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-05-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Let me answer your question this way...suppose you were talking about a person's sexual libido, and you asked if the desire for sex ever left after one had engaged in it often enough. I think the answer for most people would be perhaps - for a time - but in due course, it always comes roaring back...

I rest my case - LOL!

Teresa,
    I do not get sexually thrilled from the clothing. I am questioning the underlying reason people dress. I do not dress for the thrill and would be thrilled if males had the socially acceptable choice to wear whatever they wanted. There is a social clothing discrimination against the male gender. If that were gone masculine men would probably be wearing skirts for comfort. However, people that do get the thrill from wearing would probably prefer gender specific clothing. Furthermore, if people could wear whatever they wanted whenever they wanted, they might be less prone to being so perfectly dressed. Throwing on a skirt with a 5 o'clock shadow to get a gallon of milk might be more commonplace. There would no longer be a concern for someone going outside in a nighty to fetch the newspaper.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Billy,
    One thing I noticed early on with this forum is that people like to link the word "thrill" to sexual arousal. I had created a thread where I used thrill (in the similiar non sexual usage as you) and had the majority comments swaying to the sexual arousal definition.

Princess,
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I was thinking more in the desire to dress.

GG's can wear anything they want. They do not choose to dress up all the time. They don't come home and put on pantyhose. I was asking my wife this morning why she doesn't like to wear skirts. She had to leave for work and tonight she goes to church. I hope to understand her answer later. I am guessing the skirt thing is because they feel they need to do more than put on a skirt and are worried about people seeing up the skirt. My feeling on people seeing up the skirt would not be a concern. People wear bikini's at the beach. If someone has on underwear then so what. If someone is naked and the wind caught the skirt, there could be some type of exposure concern depending on who might have seen the goods.
    Last edited by Billy; 01-04-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Knowing my personality once you remove the grass being greener it's not as exciting. I'd probably still go for the things that feel good to wear though.

yeah, it would. The part I like best about dressing is presenting as a woman, not just wearing a dress. If it were all androgyny I don't think there'd be any point

Banned Read only
    No. First, if there is a thrill, you are probably a new/closeted cross dresser. Once you go out "regularly" it's different. Not "thrilling" but still different.

Now, as to all female clothing be socially acceptable, Would argue that the cross dresser would find ANYTHING unique to women and emulate that. It could be long or short fingernails or hair, nail polish, ANYTHING that "only" women wear/show, we'd do that.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    The thrill then, after the novelty had worn off, would come from wearing something new, something a little bit more daring than your normal daywear; some gorgeous colour you never thought you'd enjoy. I get a real thrill out of fancy new guy clothes, just as I do out of fancy new gal clothes.

For me the thrill is all in the clothes, not in the adopting of a female appearance. What I get out of the latter is something far more meaningful, far deeper than a mere thrill. Thrills come and go; looking and feeling like a woman is on another level altogether.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Aspiring Member
    For me it is more than just clothes. It is my alter ego. there still would be a rush going out.
    Sara

Silver Member
    A nice suit, especially a Tux can also be "Thrilling" to wear, depending on what you mean by thrilling. You've heard the saying "look sharp, feel sharp"? Certainly acceptable. Maybe even if you do it everyday. One reason for military or other uniforms is to put you in the proper mindset.

It's an interesting question. I've always thought crossdressing was a symptom not an end in itself, so I would guess if there was no gender cue to clothing in our society, we'd focus on something else that did have a gender cue. I believe we're exploring our gender issues when we crossdress. I had asked a question once, if you had two identical pairs of jeans, one coming from the men's department and one from the women's department, would you still prefer the ones from the women's side. It was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure most people (who were on topic) said they would prefer the women's jeans anyway. The two questions seem the same to me.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Silver Member
    Jennie,

I think I agree with that translation of the question. Basically, do you wear women's clothes because they are women's clothes, or do you for some other physical reason. You could certainly go around in a kilt or some other ethnically oriented garb with features similar to women's clothes. Also, what about jewelry? Or riding boots (mmmm boots! Dang near ready to now!)
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 01-04-2017 at 04:58 PM.

not a thrill for me I love dresses skirts high heels yoga pants panties and bras
    hugs
    Ronda

I don't think that thrill is what motivates me to dress. I like the variety of fabrics, colors and styles. They allow me to express better how I feel at any point in time vs. the male uniform. If in this idealistic world there were still gender differences, I agree with Jennie that I'd still find ways to do things on the female side of the line.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

I still feel a thrill when I get something nice to wear as a man. Granted its not the same type of thrill as when I dress as Amy. I would definitely dress more as Amy on a daily basis if it were socially acceptable. And I would still love to see that woman in the mirror when I put my face on.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

I don't understand the thrill of doing something just because it is 'wrong'. I don't wear women's clothing because it is socially taboo, I wear them as I like the look and feel, and to emulate a woman as best I'm able.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I have often thought about this exact concept, as if it happens over night.

The rush of being out in public would obviously vanish; however, I would still dress up.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".