Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would the Thrill be gone if all clothes were acceptable attire?

I'm not sure I get a thrill from dressing any more. For me it is more about what I feel comfortable in so if it were acceptable to wear whatever I liked I would continue to wear lingerie and skirts etc. as I do now.

I like the feel of lingerie as it is softer and silkier than traditional male underwear so I think that has a lot to do with it for me. Also as a side-effect of my prostate medication I have developed breast tissue so wearing a bra is now getting to be less of something I want to do and more of something I need to do.

I am not certain that there is a "thrill" to lose if all clothing became acceptable for anyone to wear. Personally, I do know that I would continue to wear the clothing that I like and that I find comfortable to wear.

For me, the real question is whether people would like to wear the formerly feminine clothing in everyday male guise without any social stigma.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Kristen View Post
    I am not certain that there is a "thrill" to lose if all clothing became acceptable for anyone to wear. Personally, I do know that I would continue to wear the clothing that I like and that I find comfortable to wear.

For me, the real question is whether people would like to wear the formerly feminine clothing in everyday male guise without any social stigma.
    I think this is what Billy means- what if it is acceptable for men and women to wear whatever they want.

Under this scenario clothing and perhaps makeup and everything in the way of presentation [behavior too] would be free choice feeding. OF course, in this scenario there is no such thing anymore as crossdressing, since no line to cross! And many of us would wear and do what are now called feminine things, and there would be another term for it. I'm coming around to realizing that we aren't after being women [if we aren't transgender in the transexual sense], we are after the things women get to have,and we don't. That is the 'thrill' even if it seems just like a nice pleasure, nothing special!

The underlying need to recognize male and female for reproduction would not be limited in any significant way. I think this is not really the genesis of binary norms- I think it is really about power and commercial activity and sexual dimorphism is used as a platform. It is so strong because the underlying process is so easy to disguise - "Be sure your girls are attractive to men, and men know what the rules are for picking attractive women. Start when they are all babies and they'll never know!".
    We are all beautiful...!

I get where you're coming from with this question, but like a lot of people who responded, for me personally there's no thrill in the risk of being caught. It does nothing but cause anxiety and discomfort for me. If it was more socially acceptable, it wouldn't take any thrill away from me. In contrast, it would add a thrill that there was enough social progress being made that CDers could feel more comfortable being their true selves rather than hiding in the closet.
    If you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    I think this is what Billy means- what if it is acceptable for men and women to wear whatever they want.
    Sadly this is so one sided. If a woman were to go out lose jeans and shirt with no make up and wearing work boots no one would even give it a second thought. But a man going out in a dress and heels with make up is deemed to be odd - and women complain they want equality. I think it's us men who deserve equality!

I would be even more thrilled.I colud dress 24/7 and go where ever.I'd just love it.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by irene9999 View Post
    I think there's some thrill to "looking good" even if it is guy clothes such as a nice suit or whatever. I think if it were acceptable to wear women's clothes I would still get that kind of a thrill
    Nailed it in one! For me the thrill comes from seeing the female me appear in the mirror and wearing beautiful dresses - not from partaking of 'forbidden fruit'. Funnily enough, my wife also gets a thrill out of wearing beautiful dresses, and she can do that any time she likes!

Would a GG in total female mode be beautiful with full makeup and painted nails and beautiful hair wearing a male tailored suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Would a GG in total female mode be beautiful with full makeup and painted nails and beautiful hair wearing a male tailored suit?
    A hot woman in a burlap sack, is still a hot woman. Some things you cannot disguise.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not at all. It would only get better

There is no thrill at this time, I feel comfortable either way. If it was acceptable to wear whatever I would just dress more often,

It seems to me that there is a difference in wearing the clothes and presenting as a woman. When looking at it this way, I see two answers; the obvious yes and no.

If I were going to some kind of aerobics class, sure, it would be great to wear a leotard and tights. But I'd not really feel like I wanted to present as a woman; I'd just rather be a guy in a leotard & tights. On the other hand, I'm not sure I'd like to be a "guy in a dress" without all of the trimmings.

So, as is most of the time... it depends...

Lacy PJs

Silver Member
    When you boil down the original question, it is really a question of motivation for crossdressing. Do you crossdress to be girly for the sake of being girly, or do you crossdress for another reason. The problem is that there are many ways to crossdress, and even within the same person different reasons for different aspects.

For example, Underdressing motivation is different than outer wear expression. One might underdressed for personal satisfaction, or because it is more comfortable. Or one might lie to one's self to say it more comfortable to justify the underlying reason of self satisfaction for doing something girly. While some may just like the adrenaline rush of "getting away with it" Certainly this last one may diminish if there were nothing to get away with.

Any given individual can have an array of motivations for these peculiarities. And as you progress in time, you may find these change. This is called maturity.

Personally I would LOVE for Riding boots (other than cowboy boots) to come back into fashion for men. Love the look, love the feel.

While the subject is not exactly the same, there is some overlap in this article from The Independent, and the associated Reddit thread.
    'I'd knit so hard, bro': All the feminine things men would do if they weren't judged
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7519131.html
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...o_if_it_wasnt/

No because the thrill of getting dolled up has nothing to do with being it considered socially unacceptable for a man to do such things.

Well in my case it does not anyway.

It would make my life so much better if the world would be totally accepting
    of my dressing style, It would greatly increase the amount of dressing time for me

It is not really a thrill for me, I am not the type to get dressed up and go out for the rush.
    I dont like confrontation at all, Therefor I really dont go out dressed.

But if the world accepted, There would be no confrontations, and life would be good.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I would just relish being able to go out in skirt, panties and tights. There's quite a few dresses I'd love to wear. if it was totally acceptable I'd probably move to more feminine dressing style. I envy a woman in a beautiful skirt, nylons and shoes. I often think I wish I was able to dress like that.

It would not change how I feel towards dressing. I do not dress to just wear the clothes, instead I dress to create a persona of my inner feelings. The clothes are a tool within that process that allows for the relief of that inner spirit. It is more the becoming of what I see inside, not just dressing as.

i don't think it would be for me. personally i'd prefer having the choice to choose between wearing a skirt/dress and trousers if they were socially acceptable attire.

I am now supported at home with my SO I am thrilled to be able to express myself. I don't feel it is about the clothes but rather about who I am.

I agree with Judith96a and mona lisa. I guess I sum up my feelings as "dressing for the full look and effect or I don't dress at all!"
    Last edited by Territx; 01-30-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Missed something

No, it would make things easier.

Maybe the daring side or the thrill of not being caught but the sensation the feel , comfort and feeling great would be there more than ever☺

If your desire is to be a woman and you are accepted as one clothing would not make a difference.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.